• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think that Vergil was truly evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMC_girl

Female devil hunter
Say there's one thing I don't understand. Can someone tell me why does he hate humans so much?

It's not because human are like weaker than demons or anything is it?

Sparda™

DMC_girl;191067 said:
Say there's one thing I don't understand. Can someone tell me why does he hate humans so much?

It's not because human are like weaker than demons or anything is it?

It is because humans are considered weak by Vergil, that's the reason he hates humans.

Vergil's Greed

AzureNight13;92455 said:
Vergil Quotes (It's been awhile since I played DMC3 so bear with me):
1. "Might controls everything. Without it, you can't protect anyone. Let alone yourself."
2. "The human portal to the human world is closing Dante"

Yeah these quote made me think that he's not totaly evil, more like misunderstood. If Vergil didn't care about DAnte, he wouldn't tell Dante these things anyway. Not to mention that Vergil slashed Dante's hand so he wouldn't catch him.

I beg to differ.
1. Vergil is merely stating a fact that applies everywhere in the world. If your not at the top of the corporate ladder, you lack security in your position. If your not stronger than the bully, you will get beat up. If you dont have money, you have nothing. Without power, you get nowhere.

I think he's implying that he's pretty much for numbero uno. He knows what's what, and he'll bash heads and break bones to get there. Maybe he got fed up with demons wanting him dead for Sparda's deceit. Maybe he just got tired of being looked down on by people in general.

2. Translated = get out of hell or I will kill you. Dante served as a nuisance. I recon he warned him off for the same reason why he told Dante he's wasting time. He needed to get his objective, and Dante would delay his persuit.

He was obsessed with power. He was addicted to it, craving more, and more. If youv ever been addicted to anything before, you'd get where the dude is coming from. He was evil. Right down to the core.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I agree with Vergil's Greed.

His Cold personality he got from Sparda (Dante got Sparda's rebellious nature).
Also, it's not very good if you think that your only remamining parent favors your kid brother.
I'm all for hugging him, but at the end of the day i don't think it would have helped... much. Plus, Vergil probably hates affection.

Sparda™

Vergil's Greed;191943 said:
I beg to differ.
1. Vergil is merely stating a fact that applies everywhere in the world. If your not at the top of the corporate ladder, you lack security in your position. If your not stronger than the bully, you will get beat up. If you dont have money, you have nothing. Without power, you get nowhere.

Vergil's intentions went far beyond just that.

I think he's implying that he's pretty much for numbero uno. He knows what's what, and he'll bash heads and break bones to get there. Maybe he got fed up with demons wanting him dead for Sparda's deceit. Maybe he just got tired of being looked down on by people in general.

Vergil was obsessed with his father's figure, so much, Dante always hinted at him being too much like his father. He wanted to be Sparda.

2. Translated = get out of hell or I will kill you. Dante served as a nuisance. I recon he warned him off for the same reason why he told Dante he's wasting time. He needed to get his objective, and Dante would delay his persuit.

Vergil didn't have power to keep himself balanced, let alone trying to kill Dante. He was severely injured and that quote was his first-time on-screen brotherly advice ever quoted from his mouth.

He was obsessed with power. He was addicted to it, craving more, and more. If youv ever been addicted to anything before, you'd get where the dude is coming from. He was evil. Right down to the core.

He got corrupted to the point of not understanding the true thing he was after. It was power to protect the ones he cared, which later converted in power to rule the ones he cared for.

Zato-OW

King
I know I posted on here before so I'll try and make it short.

Vergil is evil, he made it clear in the Novel and Manga that he wanted humans to praise and serve under him.
I remember in the Manga(I think) he said he wanted everyone to fear his name. Vergil isn't a "brainless" evil person though, any harm he does is most likely for a reason and a personal reason at that.
What I got from Vergil is that he probably felt that he was wasting his life in the human world with him having a huge amount of power and nothing to test it on or not being able to prove himself.
He refuse to live as a human which he called Dante out on and Dante couldn't understand why Vergil followed that path. Vergil most likely only admired Sparda for nothing but his power(and being a son of him of course.)
His mothers death is probably his motivation to keep on this path. But the fact still remains that Vergil ordered Lady to be killed and put the lives of the entire human race in danger for his own personal reasons which makes him evil.
Then again I read that they based Vergil's character off of Vicious(Cowboy Bebop) awhile back. Which does makes perfect sense. Both are addicted to power, both have very little to say, both only use Katana's and dislike guns, both have white/silver hair, both tries to gets rid of anyone that's in their way including his closes friends and mentors or w/e.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zato-OW;192128 said:
I know I posted on here before so I'll try and make it short.

Vergil is evil, he made it clear in the Novel and Manga that he wanted humans to praise and serve under him.
I remember in the Manga(I think) he said he wanted everyone to fear his name. Vergil isn't a "brainless" evil person though, any harm he does is most likely for a reason and a personal reason at that.
What I got from Vergil is that he probably felt that he was wasting his life in the human world with him having a huge amount of power and nothing to test it on or not being able to prove himself.
He refuse to live as a human which he called Dante out on and Dante couldn't understand why Vergil followed that path. Vergil most likely only admired Sparda for nothing but his power(and being a son of him of course.)
His mothers death is probably his motivation to keep on this path. But the fact still remains that Vergil ordered Lady to be killed and put the lives of the entire human race in danger for his own personal reasons which makes him evil.
Then again I read that they based Vergil's character off of Vicious(Cowboy Bebop) awhile back. Which does makes perfect sense. Both are addicted to power, both have very little to say, both only use Katana's and dislike guns, both have white/silver hair, both tries to gets rid of anyone that's in their way including his closes friends and mentors or w/e.

^_^ I like evil Vergil. I agree with your reasoning. I think Vergil was pretty darn evil. But I disagree about it being because of Eva's death. Evil doesn't need a motivation to drive it, evil just is and feeds off itself. Like greed- the more you have, the more you want.

Zato-OW

King
I didn't mean Eva's death made him evil. I'm saying that it was his motivation to keep at it. Vergil's definition of evil is kind of like Berial's.

The Dark Night Sparda

i dont think Vergil evil.
one he was power greedy and also wanted revange to kick muduse a@# (sorry about spelling i suck at it) but i think he started to get to much power and wanted more and more and want to get rid of any one in his way even dante. But at the end vergil and dante go at it, but vergil started to have feeling and some one who is truly evil or is pure demon doesn't have feeling and to have feeling you need a heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom