• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 Loadouts

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
How do you plan on playing DMC5 now that we know you can choose how many weapons you want at once? Do you plan on rocking it DMC3 style with 2 Devil arms and 2 guns or do you plan on having all your things at once? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Depends

Depends on the weapons.

I probably will never go up to 4 weapons each but I might do stuff like 2 Swords and 3 Guns or 3 Swords if I'm using Cavaliere since that looks like a very useful buffer/delay weapon.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I hope that Dante will have several styles if it is that weapons that risk being boring :vomit:
Nero looks more fun than Dante for the gameplay:bored:
That might be due to the fact that Nero has new mechanics and changes to his gameplay, the biggest one being the Devil Breakers. As for Dante his mechanics are essentially the same as 4, the only difference I've seen is he has new weapons that have unique movesets but how he plays is the same as 4.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I hope that Dante will have several styles if it is that weapons that risk being boring

I don't get what you mean. Styles are still there and Itsuno said there are more weapons for Dante still not revealed.

Nero looks more fun than Dante for the gameplay

I don't get this either. Nero can't even switch his arms freely. He's severely limited when compared to Dante, with less tools at his disposal and on top of that, the inability to freely swap between them.

I'm genuinely curious as to what exactly about Nero's playstyle sounds more fun than Dante to you. Maybe you enjoy the more strategic approach Nero entails, but your comment doesn't give me that vibe.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I don't get what you mean. Styles are still there and Itsuno said there are more weapons for Dante still not revealed.

I don't get this either. Nero can't even switch his arms freely. He's severely limited when compared to Dante, with less tools at his disposal and on top of that, the inability to freely swap between them.

I'm genuinely curious as to what exactly about Nero's playstyle sounds more fun than Dante to you. Maybe you enjoy the more strategic approach Nero forces on you entails, but your comment doesn't give me that vibe.
I don't agree with him but I get what he means, Dante mechanically is the same as 4, just with new weapons. Nero obviously has had more about his combat changed and that excites people. I mean it's simply the difference between knowing pretty much what Dante will play like and not knowing the possibilities with Nero. And not being able to switch arms doesn't instantly kill Nero's combat. Fun Is subjective. Maybe he doesn't need as many options as he does with Dante to have fun.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't agree with him but I get what he means, Dante mechanically is the same as 4, just with new weapons. Nero obviously has had more about his combat changed and that excites people. I mean it's simply the difference between knowing pretty much what Dante will play like and not knowing the possibilities with Nero. And not being able to switch arms doesn't instantly kill Nero's combat. Fun Is subjective. Maybe he doesn't need as many options as he does with Dante to have fun.

Nero really didn't had much about the combat changed they just gave him more stuff and made tweaks to his base combat (a more defined and streamlined revving system and they made his gun pretty different). His base combat is basically just an improved version of DMC4 and Nero players will most likely end going harmless pretty often.

Which is the biggest problem with Nero's combat that all his new **** is literally gated and restricted via his breaking mechanic so most Nero players will probably be playing the game more than 50% of the time doing the stuff they've been doing since DMC4.

I honestly see that Nero can be more fun for a lot of people immediately but will probably get stale quicker than Dante and V (maybe). Also don't really knock down Dante's changes and additions to Dante in comparison to Nero's.

-Royal Guard has been altered and functions differently than before to be more casual friendly but at the same time more demanding yet rewarding
-Balrog while having a few moves from previous gauntlets and greaves is basically an unique weapon with how it operate and functions as well as base combos and many more (how it charges its attacks is very different and along with its stance switching system makes it a more unique weapon than Cavaliere).
-Cavaliere and other weapons to be shown down the line
-Inertia is more built into Dante's moveset so moves like Flying Rainstorm is easier to pull off
-Can now cancel ShotGun Stinger into a new sliding shotgun action
-You can choose to equip as much weapons as you want (in any order) and that changes the meta for Dante tremendously

Dante with just 2 new weapons shown off almost as much as new stuff with Nero and his 8 Devil Breakers.

But that is all for now we have to wait and see for more info. Nero is bound to get some more stuff likewise for Dante.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'll definitely be sticking to two Devil Arms and two guns. Hell, for story purposes, I might just stick to the good 'ol Rebellion, E&I, and Coyote-A style as the Devil May Cry gods intended. Then again, Balgore will be a blast to play with. Especially with capoeira implemented with the greaves.
After seeing gameplay, I feel like my least used Devil Arm will be cavaliere. It just looks too slow and clunky for stylish gameplay. I'll probably end up using the bike riding mechanic or if I need something with a little more power to it.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Nero really didn't had much about the combat changed they just gave him more stuff and made tweaks to his base combat (a more defined and streamlined revving system and they made his gun pretty different). His base combat is basically just an improved version of DMC4 and Nero players will most likely end going harmless pretty often.

Which is the biggest problem with Nero's combat that all his new **** is literally gated and restricted via his breaking mechanic so most Nero players will probably be playing the game more than 50% of the time doing the stuff they've been doing since DMC4.

I honestly see that Nero can be more fun for a lot of people immediately but will probably get stale quicker than Dante and V (maybe). Also don't really knock down Dante's changes and additions to Dante in comparison to Nero's.

-Royal Guard has been altered and functions differently than before to be more casual friendly but at the same time more demanding yet rewarding
-Balrog while having a few moves from previous gauntlets and greaves is basically an unique weapon with how it operate and functions as well as base combos and many more (how it charges its attacks is very different and along with its stance switching system makes it a more unique weapon than Cavaliere).
-Cavaliere and other weapons to be shown down the line
-Inertia is more built into Dante's moveset so moves like Flying Rainstorm is easier to pull off
-Can now cancel ShotGun Stinger into a new sliding shotgun action
-You can choose to equip as much weapons as you want (in any order) and that changes the meta for Dante tremendously

Dante with just 2 new weapons shown off almost as much as new stuff with Nero and his 8 Devil Breakers.

But that is all for now we have to wait and see for more info. Nero is bound to get some more stuff likewise for Dante.
Im not knocking down Dante, it's just while Dante has styles Nero has his devil bringer, it's similar to how styles first came in and we gen they first became switchable on the fly. It's a major mechanic of a character being changed entirely while Dante has the same major mechanic he had in 4 but improved upon. It's just generally easier to be hyped for something if it's new looks like fun.
I'll definitely be sticking to two Devil Arms and two guns. Hell, for story purposes, I might just stick to the good 'ol Rebellion, E&I, and Coyote-A style as the Devil May Cry gods intended. Then again, Balgore will be a blast to play with. Especially with capoeira implemented with the greaves.
After seeing gameplay, I feel like my least used Devil Arm will be cavaliere. It just looks too slow and clunky for stylish gameplay. I'll probably end up using the bike riding mechanic or if I need something with a little more power to it.
Im hyped to see if you can just use it as a model of transportation

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Im not knocking down Dante, it's just while Dante has styles Nero has his devil bringer, it's similar to how styles first came in and we gen they first became switchable on the fly. It's a major mechanic of a character being changed entirely while Dante has the same major mechanic he had in 4 but improved upon. It's just generally easier to be hyped for something if it's new looks like fun.

I understand but to be fair anything they gave or changed about Nero would be a massive upgrade for the character whereas Dante was basically fully developed (mechanically) by DMC4.

I guess it is their way of making Nero almost as mechanically robust as Dante while making him a completely different character. So I guess the idea of Nero's new playstyle could be appealing than just a "better version of what you played before".

SwordofSparda

I'm not that combo type. So only 2 melee weapon. 1 strong short range , 1 long range weapon. Pistols and obviously granade launcher or something else.

ShiningTempest

Im not knocking down Dante, it's just while Dante has styles Nero has his devil bringer, it's similar to how styles first came in and we gen they first became switchable on the fly. It's a major mechanic of a character being changed entirely while Dante has the same major mechanic he had in 4 but improved upon. It's just generally easier to be hyped for something if it's new looks like fun.Im hyped to see if you can just use it as a model of transportation
Dante is complex. DMC3 Dante was the most complex hack and slash character when released.
DMC4 Dante was the most complex hack and slash character when released as well.

In order to enjoy the system you have to learn the complexity.
Not everyone wants to do that.

Hence Nero in DMC5 having a more streamlined and simplified system. I was mad about the breakers being unswitchable and like resource management type 'spells'(thats exactly what breakers are, they are spells with limited casts), and speculated that Dante would get his style switching removed.
Then his videos got revealed and some Capcom dev said that Nero was for newcomers and Dante was for series veterans and the whole thing clicked.
Nero is to appeal to anyone wants to pick up DMC5 and enjoy the game. Dante is aimed at series veterans and anyone who might get into DMC's mechanics. Dunno what V is supposed to be but I like Itsuno getting creative.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Dante is complex. DMC3 Dante was the most complex hack and slash character when released.
DMC4 Dante was the most complex hack and slash character when released as well.

In order to enjoy the system you have to learn the complexity.
Not everyone wants to do that.

Hence Nero in DMC5 having a more streamlined and simplified system. I was mad about the breakers being unswitchable and like resource management type 'spells'(thats exactly what breakers are, they are spells with limited casts), and speculated that Dante would get his style switching removed.
Then his videos got revealed and some Capcom dev said that Nero was for newcomers and Dante was for series veterans and the whole thing clicked.
Nero is to appeal to anyone wants to pick up DMC5 and enjoy the game. Dante is aimed at series veterans and anyone who might get into DMC's mechanics. Dunno what V is supposed to be but I like Itsuno getting creative.
It was like that in 4 too though. Nero has always been for newcomers. I was just saying dante is alot closer to how his gameplay was in 4 than Nero is in 4. And breakers aren't limited casts actually. Just if you use a big move they break and if you get hit while using a breaker move they break. But it's not like it'll just break after you use it a certain number of times.

ShiningTempest

I was just saying dante is alot closer to how his gameplay was in 4 than Nero is in 4.
Dante has become very modular after DMC3. The only things new are new weapons.

Nero however had new mechanics and the potential to develop into something different. Itsuno expanded on his mechanics and it looks different from Dante.

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Dante has become very modular after DMC3. The only things new are new weapons.

Nero however had new mechanics and the potential to develop into something different. Itsuno expanded on his mechanics and it looks different from Dante.

You are misinformed.
BREAKERS BREAK AFTER REGULAR USAGE.
No, they break from 3 things
1:when you get hit while your using its regular ability
2:after you use its big boi charge ability
3: if you choose to manually detonate it but it won't break if one of those don't happen. For example, say those don't happen and your using its regular ability and don't get hit mid attack. Then it won't break.

ShiningTempest

Yeah you are right.
Either way I will not use Nero for combos and fun unless breaker switching gets implemented somehow.

Top Bottom