• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 is pretty likely

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If they keep one thing from dmc4 it should be the combat. They should improve on that and the styles , have no bactracking or replay of the same bosses.If nero is in it then he and dante should have completely seperate campaigns , with completely different levels for each of them. That's what i would hope for as i really want a DMC5.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I am so totally in this! DmC wasn't that good,yet wasn't that bad either.

If they keep one thing from dmc4 it should be the combat. They should improve on that and the styles , have no bactracking or replay of the same bosses.If nero is in it then he and dante should have completely seperate campaigns , with completely different levels for each of them. That's what i would hope for as i really want a DMC5.
Agree with you there. And the mission number should increase here (20 is repetitive; how about 30?). This should add flashbacks of their origins too in some parts of their campaigns. If DmC can do that for NT Dante and NT Vergil, so can DMC for Dante and Nero (with a side of Vergil's story, of course; honestly, Vergil is rather underdeveloped as a character like Nero).
We also need supporting characters that DO support the player characters; Trish did give Dante some of her powers to drive Mundus away from the human world at the end of DMC1. If DmC have actual supporting characters helping NT Dante, can't DMC have supporting characters that DO HELP the player characters in their respective quests as well?
Also, we need better storytelling; only DMC3 in the old DMC series had a good story. Hope Capcom learned storytelling prowess from Ninja Theory.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I am so totally in this! DmC wasn't that good,yet wasn't that bad either.

Agree with you there. And the mission number should increase here (20 is repetitive; how about 30?). This should add flashbacks of their origins too in some parts of their campaigns. If DmC can do that for NT Dante and NT Vergil, so can DMC for Dante and Nero (with a side of Vergil's story, of course; honestly, Vergil is rather underdeveloped as a character like Nero).
We also need supporting characters that DO support the player characters; Trish did give Dante some of her powers to drive Mundus away from the human world at the end of DMC1. If DmC have actual supporting characters helping NT Dante, can't DMC have supporting characters that DO HELP the player characters in their respective quests as well?
Also, we need better storytelling; only DMC3 in the old DMC series had a good story. Hope Capcom learned storytelling prowess from Ninja Theory.

Yeah Ninja Theory is the last person anyone (even Capcom) should look to for story telling skills.

If anything the one place where Capcom should look to for story telling ques and ideas....is in fact in Capcom.

Apparently its a general consensus that Capcom can't write a decent or good story obvious that they aren't looking in right places.

images

Mega_Man_Star_Force_3_Red_Joker_Nintendo_DS.png

256px-MMZ4_box.jpg
45667-MegaMan_Battle_Network_6_-_Cybeast_Falzar_%28E%29%28Rising_Sun%29-2.jpg

images

Chaos-legion_Wallpaper_mn87.jpg

ARE WAY BETTER THAN THIS PILE OF CRAP

Reactions: Meg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Believe it or not I actually played games like MegaMan BN, MegaMan SF, MegaMan Zero, MegaMan ZX, and kind of MegaMan Legends for their stories....especially SF/BN (although I loved their battle systems and how it improved with each game the stories were able to enthrall me as a kid they were goofy and kiddish at times but well fully written with great messages and heart moving movements. I played SF3 as a young teen and actually shed a tear at this scene).

Granted they did get a bit corny at times.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Yeah Ninja Theory is the last person anyone (even Capcom) should look to for story telling skills.

If anything the one place where Capcom should look to for story telling ques and ideas....is in fact in Capcom.

Apparently its a general consensus that Capcom can't write a decent or good story obvious that they aren't looking in right places.

images

Mega_Man_Star_Force_3_Red_Joker_Nintendo_DS.png

256px-MMZ4_box.jpg
45667-MegaMan_Battle_Network_6_-_Cybeast_Falzar_%28E%29%28Rising_Sun%29-2.jpg

images

Chaos-legion_Wallpaper_mn87.jpg

ARE WAY BETTER THAN THIS PILE OF CRAP

Ace Attorney is okay.
Magaman's story was just cheap anime fun
BOF looks promising
Chaos Reigen was so so for me.

Either way, I'm still going with NT's game style.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Ace Attorney is okay.
Magaman's story was just cheap anime fun
BOF looks promising
Chaos Reigen was so so for me.

Either way, I'm still going with NT's game style.

Actually its mainly SF/BN series but MegaMan Zero/ZX games dived down into serious and dark tones about corruption, genocide, religion, war, freedom, human pollution/deforestation, and slavery.

Elfwar.jpg

Its far darker and serious than DMC/DmC ever was and its a E rated game.

Plus it has one of the best evil villains in video game history.

images
MegamanZero4_23.png

Dr. Weil (Dr. Vile in Japan).

Yeah skip to 28:00

Anyway....you may prefer style but style is just a factor of representation NOT quality.

MegaMan games may be anime fun in representation but no one can deny the writers put effort into making it a quality story with excellent character developments, interesting characters, deep plot elements, and compelling moments....well it was an RPG (those demand excellent writing)...and not turn into well....
Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Actually its mainly SF/BN series but MegaMan Zero/ZX games dived down into serious and dark tones about corruption, genocide, religion, war, freedom, human pollution/deforestation, and slavery.

Elfwar.jpg

Its far darker and serious than DMC/DmC ever was and its a E rated game.

Plus it has one of the best evil villains in video game history.

images
MegamanZero4_23.png

Dr. Weil (Dr. Vile in Japan).

Yeah skip to 28:00

Anyway....you may prefer style but style is just a factor of representation NOT quality.

MegaMan games may be anime fun in representation but no one can deny the writers put effort into making it a quality story with excellent character developments, interesting characters, deep plot elements, and compelling moments....well it was an RPG (those demand excellent writing)...and not turn into well....
Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg

Again, all are so-so for me. Some were good, while others were meh.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Again, all are so-so for me. Some were good, while others were meh.

I do agree BN4 was pretty boring and BN1 was pretty bland and BN5 was also a bit generic but BN2, BN3, and even BN6 were pretty damn good.

For a kid's game the BN series got pretty hardcore especially with BN2 (my favorite story wise) such as this one scene where Arashi failed his mission to kill Yai or something so his boss (the main villain) planted a bomb at the train station he was at and set it off killing Arashi for his incompetence. The main villains in BN2, Gospel, even referred to themselves as a mafia and they meant business (hijacking planes to kill civilians, using their advanced technology to actually even bring various countries to ruin and take them over, causing weather anomalies to create natural disasters which results in more casualties, and plans to use a Super Program to gain control of all the world's military power and technology all for the sake of money and power). The game even had cursing...well it wasn't sh*t, f*ck, or b*tch but for a rated E game it was quite shocking. BN3 and BN6 had a lot of plot twists and there was a plot point that connected BN6 to BN2.

Also due to BN series being about the internet and social media its usually presents a message of society and its ills (cyber crimes, isolation, cyber bullying sort of, and various other messages...as a lot of the villains aren't just baddies out for power and money but victims of a torn society in a messed up world wanting retribution and were negatively affects by the sins of mankind and societies such being shunned by society, losing a love one to crime, or crap upbringings as it access why people become criminals).

Take Mr. Gauss for example,
250px-Mrgauss.jpg

He was a victim of societal experiments on people. Such as when he was an orphan with his twin brother Count Zap they were separated and as part of some experiment his brother was sent to a rich family and he was sent to a poor family/slums as research to see how twins will react or grow in different environments. Zap lived a good life with caviar, money, wealth, and a good life while Gauss lived a miserable life. However, Zap became rather spoiled and when he was well denied his inheritance so he was raised with all that money and had to adjust to life without what was his comfort and felt cheated so he became a criminal and join the terrorist organization WWW while Mr. Gauss was able to make it out of the slums and poverty and become rich through hard work, an education, and being the benefactor of a powerful company. However, he grew spiteful of society over the hardship for he was used as part of some twisted experiment by society to see what would happen as if he was a lab rat and suffered his entire life which twisted his way of thinking. Feeling that society was corrupted and wanted to do something about it so he assisted Gospel through financing their projects to get his revenge.

Even though the experiment did prove worthwhile results (a kid raised in a poverty might have a better chance at succeeding in life than one raised in wealth and power) in the end they treated 2 humans as experiments and in the end created 2 criminals. A message of societal ills played so its not so in your face about it (DmC). A great way of using a rather barely used message in media about social experiments on humans and a great way of characterization for a villain character....although you don't see him again after BN2 but it does explain in BN5 his daughter Tesla took over his business after he was arrested for life in prison for not only trying to crash a plane with civilians in it but assisting Gospel who were basically internationally wanted terrorist group responsible for various crimes, attempted murder (multiple times), proximal genocide, high jacking various governmental and military based servers and programs, and nearly causing Y2K (even it was by accident).

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
That's a good point. :)

Although, Capcom did say that DmC was a success. Personally, I just think they were saying that to save face, but if they really think that game did well, then that's a good sign for future games in either series.

Oh, and while this isn't related to the thread topic, I need to clarify something. DMC4 felt so rushed because its development time was cut down from two years to only one. It wasn't because the team was lazy or out of ideas or just wanted to give us crap. They had a lot of ideas, but had to cut out most of them because half their total development time was taken away.
The development time was cut down to a year? Then why was it released in 2008 - three years after DMC3? Were all of them busy working on SF IV?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The development time was cut down to a year? Then why was it released in 2008 - three years after DMC3? Were all of them busy working on SF IV?

Actually they were working on the DMC3 SE after DMC3 came out in 2005 but it seemed since they really didn't show much til TGS 2006 the game probably didn't start production til late 2005 or early 2006 and it seemed they were going the original route of the story of DMC4 after all but it was more a sudden budget cut that lowered the dev time for the budget is determined by X amount of workers and X amount of time + other factors so cutting the budget for some odd reason (the budget was in fact pretty high) most likely cut time and maybe man power.

I guess Capcom wanted DMC4 out by 2008 (3 years after DMC3) but it seem the team wasted time on the DMC3 SE and in fact resulted in less time and due to the original time constraint of 2008 the dev time of 2.5 years given to them to make DMC4 was cut to like 1.5 years....I wouldn't say 1 year. Its kind of like MGR were they were working on it when it was MGSR but scrapped the project wasting time and continued the game anew with PG but Konami didn't give KP or PG much time since they wasted time and most of all money already (like a years worth of dev time) so it too had a smaller dev time but unlike DMC4 it wasn't as random and unexpected for the workers.

So its mostly due to poor management with the upper workers of Capcom not the actual workers incompetence or "laziness" and PG were sort of unlucky.

However, due to Capcom's recent restructuring and reorganization they stated they plan to have more rigorous and well planned scheduling and work ethics to promote better management to basically prevent any other mistakes such as DMC4 from happening again.

aoshi

However, due to Capcom's recent restructuring and reorganization they stated they plan to have more rigorous and well planned scheduling and work ethics to promote better management to basically prevent any other mistakes such as DMC4 from happening again.

Source please???? Even though DmC did not sell as many as DMC 4, they stated it as "solid sales". So i highly doubt if they said "DMC 4 was a mistake".

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They didn't say a new Devil May Cry would be released every two years. They said they were going to try to get some of their development time for their bigger franchises down to at least 2 years. This doesn't just mean Devil May Cry. We're also looking at Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, etc.

I don't think Devil May Cry will get anymore attention video game wise until the movie which is supposedly in development.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
i hear ya. i wish they went with their initial story concept of the game taking place between DMC3 and DMC1
Just wish they made a better game. Talk about the definition of lazy. Yea and it was a really retarded story. Bleach May Cry so I can see this badly written romance between a Dante clone and a cardboard cutout love interest. *pukes* Nasty.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Just wish they made a better game. Talk about the definition of lazy. Yea and it was a really retarded story. Bleach May Cry so I can see this badly written romance between a Dante clone and a cardboard cutout love interest. *pukes* Nasty.

the gameplay would have been the same. which i don't mind really. i just miss some of the trickster abilities. and the character designs were awful in there too. i mean, not as bad as shirtless stripper dante but c'mon. then again, i never really like any of the character models for any of the DMC/DmC games

Top Bottom