• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 is pretty likely

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah, Nero was fun. A bit slow, maybe, but fun. I'd love to see more of his story and his growth as a character.
Heheh, now making him fight evil twins sounds like a nice idea. Whether they're Mundus' sons or not doesn't really matter. Make them evil equivalents of Dante and Vergil. Battle them separately or at once. Give Nero some more weapons, like a scythe, dual katanas, or even disposable weapons like in Bayonetta. Make him have powerful attacks, but also fast ones.
I really want him to work, otherwise they'd have to do a story about Nero's son, or something. But that would ignore Nero completely and be sort of insulting.

I completely agree once again lol he was a fun character with plenty of growth left and giving him another shot would be fair but this time give a back story make it work make it match up with the series give him red queen yamato and blue rose but give him other weapons the way you did for dante in dmc3 hell let him have styles like dante too and i agree the game wasnt god awful and id play another game that had nero in it so long as they do there homework this time

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Or they can just make Dante cool agian and not whatever they were trying to do with DMC3/DMC4.

Really? DMC1 fans felt alienated? Atleast Dante still has his white hair and red coat. Why exactly did they feel alienated? Is it the same grips as I have with DMC3? (story, character, etc)

well, from what i've heard, when the debut trailer came out, DMC1 fans were generally like "who the **** is this little **** wearing a red coat?". and i sorta agree. i played the games in order of release. i wasn't too fond of DMC3. the gameplay was great. but everything else just annoyed the hell out of me (besides the soundtrack that is).

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I just hope that if DMC5 happens they focus on the gameplay and not the story, even making innovative gameplay, but sadly I don't think that's gonna happen, the easy way to win over sheep these days is to make a dumbed down game with full focus on story, character development, good writing, voice acting, graphics & motion capture and the sheep will throw their money at it thinking it's an amazing game.

I agree with what a member said a while ago, the DMC rights should go to P* so they can focus on gameplay and even innovation while the DmC rights should go to Ninja Theory so they can focus on all the dumbed down story crap that modern gamers cherish, everybody's happy. Sad that it won't happen though.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I just hope that if DMC5 happens they focus on the gameplay and not the story, even making innovative gameplay, but sadly I don't think that's gonna happen, the easy way to win over sheep these days is to make a dumbed down game with full focus on story, character development, good writing, voice acting, graphics & motion capture and the sheep will throw their money at it thinking it's an amazing game.

I agree with what a member said a while ago, the DMC rights should go to P* so they can focus on gameplay and even innovation while the DmC rights should go to Ninja Theory so they can focus on all the dumbed down story crap that modern gamers cherish, everybody's happy. Sad that it won't happen though.
sheep? Really? Do you not know respect anymore?

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
sheep? Really? Do you not know respect anymore?

How can I respect the people who cause great games to become dumbed down bores?
Those sheep keep buying the same story driven crap over and over again it causes other developers to give up on gameplay innovation and just follow the dumbed down story focused trend and it SUCKS!

DragonMaster2010

How can I respect the people who cause great games to become dumbed down bores?
Those sheep keep buying the same story driven crap over and over again it causes other developers to give up on gameplay innovation and just follow the dumbed down story focused trend and it SUCKS!
NT didnt start all the good stories with games ingredient. You dont need to be an ass just because you cant get your way.

Get over it and move on.

Meg

*headdesk*

Annnnnd again with the off topic-ness. I swear, if going off topic was a contest, this site would win. Which is sad considering how many times staff have addressed this issue. But alas, people aren't learning. So I'll say this: if this thread goes off topic one more time, I'm asking for it to be locked. Please make new threads for other discussions. (Makes the forums look more active ;)) Cool?

Now then,

SO DMC5?!

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
NT didnt start all the good stories with games ingredient. You dont need to be an ass just because you cant get your way.

Get over it and move on.

I didn't say Ninja Theory started it, all I said about Ninja Theory here is if DmC fans want their story and Donte with pi$$ poor gameplay, then hand the DmC: Devil May Cry rights to Ninja Theory and then the DmC fans are happy, while the original Devil May Cry series rights go to P* games and then some awesome & innovative gameplay can be given to Devil May Cry instead of wasting time with writing because it sure as s**t ain't gonna innovate while at Capcom.

The reason games are becoming dumbed down and no innovation is being made is because modern gamers keep buying these dumbed down story focused games and it ****es me off.

DMC5 being in the hands of P* would make me so happy. Looking at their new game The Wonderful 101 as well as Bayonetta 2 makes me want a WiiU so bad.
DMC5 needs to focus on it's gameplay and at least try to being something new to the Hack n Slash genre.

DragonMaster2010

I didn't say Ninja Theory started it, all I said about Ninja Theory here is if DmC fans want their story and Donte with pi$$ poor gameplay, then hand the DmC: Devil May Cry rights to Ninja Theory and then the DmC fans are happy, while the original Devil May Cry series rights go to P* games and then some awesome & innovative gameplay can be given to Devil May Cry instead of wasting time with writing because it sure as s**t ain't gonna innovate while at Capcom.

The reason games are becoming dumbed down and no innovation is being made is because modern gamers keep buying these dumbed down story focused games and it ****es me off.

DMC5 being in the hands of P* would make me so happy. Looking at their new game The Wonderful 101 as well as Bayonetta 2 makes me want a WiiU so bad.
DMC5 needs to focus on it's gameplay and at least try to being something new to the Hack n Slash genre.
again stop crying just because you cant have it your way. video gaming doesnt revolve around you. If you dont like video gaming now then either play the games that cater to your liking such as your sig shows or dont play games at all. Or make your own game and hope your philosophy of gaming agrees with sales.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
again stop crying just because you cant have it your way. video gaming doesnt revolve around you. If you dont like video gaming now then either play the games that cater to your liking such as your sig shows or dont play games at all. Or make your own game and hope your philosophy of gaming agrees with sales.

I would love more than ever to not have to boycott those pi$$ poor story games and would love even more to go and play more games from those franchises in my signature, but you know what the problem is? Story lovers like you are the problem! You are demanding that the story, motion capture and writing garbage get put in games that I love and my favorite parts about the franchises get ruined because of it, it happened to Devil May Cry, it happened to Tomb Raider, it's happening to Shadow Warrior and it almost happened to Doom 4, thankfully the developers at ID Software remembered how to think and restarted Doom 4s development to be an actual video game, sadly Shadow Warrior, one of my favorite old school shooters is getting a f**king politically correct story driven reboot and has completely LOST the Shadow Warrior charm.

I'm ****ed off and boycotting these story games because you story lovers are ruining ALL of my favorite games one at a time by supporting and demanding pi$$ poor stories over gameplay and innovation and I want this s**t to stop before you ruin anymore of my favorite franchises. If story focused games have to be made, then make developers go in the Naughty Dog direction and make new IPs for story focused adventures.
I'm not gonna stop boycotting these story driven travesties when they keep affecting my favorite franchises, if you don't like it, too f**king bad and by the way next time try harder than the "make your own game" reply, it's been used on YT a million times.

Angry Rant over.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

I kinda share your opinion on "dumbed down story driven crap" but we can be a little more respectful!!
How about we skip name calling?

Reactions: Meg
What I consider a good game is a game with great gameplay and also story,characters,atmosphere because these are the ingredients that make a very good one.

I don't want to have unrealistic expectations of a very good game because I have no power to make one, but I can enjoy some for their gameplay,others for their story etc.

Video games are video games after all and personally I wouldn't like one that has way too poor gameplay because the gameplay makes like 80 % of it the rest being the cutscenes and I wouldn't like to play it and leave it on the bookshelves so easily.

I still don't like NT,but DmC was a nice game for them to make. I would have liked them to make their OWN game and not to take the rights of a already well-known franchise and add their ideas to it. I would have liked a better company to reboot DMC and still mantain its quality but give it something else to make it interesting to make it a true DMC if you know what I mean...

I still think this wasn't a smart move from Capcom,but then again how long has it been since Capcom made a smart strategy move? Lately,doesn't seem so.

Reactions: EnJ

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I'm trying, but those kind of people just pi$$ me off :(

I understand. It's kinda annoying when you see people dismiss a game N talk **** that has awesome gameplay but "no story, no character development etc.". DMC4 would be the best example here. Whatever the situation maybe, you shouldn't resort to name calling. This is a very nice community. Friendly n well, definitely not like YouTube ;). Enjoy here, man. If possible, be a little more respectful.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'm trying, but those kind of people just pi$$ me off :(

Why not just have both good stories and gameplay? There are many games like these and heck MGS5 looks like something that would be really story driven than the past MGS games but would have great stealth gameplay. Perhaps better than any MGS game!

From what i have seen anyway.

Reactions: Meg

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Why not just have both good stories and gameplay? There are many games like these and heck MGS5 looks like something that would be really story driven than the past MGS games but would have great stealth gameplay. Perhaps better than any MGS game!

From what i have seen anyway.
More of those games would be awesome, I love Naughty Dogs games because they give great adventure stories with equally awesome gameplay, Uncharted has a great treasure hunting story with awesome gunfights, great puzzles and great platforming, Last of Us had a great story with the gameplay that modern Resident Evil should have, sadly that doesn't happen with story driven reboots in a big franchise, DmC was dumbed down and weak, Tomb Raider was also dumbed down and generic and even Shadow Warrior looks generic as hell.
Just look at the standard enemy difference:
12312.jpg

In the original SW, the "grunt" if you will, was a scary, ripped freak who used a sub machine gun and shurikens to kill you. In the reboot, they're just generic poorly designed skinny guys with masks who run up and scratch at you.
All of the enemies in the original are being dumbed down due to the developers wanting to focus on the story.

Story driven games need to stay standalone and franchises need to stick to their ways. Love it or hate it, Call of Duty is sticking to it's way and it has become gamings flagship franchise.
I have no problem with new IPs being made to be story driven, I'm gonna play Beyond Two Souls because it looks interesting and because it's new. It just ****es me off when my favorite franchises get turned into story focused games and everything I loved in the franchise is either removed or ruined in favor of the story.

Even when discussing Metal Gear Rising a while ago, those MGS "fans" are demanding that Hideo Kojima focus more on the writing and story for the games sequel instead of gameplay and innovation, they just want MGR to become another DmC.

Top Bottom