• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 Announcement Increased Sales Of DmC

Goldsickle

The announcement of DMC5 seems to have raised interest in the series, increasing sales of previous games, even DmC: Devil May Cry.

This was mentioned in a conference call for 2018's financial results.

Q. Did the announcement of the new Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 have an effect on previous titles in these series?

A. We are beginning to see signs of customers purchasing previous titles in these series, including DmC: Devil May Cry. We plan to execute a number of marketing strategies to stimulate sales of these catalog titles in order to further buildout the fan base of each series in the future.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tbh if Capcom wanted to do a DmC2 they would just bring in a different western dev team to do it.

Its cool that DMC5 helped out DmC sales and it would be cool if we get some DmC goodies in DMC5.

Agreed. I mean, they gave Dante a DmC-styled costume in 4SE, with a black jacket and black hair. He's even in the same pose as DmC Dante is on the cover-art in his character image.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't think we'll be seeing any DmC2 announcement coming anytime soon. The bits of DmC that we have in DMC5 is probably all we're gonna get and I'm fine with that. If anything I predict that when possible DLC costumes start coming out at least one of them WILL be a DmC Dante skin for either Dante or Nero and a DmC Vergil skin for Vergil.
If they really want DmC to still be relevant, they could even make a DLC segment of Classic!Dante meeting new!Dante and them doing this mission together.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wonder. On the one hand you have the possibility of this being a side effect of hype. People are excited so they start buying the games to hold them till DMC5's release. Then again, maybe this is a case of voting with your wallet.

When you have a situation like this one, where people were divided in such a manner, I'd wager there are those who refused to buy the title in a show of letting the game makers know that this isn't what you want, and while I'm sure people would like to see how the game turned out, I think they might purposefully be going out of their way to avoid it in order to not support it because the success of DmC would tell Capcom that this was, in fact, to their approval. It also didn't help to have comments like 'if you're the kind of people who want Capcom to make DMC5 you're in the same boat as people who want the Wachowski brothers to make another Matrix film' which only tells the people who'd want it that this is their only choice in the matter.

Now that there is a DMC5, well, who cares? There is nothing to be apprehensive about and if I'm right then the people who might've been apprehensive about giving DmC a try do to either fear of not getting a DMC5 from it's success or just not wanting the franchise to go in that direction (similar but arguably still different reasons) might've been more numerous than previously implied.

Just a thought.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wonder. On the one hand you have the possibility of this being a side effect of hype. People are excited so they start buying the games to hold them till DMC5's release. Then again, maybe this is a case of voting with your wallet.

When you have a situation like this one, where people were divided in such a manner, I'd wager there are those who refused to buy the title in a show of letting the game makers know that this isn't what you want, and while I'm sure people would like to see how the game turned out, I think they might purposefully be going out of their way to avoid it in order to not support it because the success of DmC would tell Capcom that this was, in fact, to their approval. It also didn't help to have comments like 'if you're the kind of people who want Capcom to make DMC5 you're in the same boat as people who want the Wachowski brothers to make another Matrix film' which only tells the people who'd want it that this is their only choice in the matter.

Now that there is a DMC5, well, who cares? There is nothing to be apprehensive about and if I'm right then the people who might've been apprehensive about giving DmC a try do to either fear of not getting a DMC5 from it's success or just not wanting the franchise to go in that direction (similar but arguably still different reasons) might've been more numerous than previously implied.

Just a thought.
I mean now that we got a DMC5, what's the point in still being mad about DmC's existence? It didn't stop DMC5 from coming out like literally a good number of people knew it wouldn't. Plus, its very existence DID add a lot about what people are hyping DMC5 about so there's that. DmC was eight years ago and DMC5 is here. It's time we really just let it go and move on.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I mean now that we got a DMC5, what's the point in still being mad about DmC's existence? It didn't stop DMC5 from coming out like literally a good number of people knew it wouldn't. Plus, its very existence DID add a lot about what people are hyping DMC5 about so there's that. DmC was eight years ago and DMC5 is here. It's time we really just let it go and move on.
That's optimistic of you. Some people are too petty to ever let things go and they congregate on the internet.

berto

I Saw the Devil
13 years later, there are still some asshat trolls complaining about how RE4 "ruined Resident Evil".
RE4 saved that franchise. They fail to realize that people were getting burned out on the old style of RE games. The Reason REmake did so well is because we needed a break from them and after a while people were rested and ready for more.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Awesome, that explains the bump.
We plan to execute a number of marketing strategies to stimulate sales of these catalog titles in order to further buildout the fan base of each series in the future.
Yeah, maybe now's the time to capitalize on that. And, I don't know-RELEASE DEFINITIVE EDITION ON PC YOU HACKS

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
RE4 saved that franchise. They fail to realize that people were getting burned out on the old style of RE games. The Reason REmake did so well is because we needed a break from them and after a while people were rested and ready for more.
That's true, but at the same time it could be argued that some of the early concepts of RE4 were just as interesting&fresh as the final one. Old fans just wish that the series went in a different direction with a more "horror first," approach. RE7 finally addressed the long time concerns of the fans but the 2 games between RE4 and RE7 were some of most disappointing for the fans.

Fans just went at each other's throats about what really started the downfall, some say it was RE3, some say it was RE4 and some say it was RE5 and the fans just argued endlessly. Now, we have fans who hate RE7(IDK WHY) but RE7 haters exist. So basically, RE is a diverse game series catering to different tastes and fans are just being assholes about what type of RE game they DON'T like in particular.

Last edited:
Top Bottom