• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4SE Trish (and Vergil) Gameplay Preview

Ixbran

Smashing~

So some guys over at RajmanGaming HD was able to get his hands on the game, I guess for beta testing and reviewing purposes, and posted a video showing what she is capable of doing.

Trish plays like a combination of her DMC2 self, along with DMC1's PS2 button mapping. She is capable of fighting with her bare hands, her sword, and her guns all at once.
is used for Sword attacks,
is for Punch and Kick attacks, and
for Gun abilities. So it is possible to alternate button inputs for blade and fist attacks for various different combos. (shes also shown being able to use sparda like a golf club to send enemies flying)

In order to use Pandora players must input directional commands alongside pressing
, which can summon a missile launcher that has two variations depending on which version shes using: a straight shot that shoots two missiles directly in front of her, a wide spread shot that shoots four missiles, and its final transformation allows her to shoot a massive energy blast.

for a proper break down, check out the video. Personally I find she looks far more interesting, in terms of ability, than Vergil ever has (I will seriously never understand the fandoms obsession over him.), and has me hyped up for the game even more.

also they mention something about costumes in the game. they said that they weren't allowed to show anything off, however they did mention that characters will have multiple costumes, some being pallet swaps.

also the DMC2 fan boy in me is squealing at the little things they do here. Her DT is the same as in DMC2, just the aura and the sun glasses. Also her idle stance when not in battle is the same as in DMC2. They are little things, but they still make me happy ~

Also Vergil too, for those who wanna see him:

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Vergil's the man. Vergil rules. Never ever question his charisma.

Anyway yeah, I was afraid she was gonna play too much like Dante and Vergil, since she shares some of their moves, but turns out she has her unique stuff in the end.
It's also clear that they wanted to make her even more beginner friendly than Nero is.

But I'm still gonna call BS on the fact that she has proper Rising Sun while Vergil's is tacked on after DT'd Lunar Phase.

And still gonna say that while I'm looking forward to play as her, Vergil is still looking the deepest and most "oh my god" character so far. As it should be after all, he's SE's main attraction.

Ixbran

Smashing~
I've just never cared for "i need power because reasons" type of character. They always come off as fairl;y bland and one dimensional to me, at least based on his DMC3 version. His story in DMC4SE, if he has one, could fix that. For me, I'm more a fan of emotionally driven characters such as Trish, Lucia, and Lady. Seeing Trish and Lady being playable in this is the selling point to me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There's not much to fix personality wise. Vergil's given a fair amount of personality traits in DMC3 actually, I made a thread about him in the DMC3 section.

But I thought you meant gameplay wise. In that regard, it's good to see that in this SE they managed to do what they couldn't in DMC3 SE when it comes to Vergil and in DMC2 when it comes to Trish, giving them more uniqueness (even though Vergil already felt unique in DMC3) and depth than ever before, especially considering that DMC4 SE is a budget title.

I was concerned about Trish but now I'm relieved, and Lady is still a bit of a mystery. Guess we'll find out how she plays next Wednesday.

Ixbran

Smashing~
aahh, my bad ...

uhm, would a mod, or admin, a staff member, please merge this thread with the one Foxtrot linked too? I mean, if its necessary. if its not then thats fine.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
aahh, my bad ...

uhm, would a mod, or admin, a staff member, please merge this thread with the one Foxtrot linked too? I mean, if its necessary. if its not then thats fine.

PM a mod and ask him/her to do that :)

scionicspectre

It should be noted that these aren't people from Rajman Gaming demoing the game- it's the folks from CapcomUnity, Capcom's community management people. They've been asked by Capcom to demo the game on twitch, and this is simply a reupload of that stream to YouTube.

Top Bottom