• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4SE Capcom Unity livestreaming

Khundy

Berserker
I'm hoping for more advance nuances like Guard flying for the new characters. I'm not worried though, Nero was suppose to be an intro for new comers but alot of advance players are able to still pull off ridiculous **** with that character. We can all play our own way.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
To the "casual player" its super high, most people just can't even get into the flow of style switching with weapon switching let alone combining it with jump canceling.
I just finished watching these guys play through all 5 games from DMC1-DmC and not once did they figure out jump canceling. Most people can barely air combo.

You're right, a player who dips into Devil May Cries or Beat 'Em Ups every now and then will find it hard to getting used to Dante as he forces you to focus more on the game a lot more than Nero. These guys will probably use only one Devil Arm, Firearm, they will stick to only one style that they really like and take very easily avoidable damage often, but its not entirely their fault. As much as I love DMC4, it has a pretty awful tutorial. They have no right to know that jump cancelling is even possible because the game doesn't say anything about it. The tutorial itself literally only tells you the basic controlls and Dante doesn't even have his own tutorial.

To a person who plays Beat 'Em Ups frequently though, getting used to Dante won't take long and they will experiment with weapon and style switching and probably create pretty stylish combos. Sure, if they haven't played DMC before, they will not start jump cancelling instantly but they will try and probably learn it quickly.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Standard jump canceling can be pulled off at times by mashing but the advanced stuff lioe star and reverse raving , sky running and guard flying , lucifer canceling and ground cancels and buffers do need a high skill player

Vergil seems like nero but also dante , he has simplified mechanics but has hight depth potential too

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Will probably not work the same but be similar enough to be cool

You won't be able to manipulate it left and right while attacking like raving though which will suck , but you will fly around more thanks to the summoned swords

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@GregaMan excuse the question, but I'm not that good on time zones and I'm a bit confused, so I think it's the safest way to know when the stream is gonna take place: stream is scheduled to take place in about 4 hours and a half from now, right?

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
You're right, a player who dips into Devil May Cries or Beat 'Em Ups every now and then will find it hard to getting used to Dante as he forces you to focus more on the game a lot more than Nero. These guys will probably use only one Devil Arm, Firearm, they will stick to only one style that they really like and take very easily avoidable damage often, but its not entirely their fault. As much as I love DMC4, it has a pretty awful tutorial. They have no right to know that jump cancelling is even possible because the game doesn't say anything about it. The tutorial itself literally only tells you the basic controlls and Dante doesn't even have his own tutorial.

To a person who plays Beat 'Em Ups frequently though, getting used to Dante won't take long and they will experiment with weapon and style switching and probably create pretty stylish combos. Sure, if they haven't played DMC before, they will not start jump cancelling instantly but they will try and probably learn it quickly.

this was all true for me at first the games don't really teach you much they just kind of throw everything at you and say now go be stylish
when i first played a DMC witch was 4 i only used rebellion and sword master as dante
i only found out what jump canceling was when i was looking up strategies for my first DMC3 DMD run
and i never bothered to read what enemy step was at first

it took till my DMC 1 DMD run to find out just how great all the gauntlet weapon's were
i was like "WHY DIDN'T ANY ONE TELL ME IFRIT WAS SO GOOD"
but i think all these things add to the ridiculous amount of replayability these games offer
you just need to be willing to learn

GregaMan

Not sure I can show off costumes for this first stream but I'll try and see if I can in subsequent streams, in which case I can briefly revisit Vergil to show them.

Also sorry, I initially had the first stream marked "4/28" when it should've been 4/29 (today)! It'll begin in about three hours. But yeah, generally Google can help you figure out time differences pretty quickly.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Not sure I can show off costumes for this first stream but I'll try and see if I can in subsequent streams, in which case I can briefly revisit Vergil to show them.

Also sorry, I initially had the first stream marked "4/28" when it should've been 4/29 (today)! It'll begin in about three hours. But yeah, generally Google can help you figure out time differences pretty quickly.

Can't wait Gregaman...As Vergil would say "This should be fun"

berto

I Saw the Devil
We will be showing Vergil gameplay, so bring your Vergil-related questions and I'll answer what I can.
Dude, just let us know everything you can. My only questions are for the release date and if you ever learn whether or not the Japanese version will support English menus. Just let us know whenever you find out. You should definitely try to atleast tell the Style Tournament winners since the price is a Japanese copy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Please tell me there's a costume where one of the characters wears a beige trench coat. That's all I'm asking for.
Why would they have that? I know you're a HellBlazer fan but how would a beige trench coat relate to DMC or DmC? I think you'd get one from more relevance to Castellanos than Constantine.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Why would they have that? I know you're a HellBlazer fan but how would a beige trench coat relate to DMC or DmC? I think you'd get one from more relevance to Castellanos than Constantine.
Well both deal with demons and both wears long coats so...and whether Castellanos or not doesn't matter so long as it's a beige trench coat is all.

Khundy

Berserker
so after looking at the move list and the stream, I think this version of prequel Vergil is stronger than current Dante, Holy Cow!

Top Bottom