• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 or DmC

DMC4 SE or DmC DE

• DMC4 SE

• DmC DE

• Plan to get both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Weeeeell

since this thread will most likely be closed soon, here's my last thing to say;

We don't 100% even know whether or not this is Capcom's way of seeing which does better enough to continue. For all we know, Capcom might not even have plans for making either and this is just a final goodbye to the series for something new. And if DmC DID do well, I doubt NT would throw themselves back into that fire just to make a sequel to an all ready controversy game that split the fanbase.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
We don't 100% even know whether or not this is Capcom's way of seeing which does better enough to continue. For all we know, Capcom might not even have plans for making either and this is just a final goodbye to the series for something new. And if DmC DID do well, I doubt NT would throw themselves back into that fire just to make a sequel to an all ready controversy game that split the fanbase.
I can see your point, but then what was the point of renewing the trademark? Not to mention Itsuno has expressed interest in working on a DMC5. Also some would argue Lords of Shadow was as controversy to Castlevania fans, and it got a sequel.....the sequel wasn't as good, but still it got one.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can see your point, but then what was the point of renewing the trademark? Not to mention Itsuno has expressed interest in working on a DMC5. Also some would argue Lords of Shadow was as controversy to Castlevania fans, and it got a sequel.....the sequel wasn't as good, but still it got one.

Renewing the trademark to make the special edition and definitive edition? Maybe that was their goal. And just because Itsuno wants to make a DMC5 doesn't mean there WILL be a DMC5. Not a big fan of the Castlevania series so I'll take your word for it.

The Final Offer

Hey OP

50676-Joffrey-doesnt-get-slapped-NEA-iRU5.gif

But I'm not trying to start anything.​

Meg

Hey OP

50676-Joffrey-doesnt-get-slapped-NEA-iRU5.gif

But I'm not trying to start anything.​
Really? Posting a trolling comment isn't okay just because you claim you're not trying to start anything. You know how delicate the whole DMC vs DmC thing is. I don't want to see this kind of thing again. From anyone. :facepalm:

EDIT: Thanks to those of you who got the thread back on track. :thumbsup:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I say he deserved it. It was a call back to reality concerning these things. You don't start a thread like this and not expect backlash because of it. People have gotten flamed for less.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well is it to much to ask for people to FINALLY mature up and start respecting others opinions?

Negative or not?

All it took was someone saying something negative towards DmC and BAM, we came to this.

Granted it could have easily happened the other way around such as someone badmouthing DMC4 but still this just does not end.

I'm out this thread, I can see now that my prediction from earlier about this thread's future was spot on and it will not last.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I'm out this thread, I can see now that my prediction from earlier about this thread's future was spot on and it will not last.
Sadly I'm starting to agree with you..... Said I didn't wanna start something.......added a "Plan to get both" option to be diplomatic (which I myself voted for, even though I personally thought DMC4 was a better game then DmC (I really am interested in DmC DE though, in-fact I'm thinking of buying a PS4 earlier then planned, as I had originally planned to wait for Arkham Knight)) and still.......*sighs* Maybe the journalists were right about us?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Gee, thanks. So sorry I was hoping people could be mature
It was a joke slap. And I was joking about said joke slap. I really was. You needed a reminder that starting a thread like this is a bad idea. However, joke slaps are not offensive, imo.

But let's get back on topic, anyway. All of this was just people fooling around, really. We're lucky a real flame war didn't break out.

So... I'm getting DMC4 because of Vergil's moveset. It's sure to be awesome.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i'm far more interested in DMC 4 SE because of Vergil and any possible added story
i'm not the biggest fan of DmC but i do plan to get both i want to help the series anyway i can
also god must die and must style mode sound pretty bad ass

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
On-topic.

I didn't buy DmC when it came out. I lost interest in gaming at that time. I had planned to buy it just to see what it was, but didn't feel like playing so I didn't spend the money.

Now though, once I get a PS4 that is, I intend to buy it. This is a definitive edition, a good choice. If I had bought it originally, I probably wouldn't as I'm pretty tight-fisted when it comes to cash. Maybe when it got dropped to below 20 I would just to flesh out my library.

I will, even though I already have the original version, buy DMC4:SE. I love the original series to pieces, and I absolutely love Vergil so I would totally buy it just for him. Even if it's just Vergil playable through the main campaign, I love DMC4's gameplay so it wouldn't bother me.

The Final Offer

tumblr_mw2twk3bYg1rk4j5yo5_r1_250.gif

*sigh*​

You guys are way too serious. I'm certain alot of us matured enough to doubt any negative intentions of fellow members here. If not, which is turning out to be true, I'm going to have to determine once again if anyone here has grown or even shows the slightest potential to grow.

Either way, I'm not going to deal with accusations based on how internet communication on forums seem to work from your perspective. It's premature allegations that distance many on this forum, which is another form of immaturity. Something displeasing to witness.

"Troll" comment? In what form? The functionality of the gif and the manner it was presented is categorized as light hearted comedy. It's fine though, your part was played to prove the point of my post. Also, this thread title is a troll thread if we go by that logic.

This is a delicate topic that places both games against one another and usually, a mod would've shut this type of topic down the moment they read "DMC4 or DmC" which translates into a versus thread, because in the title there's nothing enabling the choice for both. It simply states "Pick one of the two."

To conclude this, since the OP is investing so much of his/her emotions into this thread, I'm on topic in the manner OP is letting the topic's sub conversation go.

tumblr_mw2twk3bYg1rk4j5yo3_r2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom