• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Dante/Nero Tricks, Hints, Shortcuts

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
regular scarecrows go down with any attack

so i will move onto berial

now to start off as volpe said pandora laser and overdrive are great against him but i find if you have a full pandora bar use the boomerang which is backwards lock on and style button with pandora and gunslinger equipped and hold the style button this will drop his flames and a chunk of his health , when the flames are down get to his side mid way between is front and back legs and keep throwing rows of lucifer pin ups over and over again and dt this will take a huge piece of his health down and as he is standing back up dt stinger and just after quickly run to escape his erupting flames , by now he has a third of his health left and throws up flame spirals and charges you so avoid the flame spirals and wait for him to charge as he gets,near trickster dash left or right now he is open to a dt stinger or move off and overdrive and use lucifer blades and reposition them near him and blow em up to get the rest of his health down this is a safe easy way for beginners

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
berial with nero
so for nero make sure you have plenty of dt runes start off by charge shotting him as he walks around also charge a level 3 exceed now keep firing til he gets close when he gets close he will swing his sword from right accross to left to hit you jump over it and dt and use a level 3 high time this way you have the level 3 exceed extra damage and the dt extra damage anyway as you come to the end of the attack pause for a sec and then do a few attacks still in dt charge shot and jump back as his flames will erupt drop down and quickly charge another exceed guage now run and jump and snatch to him attack his head and charge shot snatch back and charge shot never buster him with the flames,up as he will throw you off and finally when his flames are down you can get two busters in so keep taunting so you have dt left for them to finish him off

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
next up we have bael and dael who both fight the same

with nero you wanna have dt stored start off by again charging to level 3 exceed or if you can use max act if you can repeatedly max act that is even better anyway let him come to you when he jumps dodge and do a ex streak level 3 after it finishes dt and do a charge shot then jump and repeatedly attack the head while firing summoned swords get ready to jump off when he starts turning he is ready to lunge again when he does you have your next opening so get close and he will drop from above you if you look for the shadow you will see where he will land stand just outside it and charge a maximum bet and unleash this will stun him leaving his tongue hang out grab it and dt buster him turn ff dt just after the animation starts and mash the shoot button you can use whatevver method you are comfortable with to get rid of his remaining health hope this helps
it was the most simple i could make it for new players

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
next is the she viper echidna

with nero its quite a simple task move around dodging til she plants in the ground then run in and keep charging max act and doing level 3 ex streak and charge shot after every few hits she swipes her head and spikes but her eyes flash first so watch for it and jump and then charge shot she will then close in the jaws and fly up again there is an audio cue to watch for where she shrieks so jump off to avoid damage wait for her to drop down and plant herself in the ground again when she does repeat the process and after a few ex streaks she will grab her head and fall limp so dt buster her mash the shoot and exceed buttons as nero sticks his sword into her so u can rev it for extra damage and fire summoned swords at the same time this will take a huge chunk of health when its over she will get more aggressive and change color simply wait for her to plant and attack again watching for the cue to jump when she swings her head and you will kill her this is a simple way of doing it that doesnt require any practice or anything hope it helps

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
echidna with dante
use the same method as before wait for her to plant in the ground trickster over and then throw out row after row of lucifer blades with pin up the explosions will eat away her health watch for the eye flash cue and jump and use the gattling gun and then go back to pin ups after a few more dt stinger and jump off now she will fly around and float in mid air so jump and use the gattling gun to build up the pandora bar or if it is full throw the boomerang and hold the style button taking another big chunk of her health when the boomerang comes back run over jump and do an aerial rave and back off she will then plant in the ground again so same method use lucifer pin ups and dt if you have it and keep throwing the rows when she swings her head jump and use the gattling gun and then go back to pin ups after a few more you will hear an audio cue that she is gona close the jaws so jump off and fire the gattling gun build up the bar and throw the boomerang taking the last of her health nice easy method for ye newbies :)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
credo with nero

okay when the fight starts charge a max act run over and attack him with buster you will bounce off his shield and he will lean back to attack jump over him and ex streak his back then charge shot he will then dash over and do teo attacks to the fron and an attack over his shoukder too either table hopper to avoid or jump over em and then ex streak again but dt.at the end of the streak and fire a vharge shot he will then fly off and throw a spear thing at you if you time it right yiu van vatch it and throw it back at him dropping him to one knee make your way over and do the attack flurry with yamato which is lock on forward and y plus b or triangle plus circle on ps3 at the last hit charge shot again then streak him he will be open to a buster punch so buster him keep attacking his shield and jumping over him just after and ex streaking him when his shield breaks dt buster him and keep firing summoned swords at him and just repeat the process also when he surrounds you in the gold swords you can bat them away with red queen

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
agnus with nero

so when you start the fight charge a max act and ex streak him get in as many hits as you can he wilk summon the flying swords so snatch them and throw them at him and keep max acting and streaking him while hitting him with charge shots,next basilisks will appear so snatch em fire there skulls at him and keep attacking next up he will use two cutlass fish and spin around the room so double jump over him when he lands attqck again and keep it up til he makes audio cues and jerks back from your hits so now is your time to dt buster him and mash the fire button for summoned swords til the animation is over then jump back and charge shot him he will fly up to do a move where he will grab you and steal energy he will start to glow yellow so when he does jump and attack him to knock him out of it and repeat the same process attack shooting and using the swords and basilisks on him til he dies

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
sanctus first fight
okay he will start off with a shield around him and two projectiles he fires at you these can be used as platforms to reach him with the db also if you run towards him he fires glames at you on the ground so avoid him also he flies up higher in the air and puts his arms up and does a lightning attack byt it is easy to avoid so anyway callibur and roulette are the fastest way to bring the shield down especially if you have exceed meters so hack the shield til it breaks then hit him and he will fall to the ground keep max acting and hitting him with shuffle and streak get about 4 exceed moves,in and then dt buster him as the animation starts turn off dt and mash the shoot button to fire summoned swords once the attack is,over he will jump and reshield himself so use the projectiles and snactch up to him and repeat the process avoiding the flames,and lightning then he will go inside the savior if you break the shield and dont get him so simply time a buster as he punches at you and sanctus will be spit out then just max act get a few attacks in and then dt buster him again and he is dead meat hope this helps

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the toad with dante is much simpler really start off with pandora,lasers,to build up the bar let him come to you when he lunges roll out of the way get next to him and keep using lucifer pin ups til he moves then back off and use pandora,to fill the bar again then as he lunges again dodge and use more pin ups he will then back off to disappear keep firing the laser til he is gone and the ladies appear pick one and repeatedly stinger her after her glow fades he will appear dodge the lunge and now throw the boomerang and hold the style button then get over to him and do two distorted real impacts and he will lay there stunned keep dri,ing and as he is standing dt and pin up explosions and dead toad hope this helps people and if anyone wants,to know advanced ways involving jump canceling just pm me

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the savior

this is a pretty easy fight
use the jump platforms and go right til you find one of the things you light up by hitting it with a weapon amd it will fire a beam or energy spheres knocking him leaving his hand resting in front of you so do two dimension cuts with yamato and he will be knocked back exposing the crystals just use the platforms,to get around to them use the shotgun to blow them up til there all gone use the beams and dimension slash as many times as necessary then in he fight keep moving he will eventually dive down and come up slowly so you wanna do dri as his head crystal shows as many as possible back off and again move around til you get oppurtunity or use pandora missiles if you have a bar then dri him again and he will fall back stunned jump down and dri his chest crystal finishing him off depending on difficulty also if anyone is good at royalguard then rg the beam he fires at you and royal release on his chest crystal for huge damage

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
another small tip for bloody palace on fllors wherecthere are angelos or blitz with other enemies likecscarecrows basilisks lizards etc if you move around the blitz and angelo will attack and kill the others saving you the job so if your new to bloody palace this will help as you dont have to kill everything in some floors

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
sanctus second fight
basically the same tactics apply with exceptions this time he floats,in mid air after the shield breaks and blocks himself with the sparda sword simply buster him to stun him and buster him again to knock him down then ex streaks and shuffles finishing with a dt buster and summoned swords and repeat til he is at almost no health he will then charge you so buster again and he is beaten nice easy tactic

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
credo with dante in bp

okay same as with nero let him come to you attack his shield jump over him and then dt stinger his back and shotgun blast him he will then attack with 3 hits dodge all 3 and get behind him and kick 13 in dt he will fall to the ground after giving you a chance to dri him as he stands up after the dri pandora laser him as he backs off to throw the spear avoid and laser him then laser him again by now 1 or 2 hits will drop him to his knee so finish him off with 2 or 3 distorted real impacts this is a fairly easy way for new players hope it helps

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
another tip for the sword angelos when they charge to lunge forward and do a sword attack if you ex streak it breaks through it negates there damage and tuns them for a second for a follow up attack so you don‘t always have to dodge

also in bp on the level where you fight a blitz and mephistos if you get the blitz in the mephistos trajectory when it does its spinning blade move or draw it to you and through the blitz it drops his shield

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i have thousands of hours up on dmc4 dude on pc and xbox ha ha.i played nothin else for like a year at one stagei have way more advanced stuff i could share but it all,involves jump canceling starraves guard flying skyrunning royal guard canceling etc and volpe specifically wants easy tips for beginners in this thread so i am keeping it simple with regular ground combos but thanks

Caiden

i have thousands of hours up on dmc4 dude on pc and xbox ha ha.i played nothin else for like a year at one stagei have way more advanced stuff i could share but it all,involves jump canceling starraves guard flying skyrunning royal guard canceling etc and volpe specifically wants easy tips for beginners in this thread so i am keeping it simple with regular ground combos but thanks

I am working on my jump cancelling right now. It's tough but a ton of fun when I get it to work for me.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
its easier to learn on pc as it has debug mode giving enemies infinite health to practice on i learned on xbox by breaking it down into seperate parts for instance i first practiced the enemy step timing til i got it perfect and would barely jump then i practiced weapon switch and double weapon switch til i got that then i practiced til i could do a perfect star rave then a side rave then a reverse rave then i practiced guard flying inertia ground cancels buffers sky running lucifer rose timing lucifer explosion cancel and so on the best thing you can do is practice on a mega scarecrow that is downed do an aerial rave after the 3rd hit you have an openin to switch to yamato and do one hit and then do the gilgamesh dive kick and lucifer spinning blades and enemy step back into another rave or use the gattling gun for inertia you can use a mega scarecrow to practice starraves too its hard to get used to aerial rave enemy step sky star enemy step dwitch back to swordmadter and rave again fast the timing can be cruel in the beginning but if you want any advice feel free to pm me dude and if you already know all that stuff then never mind lol

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it took me a year and half getting on as much as i could between work and stuff to fully master jc to its fullest and thats after mastering it in dmc3 the on the fly style switch is what made it harder it takes a lot of dedication and sore thumbs to get through ha but if you really want to improve then you will

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
for those who don‘t know too guys all enemies can be caught by friendly fire for instance frosts can hurt scarecrows with there prijectiles lizards can hurt each other with the spikes they shoot angelos and blitzs attack each other blitz also attack basilisks flying swords and all other enemies exvept mephisto and faust all u gotta do is stay back the chimaera will damage enemies the cant possess too like mega scarecrows they will keep diving at them

Top Bottom