• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Combo Video - Paradigm Shift by Taka

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Nice combos there, I really like that he did not use JC'ing all the time, or to better put it, stayed in the air for 2 minutes and punch the enemies.... that's pretty much most combo videos I had seen after DMC4 came out. Granted I have not really watched a combo video for this game in about 2 years or so. Still there are really cool set ups in this video!

What I didn't like was the editing, it was to put it bluntly, bad. There were to many different transitions, either make it simple ones all the time or edit everything to the same level. That just stood out to me.
And I don't know if it's a mediafire problem (can't watch on youtube) but I had to mute the video since the sound was scratching all over the place. Ah well just my two cents about that part of the video.

ChaserTech

What I didn't like was the editing, it was to put it bluntly, bad. There were to many different transitions, either make it simple ones all the time or edit everything to the same level. That just stood out to me.
And I don't know if it's a mediafire problem (can't watch on youtube) but I had to mute the video since the sound was scratching all over the place. Ah well just my two cents about that part of the video.

Imo, long combo videos with intricate transitions tend to get really distracting after awhile. Tons of people actually complained about it when DMC4 Terminus was released, claiming it was overly edited. As for me, I don't think the editing was bad since it literally takes a ton of time to give every transition a "unique" effect to it depending on what you're going for.

As for the sound, it's probably mediafire. For some reason it enabled low quality playback which distorts the audio a bit.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Imo, long combo videos with intricate transitions tend to get really distracting after awhile. Tons of people actually complained about it when DMC4 Terminus was released, claiming it was overly edited. As for me, I don't think the editing was bad since it literally takes a ton of time to give every transition a "unique" effect to it depending on what you're going for.

As for the sound, it's probably mediafire. For some reason it enabled low quality playback which distorts the audio a bit.

Yeah Terminus was a little to much, but in the one you posted, I think the transitions he had in the beginning were alright, later on there was a lot more editing and I personally thought that was bad. Either have it on the same level through the whole video or not. But I think most people don't even notice that stuff and it's not really important I guess, since the content itself makes up for that.

Thanks for clarifying the sound issue, it's really too bad because I liked the choice of music. Ah well, that's youtube for ya here in Germany.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Jeezus. I'll never be able to play like that...Reminds me of how terrible I am at this game. o.o

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Looks damn good. I like the use of moves with Dante and not just a haze of flash like most combo vids of DMC4 I see. It's more easier to see each move that's being used and slow enough to get a good look at all the attacks but fast enough to be entertaining.

The only con I see is Nero's gameplay. Compared to Dante's combos Nero's combos seem less impressive. Not the gamers fault but just the mechanics of Nero.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
And considering that one of reasons they introduced Nero in the first place was to make it easier for new players to get into the game, it would be counterintuitive if it didn't happen.

Top Bottom