• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Advanced combat tutorials.

Turtles

TURTS c:
These advanced combat tutorials are what got me into Devil May Cry. (Mainly 4) After viewing them I practiced until i could effectively pull off the moves that were discussed in the "Dante Advanced Combat" Parts 1 and 2. Personally I prefer playing as Dante, he has a vast move-set and is just all around challenging to master. c:

Nessy

I've already seen more impressive fights such as those in the Truestyle Tournament but I thought that the people playing TST were just some kind of gods

It's not as difficult as you'd think. I could play for 6 hours for example and I only need 4 minutes of footage. Consistency is the hardest thing to pull off.

Yes I learned Nero before Dante, most annoying thing about Dante for me (without playing conservatively) is the D-Pad on the 360 controller. Luckily I got my hands on a Razer (I still hate this company) controller which uses 4 completely unlinked buttons for the d-pad.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
another tip is you can customize ur button configuratio.

I switched my gun attack to L1(shooting with left hand) and the DT to box. it takes some getting used too but with Nero, I always have a full charge shot while having my right hand free to attack.

and for some reason I can JC everything in DMC3 but I can hardly do anything in dmc4. I say it's better to practice JCing. in dmc3. because you are restricted with a single style which you can master much easier.

HKDJ

Seriously, a big thanks to Keirnoth and Chaserthe wolf for making those videos. I remember being completely out of my comfort zone when I first started playing DMC, but since watching them I feel like I've learnt a lot in a short amount of time. I'm still struggling to pull off some moves and making it look half as amazing as those guy's and need to practice a lot more, but I added a mash up of clips going through stages 1-20 of BP after learning some of the techniques they talk about. Some clips weren’t worth adding but I wanted to fill out the track to the end.

Don’t judge me to harshly haha. Hope you like it ;)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Seriously, a big thanks to Keirnoth and Chaserthe wolf for making those videos. I remember being completely out of my comfort zone when I first started playing DMC, but since watching them I feel like I've learnt a lot in a short amount of time. I'm still struggling to pull off some moves and making it look half as amazing as those guy's and need to practice a lot more, but I added a mash up of clips going through stages 1-20 of BP after learning some of the techniques they talk about. Some clips weren’t worth adding but I wanted to fill out the track to the end.

Don’t judge me to harshly haha. Hope you like it ;)

DMC was never about copying other peoples gameplay and i wish i could be half as good as u are. also my favorite parts are the parts that i can actually tell wtf is going on and at 3:08, u kick the **** out of that demon

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
Watched that a while back, those are some pretty hard tricks! You can also learn from TrueStyle Tournament, just watch the clips and see what you can learn! My Dante playstyle mimics Tikok's and my Nero playstyle mimics Dango's.

HKDJ

Thanks guys, but I'm not really trying to copy anyone's style in particular. I'm just trying to learn as many tricks as possible. Yeh, I've watched some of those vids. It was because of them why I picked up DMC4 again. I had no clue how to play it until I seen this thread so again, props for anyone how helped with these tutorials they're really helping.

When I finally have every aspect down which I don't think I will lol my style would be to play as fast as possible whilst doing as many tricks and cancels as possible. Here's another short vid with a couple of more moves I've finally learnt.

WorkenOnMaLeft

I think most of these things are cool and all but generally useless tbh. Star Rave is crazy hard to do and looks awfully cool but the need for it will probably never come up in a battle. I am not a casual player by any means but most of these "advanced techniques" are just plain unnecesary in a run of the mill playthrough. My enjoyment of DMC comes from learning a characters moveset and using them to destroy the enemy in the the coolest/most efficient way possible while making them look stupid, everything else I dont need to know.

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
I think most of these things are cool and all but generally useless tbh. Star Rave is crazy hard to do and looks awfully cool but the need for it will probably never come up in a battle. I am not a casual player by any means but most of these "advanced techniques" are just plain unnecesary in a run of the mill playthrough. My enjoyment of DMC comes from learning a characters moveset and using them to destroy the enemy in the the coolest/most efficient way possible while making them look stupid, everything else I dont need to know.

Just launch and use Distorted Real Impact then. Where's the fun in that though?

WorkenOnMaLeft

Just launch and use Distorted Real Impact then. Where's the fun in that though?
Hennce why i said "coolest/most efficient way possible." i really only use Distorted Real Impact against Blitz and Berial (when downed). I never said I dont try to push myself to get better at the game and try coming up with creative and stylish combos.

8BitHero

Scrub
What's the best way of doing Star Rave? I never actually bothered to learn how to do that Gunslinger Rainstorm trick and it's one of the coolest tricks in the game, but I've seen multiple ways of doing. The best is?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
What's the best way of doing Star Rave? I never actually bothered to learn how to do that Gunslinger Rainstorm trick and it's one of the coolest tricks in the game, but I've seen multiple ways of doing. The best is?

Star Rave is just Air Rave > Sky Star > JC > Air Rave > Sky Star> JC

and I'm assuming you mean the inertia technique with Rainstorm? if so just JC Full House into Rainstorm and you'll get the inertia you want, you can pick a direction with the left stick but if you don't you'll go up and over them.
There are lots of ways to get inertia but probably the two most common (at least for leading into other techniques) are Full House and Sky Star. If you want to Guard Fly just JC into Royal Guard rather than Rainstorm.

Both of them can be practiced quite easily on Berial or a downed Mega Scarecrow, Star Rave is fairly easy once you get used to the pattern but it can take a bit of getting used to.

Good luck :)

8BitHero

Scrub
I expect videos of your progress! ;D
"Further proof DMC4 sucks" Ha. Ah I am so rusty spoons at DMC4 :( True I never reached that SUPER high level of play but damn having to operate the controller on DMC4 after this long.

Oh yeah, basically:
Full house (JC) into Rainstorm.
Been doing it for a while now but Dante hardly moves or doesn't go to the other side.

SpawnShooter

"Further proof DMC4 sucks" Ha. Ah I am so rusty spoons at DMC4 :( True I never reached that SUPER high level of play but damn having to operate the controller on DMC4 after this long.

Oh yeah, basically:
Full house (JC) into Rainstorm.
Been doing it for a while now but Dante hardly moves or doesn't go to the other side.

Try delaying the JC ever so slighty, it seems if you JC Full House too early it doesn't get the effects of inertia.

8BitHero

Scrub
Try delaying the JC ever so slighty, it seems if you JC Full House too early it doesn't get the effects of inertia.
I are so balls at this. I cannot get this down. Using a mega scarecrow on mission 12 but damn, I'm just bad. Being rusty isn't the excuse now, it's just bad playing D:
Edit: Nevermind, I got it now. I was doing Rainstorm input MUCH later you're supposed to. You do Rainstorm IMMEDIATELY are JCing. So stupid. Thanks for taking the time out to help a scrub.

SpawnShooter

I are so balls at this. I cannot get this down. Using a mega scarecrow on mission 12 but damn, I'm just bad. Being rusty isn't the excuse now, it's just bad playing D:
Edit: Nevermind, I got it now. I was doing Rainstorm input MUCH later you're supposed to. You do Rainstorm IMMEDIATELY are JCing. So stupid. Thanks for taking the time out to help a scrub.

Haha don't be silly man. Glad you got it down.
It can sometimes be a bit awkward to combo with mid air when you get around to practicing that as it tends to put your position a bit too far away/high, if you time it right you should be able to do an Aerial Rave > stuff to sort out positioning as it has a decent hit box below Dante and should catch them or you can just do Full House again.
Oh and if you fire a couple of E+I shots after Rainstorm then use Pandoras air shot you'll get some inertia back towards them and should land below them for a re-launch before they hit the ground (depending on the height you did Rainstorm from of course)

Top Bottom