• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC2 skin mod

scionicspectre

I do recall reading about one person who was able to decrypt the model format and make minor changes to the models before placing them back in, and eventually they managed to create a custom model and alter the texture. This was just for weapons, but someone else was also able to export Vergil and Dante's character models some time ago.

Unfortunately, even for people like me who have experience programming and doing basic reverse-engineering, Devil May Cry 3 has some pretty obtuse stuff to work through. However, if we were eventually able to mod the game in its entirety as people have done for games like GTA for years, there is no doubt I would create a bajillion alternate costumes for both Dante and Vergil. I've always thought it would be cool to update the models for the PC version, at least for the main characters and bosses. Even without normal maps or improved shaders, there's a lot you can do to improve the look of a game (take a look at Final Fantasy X/X-2 for PS3). Oh, what I would give to get this game up to date. One can dream.

Anyway, this just brings up the old question of whether this forum should have its own Mod section like DmC and DMC 4.

Top Bottom