• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC2 Gameplay Expectation Thread

GF9000000Returns

Just discuss what you want NT to fix if they ever do a sequel.

For me it would be these three additions.

1. Regular Weapon Switching Layout: Not angel, not demon, JUST regular melee weapns. It can be pair of steel gauntlets and greaves like the Giglamesh. The only direction button that didn't have function was the down button, so....I say just but some regular weapons in there or switch the weapon layout button for it.

2. Guard Button: The original games had one, so this one should too. Replace the L1 button for that.And it should be breakable, not like Raiden's odee guarding. If anything, "Super Dante" can have unbreakable guarding.

3. 60 FPS: Yeah, NT should learn from that.

chocolatepanda

I dont understand what you mean by regular weapon layout. I think its fine, they just need to get rid of the colored enemies and give each weapons more attacks like additional pause combos and such. I want weapons to feel like i can just combo all day without feeling like i need to switch to keep the meter going like. I would also like to be able to switch weapons out for other weapons from divinity statues to further increase you weapons choices. Maybe some whip attacks like forward forward then pull/lift to throw or slam enemies. And maybe some special DT abilities like in DMC4 you had the super stinger and extended kick 13
60 fps was something they couldnt do with unreal engine 3 but if its possible on next gen systems while keeping all the environmental stuff that DmC has then sure its should be there.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
1. Change color coded to be (pokemon style) more effected by their type, angel does more damage to frost knight then arbiter would, all weapons would work though.
2. 60fps if possible (Unreal 4 Baby!)
3. I'll elaborate on your idea for blocking. What if the down input (because not in use currently and easy to press(on ps3 of course)) it toggles between dodge and block modes. In evade mode both shoulder buttons are for dodge(for comfort reason) and then another toggle to have just one be for block(or both whatever you want).
4.more pauses, maybe a hit hit hit pause hit hit ot hit pause hit hit etc.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Keep the weapon numbers as is. Just give them more attacks with difficult ways of using some of the attacks. Also give rebellion a few more moves to use. That was always my issue with Devil May Cry as a series. Rebellion not having that much attacks. There should also be the usage of twosome time. I hardly used it in DMC3 since it was really useless, but with DmC2 there could be hope.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Please for the love of Mundus, get rid of colored enemies. And if you do keep them, at least make it so I can use Rebellion on them. Seriously, that's like the only weapon that appealed to me, because I like swords the most...

chocolatepanda

Like you know Dante only had the Rebellion as a regular weapon right? I'm saying that it should have more base weapons that has nothing to do with the Angel and Demon styles.
Having other weapons to change to in the divinity statue would fix that.. If they got rid of the colored enemy thing it wouldnt really matter if it was an angel or demon weapon.

I forgot to mention that i would love to have some air combos for the demon weapons.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Having other weapons to change to in the divinity statue would fix that.. If they got rid of the colored enemy thing it wouldnt really matter if it was an angel or demon weapon.

I forgot to mention that i would love to have some air combos for the demon weapons.
if they make eryx have greives then we could included new moves and possibly some really cool fist + kick combos

chocolatepanda

maybe a redesign? be like gilgamesh with a metal flating of fire and stuff...lolz
I guess they could make it so each of his existing weapons evolves further to get a different design and some extra moves.

GF9000000Returns

I say that half of the DMC3 system should be back since NT might add more melee weapons in.

IMO, they don't need any. If anything, that would make the demon weapons less unique. Okay, maybe the Arbiter can have a two hit air combo, but the Eryx doesn't need one.

chocolatepanda

IMO, they don't need any. If anything, that would make the demon weapons less unique. Okay, maybe the Eryx can have a two hit air combo, but the Eryx doesn't need one.
Since the game expanded air combat and even made DT and air combat thing i would like to have an air combo for them, they dont need to be long though

Jesse7456

Forerunner Architect
Guard button, yes! (first post btw)
Wouldn't mind a counter either like in Assassin Creed. =p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
  • Something like Royal guard style
  • No more coloured enemies
  • Just one dodge button this time.
  • Also, change up the frame rate

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just wondering, what do you think he can do with that style? Almost make it the same as the regular Dante?
I guess so. I just didn't see the point of both angel and demon dodge, so I thought change the demon dodge into a demon guard stance instead. Then when you block an attack successfully, you get a momentary attack power boost.

Top Bottom