• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC2 Gameplay Expectation Thread

seraphmaycry

fix the issue of OP damage boosts also demon weapons should be slower or less powerful and NO MORE TRINITY SMASH sure it's realllly slow but the damage IS LIKE 2 HIT KILL ON MOST THINGS WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

ranting aside nero should come back just so i can see him get brutally and violently tortured and killed by a ragebaby

kyrie should come back so something similar can happen to her

keep the two dodge buttons it's more comfortable

difficulty boost

make it take longer to complete i bet the game in 2 days all achievements everything (and NT wonders why people don't buy it when they are obviously just renting it)

expand gun play to me guns have always been clunky awkward and uncomfortable to use combine that with a small move set and there is not much reason to use them

more over the top action devil may cry is a video game about pulling of crazy combos. do you guys remeber the cutscenes in the first mission of dmc3? that's what i want

more over the top weapon effects

do NOT sexualise the characters to the point that capcom did with lady (hated her appearance in 4)

have enemy encounters that happen without being coded in. this would be PERFECT for me and perfect for them as it seems DmC2 will have a entire WORLD fully INFESTED with demons i want to make it feel like that i want radomized demon attacks with randomized waves so i am immersed in the story and i am constantly thinking on my feet instead of going hmm a witch and a butcher up ahead i know the perfect way to beat them

more scenes for character devolopment

a few more characters but WELL written ones

nero and kyrie brutally die

vvnero and kyrie brutally die
vnero and kyrie brutally die
vvvnero and kyrie brutally die
vvvnero and kyrie brutally die

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
-Manual lock on
Because flying demons were hell to target

-Stronger guns
Give Ebony and Ivory more loooove

-More enemies
And no color coded ones, unless they switch colors or it's only temporally

-Two player?
....WHAT!? I love playing with a friend, so long as it was done well, I'd be open for this. If not, kick it off the table.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I could see wanting the cardboard cutout Kyrie to die, but Nero was pretty cool and last I checked, even Dante approves of the kid. So cut him some slack.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
more costumes more weapons and blocking option taunts different weapons no color rages (pls :C ) twosome skill and an ability to pick up demons and throw them

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
1. Lock-on.

2. 60 fps.

3. Make DMD and VMD extremely difficult -- Then make an even more difficult mode after that. Just to satisfy the masochists -- I mean, "hardcore" players. :ermm:

4. Traditional DT:

I never used it all that much, but it's still a good idea to have the option there.

5. Doppelganger for both:

Both twins have their doubts, fears and overall hidden side, so why not manifest that aspect of the story through gameplay?

6. Quicksilver for neither:

I never really liked this mode. Unless it has a better story aspect for QS, they can drop it. I honestly don't think that many people will miss it, either. You can still pull off insane combos without it.

7. Better one-liners:

Most of them were good, a few were bad. Let's make them all at least good, shall we?

8. Full campaign for both:

Yeah, this one is almost impossible to pull off, so it'll remain firmly in the "fantasy" part of my brain... right next to the hot detective female martial artists that occupy that space.

9. Keep the weapon-switching combos:

This part of the mechanics is almost a given -- however, it's very easy to lose sight of what made the original great while making improvements. Please keep this.

And when I say, weapon switching, I mean, "Two hits Rebellion, with the final move being the final move in a three-hit combo with Eryx, instead of having to start the combo all over again when you switch weapons in the previous games.

10. Metroid Overworld:

Another nigh-impossibility. This one is hard enough to pull off in 2D, let alone in the third dimension. The last two games that did it well (in 3D) was Arkham Asylum and the first Darksiders. More of this, please.

Unimportant Suggestions:

(Light) Stealth:

Look, Ninja Gaiden III had stealth (I know the first version sucked, but NG: Razor's Edge on the Wii U was a considerable improvement), so I don't see why the DmC franchise can't have it as well. I'm not all that serious about the suggestion, but I think it should at least be considered.

Social Life:

Wow, these ideas just keep getting worse, don't they? In GTA IV, you spent time with different characters to get to know them better. All I'm saying, is that since NT is so focused on narrative to begin with, I think they should take the time to do this to better fuse the actual story with the gameplay in between missions.

They could have "Deception" sections with Vergil, "Negotiation" sections with Dante, and "Whiny" sections with Nero.

Better platforming:

I don't know how they can improve it without having to copy NG, Darksiders, Uncharted, or Lords of Shadow, but I'm sure they can come up with something. Even if they do copy them, I honestly wouldn't mind.

No color-coded enemies:

Just no.

Detective Puzzles:

Arkham Asylum had excellent detective puzzles. We can see a more intellectual side to Dante (I still believe it can happen), and we can experience Vergil's thinking process, who is also tracking him down at the same time.

Dante as a Boss:

Get it done, already.

(Even more) creative backgrounds:

Limbo was great, the Afterlife (Vergil was dead, deal with it) was phenomenal, let's see what would happen if the entire game took place on the Other Side.

Either way, it's another given. Art direction is NT's forte.

20 (whole) missions:

None of this, "boss counts as a mission" crap. Nero Angelo (that's his name, Nelo was a mispronunciation slip-up with Crapcom), should be the only boss that counts as a whole mission... and only at the very end.

Nero:

If he makes an appearance, please, PLEASE, for the love of edgy hipster cigarettes, make him well-written with a good weapon set. That's all I ask. Copy District 9 if you have to. Just make him stop crying. >_<

Or make him evil. Imagine if Nero was this stumbling ne'er do well who always screwed up -- and then it turns out he was playing both Dante and Vergil against each other all along.

Yeah I know, Jester did that as well, but everyone knew he was the bad guy. You'd never see it coming with Nero. He could "Keyser Soze" the entire audience all the way up until the very end -- setting the series up for Part 3: Grim n' Grittier Threesome Angels.

More Weapons:

NG2 had eight. Make it happen, NT. Even if it means more copying. Don't try to be "creative" like with Raiden's magic dildo whip.

Behold: The Assmaster 4000

IT GOES BOTH HARD AND SOFT ON COMMAND!

BUY YOURS TODAY!

Edit:

...cut Nero some slack.

No.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
As much as I'd like to say that the Combat in this game rocked, sadly I must say that it was a bit clunky and very slow in response area.............yes it was fast! But it acted rather slow, however lets get back into the topic.

What I think should happen in the next DmC is this..............

1) Lock on mechanism needs to be implemented in the combat mechanics
2) The weapons change needs to be similar to the previous DMC's
2) Combat needs more refining and tweaking for fast combo's with taunting as part of the combo
4) Crowd control damage needs to included, such as when Dante slashes an enemy, you'll see the floor cracking, from sword swings and gauntlet and greaves.
5) Hair physics and motion blur
6) Atmospheric disturbances when you swing your sword or use angel or demonic power
7) Gunslinger twosome time needs to come back.
8) Table hopper like mechanism evade and teleport for Dante to rank up Style meter
9) A full Body Devil Trigger
10) More weapon choice
11) Sparda's story needs to be talked about
12) Vergil needs to make his return for the rise of Temeni-gru tower of babel connection
13) And from 60 to 120 frames per second smooth gameplay, for both the PS4, Xbox 720 and PC

TheNoHeartedBeing

1)More combos. I want more pause combos with every weapon including guns. This is a idea i had in mind. Say you equip Ebony and Ivory. You shoot 2 times pause then rapidly tap the shoot button to execute twosome time. Another thing i want with the guns are double forward attacks. I mean think about it. It make sense. Maybe with the shotgun you could hurl it towards enemies creating a whirl wind of bullets. With ebony and ivory you could do like a horizontal whirlwind attack. These ideas for gun combos has been in my head for a while.

2) Unlock able costumes. Theres really just one un lockable costume in DmC Devil may cry. I say that because i dont count the white haired Dante as a costume because the only thing that changed was the hair. In DMC3 you had to work hard to unlocks costumes. In this game there was no motive to beat the game on higher difficulty except from achievements/trophies

3)Better bosses. The bosses in this game wasnt hard at all. Vergil was challenging on harder difficulties past SOS but thats it.

4)Bloody Palace achievements/trophies. I havnt even beat BP yet because i feel like i have no need to lol.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Include that move where u ride on the demon and shoot the crap out of others. ( I should kill myself for forgetting the name of the move:|) and other such over the top actions like deflecting grenades like playing baseball, or dodging an attack by leap frogging over an enemy.

But most of all, bring back demonic DT where we can just go turbo crazy on the enemies.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Another suggestion is the inclusion of a mode where you can actually use combos to make battle music. Each slash can have a specific strum of the guitar and all the moves in a combo will be of similar tone and produce a harmony. All blows can give sounds of drums and fluid combat will produce some crazy pieces of heavy metal music. But that's just too farfetched of a hope

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Another suggestion is the inclusion of a mode where you can actually use combos to make battle music. Each slash can have a specific strum of the guitar and all the moves in a combo will be of similar tone and produce a harmony. All blows can give sounds of drums and fluid combat will produce some crazy pieces of heavy metal music. But that's just too farfetched of a hope
i thought that was included in the game but all we get someone screaming in the background lol

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
what i personally would like:

1) keep arbiter and osiris from DmC1 as they are gifts from his mother and father so it wud be odd for him to part with them
2) ebony and ivory need to be stronger, srsly i have this problem with all DMCs
3) mix up the angel and demon weapons, dont make demon the heavy weapon and angel the light weapons. otherwise we just pick one of each and just use them only. hence but if we mix them we suddenly have good class of customization and a reason for using all the weapons (also fixes the problem with the coloured enemies)
4) DT needs to be altered, nomore flying enemies in the distance and slow motion that isnt really helpful but an actual ssj esq scenario.
5) 60fps which is given with new console system coming out

story wise: ADDRESSING THE FACT DANTES DT TURNS HIM INTO AN INHUMAN ABOMINATION AND HE IS NOTHING LIKE A HUMAN!!!

also angels

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Demon Guard: Hold R2 + Dodge Button to guard. Press it just before an attack to do a Just Guard. After a Just Guard, you get a damage boost, but if you tap Dodge again while holding R2, you'll do a Demon Release.

Faster combat (with Next Gen consoles)

Removed Colour Coded enemies.

Drecavec Blades as a weapon.

Some form of kicking boots.

Top Bottom