• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC2 - Blue Orb Fragment Walkthrough

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Again most of this is Phantarch's work but I searched a lot too to find any extra thingies that Phantarch missed/forgot as usual;) Plus I made sure (again) that you guys know almost exactly where to go for them:p
The credit goes for us:p

Mission 01
01)Keep running until you come to the arch gate. Double jump at the gate for a Blue Orb Fragment.
02) Defeat the Pujas and enter the big green door to face Secret Room Level 1.03) Then jump down a hole with several Red Orbs along on the right of the big green door. You can search along the whole sewer for red orb stuffs if you like. Now back to the ground and go left. Keep going until you are blocked. Jump over it and enter the blocking door from this side and enter the Secret Room Level 2.
04) After you see the Statue of Time. Jump to the waterway below the statue, search the end of the waterway to find another Fragment.

Mission 02
05) Strike the 3rd man-face wall and go in, beat the Red thingy for stuffs. You see several coffins here also. Check the coffin on the back of the Red thingy for Secret Room Level 3.
06) Before you enter the room in which you want to "light the flames" just wander around there, you'll be trapped. Inside the "trap" are red orbs and a Fragment.
07) After you go out of the "light the flames" room just go ahead. In the next camera angle, you'll see a fork road. And in front of you there's a sealed door. I recommend you to turn to Dante's right first. Turn right then go inside, you'll find a man-face wall. Break it and get in to obtain a Fragment.
8) When you find the ball thingy you need to hit over and over to open the last door of the dungeon , instead of hitting it examine the coffins to enter Secret Room Level 4.

Mission 03
9) After you begin go south. You can find a balcony where Dante sees Uroboros - the other city. There is a Fragment there.
10) After you beat the boss and get the key you should begin looking for the next door, the white one. Instead of entering this one, search for a brown door to find Secret Room Level 5.

Mission 04
11) Just keep running down and enter the first door in your right to go to Secret Room Level 6.
12) In some point you fight some Msiras. During the battle, you may accidentally spot a camera angle which shows you a Fragment on the left cliff of the path. Just follow it and double jump to get it.
13) When the Msiras are dead, keep reaching north until the dead end. Smash it and keep going forward, until the camera angle shows the cliff on Dante's left. Jump up those steps to grab the Red Orbs. Then you'll see a Blue Orb Fragment on the top of the cliff. Try to stay as close to the cliff as you can. Then jump up the next
step for a small Red Orb. From this position, normally jump up to the top to get it.
14) In the cliff area there is one of those red things you hit to gain orbs. Near it there is a shutter. Enter it to find Secret Room Level 7.

Mission 05
15) Beat the Puias and on your left a tunnel gets unsealed. You instead, go right. Jump onto the higher path search the double-doors there. You'll find
one of them to be the Secret Room Level 8.
16) After you beat Oranguerra jump to the bridge, go to the right and search for Secret Room Level 9.
17) After you gain the Offense Heart go back to the place where the first tank located. Find a big double-door near the corner for Secret Room Level 10.
18) After that go to the place where the second tank located, run up the high path until its end. Grab the orbs and a Fragment.
19) While on the Infested Chopper Chase there is a time where you climb a building while Puias are around you. Now it's time for you to jump up the platforms of the building next to the staircase. There are orbs and you can get them if you like. Try to reach the second RIGHT edge, run to the back to a window-washer cart, you'll soon find a Blue Orb.

Mission 07
20) After you exit the room in which you got the Vendetta jump to the right area. The monsters can still attack you here. Go to the right of the area (under the staircase) and search the wall to find Secret Room Level 11.
21) When the elevator stops, jump to the ground. You'll see three doors. Enter the left door for Secret Room Level 12.

Mission 09
22) After you hit all the thingies and you the cut-scene in which the shutter unlocks go back to where Dante "slid". On the peak of the pipe there's a Fragment.

Mission 10
23) As you enter the place, go ahead until you see two pillars with skulls attached on it. Press Circle at the right skull to spot Secret Room Level 13.
24) After the previous, go in the path which is
parallel to the entrance path for orbs and a Fragment.

Mission 11
25) Well, walk down the staircase and keep going. When you come to a wall which looks like a cat eye, try entering it to see Secret Room Level 14.
26) After you obtain the Merciless jump onto the place above the Merciless, you'll obtain four Red Orbs and a
Blue Orb.
27) In the large room with the pillars get down, and go across to the opposite wall. You see two platforms on the left and right and a higher one in the middle. Get on either of the low platform, then jump to the higher one. Enter the door there for Secret Room Level 15.

Mission 12
28) As the mission starts, you enter back to the door you have just gone through. It's Secret Room Level 16.
29) When you get near the Statue of Time run along the
path. Strike the dolls on the two sides for tons of Red Orbs. After you strike the final doll on the left, search the wall behind it for Secret Room Level 17.

Mission 14
30) Just at the beginning, go forward to the pillar and grab the orbs above. Try to search the door on the left, you'll find Secret Room 18.
31) In the area in which you'll have to fight some lovely Auromancers, Pyromancers and Brontomancers(after you deal with them) jump up the right edge and go down. Then jump across exactly to the opposite platform for a Fragment (you can see it while standing on the ground).

Mission 16
32) After you obtain the Sacrilege jump on the upper floor for some Red Orbs. Besides, you'll be able to
find a Blue Orb.
33) Directly below the first Sacrilege there is a place to enter for Secret Room Level 19.
34) Check the chair in Arius' office after killing Trismagia to enter Secret Room Level 20.

These are the Fragments and Missions for Dante. At least the ones the Phantarch and I found. I have heard that the Secret Rooms are about 30 though.

Anyway Lucia part coming one of these days too;)
Phantarch sent me what he could find, but I'm too tired now to check for any others:p

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
As promised here's the Lucia part. Again this is by the Phantarch and me editing and find or or two extras. However I still believe that there may be some fragments here and there or some Secret Rooms for both Dante and Lucia. If anyone finds one, let me know and I'll edit.;)

Mission 01
1) Check the two ends of the
waterway at the beginning of the mission, you'll be able to enter Secret Room Level 1.
2) Soon after the previous you'll find a Statue of Time. A Fragment locates on the left of the statue.3) After you kill the Savage Golem run up. At the arch gate, kick jump to grab the stuff. Pass the arch gate
and run. Pay attention to the wall, you'll find a head statue on the cliff. Try getting on the statue's shoulder, then the head. You should find a Fragment here.
4) Around the end of the mission check around for two statues containing Red Orbs. Then run to the small path on the left of the tower. Press Circle button...and enter Secret Room Level 2.

Mission 02
5) After you obtain the Darts by smashing the statue, you shall see a Fragment as well.
6) After defeating Tartarussian, don't forget to strike a lot of statues around
the room to grab Red Orbs. Then get into the small room to obtain the Arcana
Spada, and a Fragment near there.

Mission 03
7) After entering the Cliff Area of the City, keep running down. Jump up the upper platform to get Red Orbs. Then double jump on the higher platform for a Blue Orb.
8) When the Msiras are ended, keep reaching north til the dead end. Now have Lucia strike the end "wall". You'll be able to obtain a new area. Keep going
forward, until the camera angle shows the cliff on Lucia's left. Jump up those steps to grab the Red Orbs. Then you'll see a Blue Orb Fragment on the top of
the cliff. Try to stay as close to the cliff as you can. Then jump up the next step for a small Red Orb. From this position, normally jump up to the top to obtain a Fragment.
9) Inside a "house" you entered beat some devils and search the Carved Relief under the staircase for Secret Room Level 3.
10) At around the end of the mission go up the left staircase and search for Green Orb. Then enter the back wall there for Secret Room Level 4.

Mission 05
11) When you go outside search the ground for a four-capsule thing. Jump into the center of the four capsules for a Fragment.
12) When the elevator stops , go until you see three doors. The right door is Secret Room Level 5.

Mission 06
12) After you defeat the boss there'll be a cut-scene and Lucia will appear in another place. Grab the
Fragment nearby.
13) Equip the Aerial Heart and DT, fly to the top of the pillars to get orbs. Fly to ledge above you got the previous fragment, search the big hole for Secret Room Level 6.

Mission 07
14) At where you found Aqua Heart, Left of that(Lucia's right) find little door on the ledge nearby.. jump (double) and enter the door for Secret Room Level 7.

Mission 08
15) Above the Gold Orb in the beginning. Swim around and find this dark doorway and enter it for Secret Room Level 8, kill the Blades first if you want.
16) Now swim to the back of the destroyed pedestal for a Fragment.
17) While swimming, in a place you shall see several rectangle holes. Dive into the biggest hole to the lower path. There are several Red Orbs, Green Orb and
a Blue Orb.

Mission 10
18) After striking the 1st globe turn right and go along the path. Check one of the doors along
the path for Secret Room Level 9.
19) After striking the 2nd globe go ahead til the next turn. Here you can find a medium Red Orb on the
left side. Then keep going until you see a rectangle hole on the wall (where
you got the first Gold Orb in mission 1). Jump into that area, fight the Msira and the Auromancers. Then search each of the corners of the arena for a Blue Orb.
20) After striking the 3rd globe go north. There are orbs on the way, along with the annoyance of
Agonofinises, Terreofinises and Mortifinises. Then turn to the left path (which has a medium Red Orb). Entering this area, you'll have to fight some lovely Auromancers, Pyromancers and Brontomancers. After that, jump up the
right edge for a Fragment and a Striking Globe.

Mission 12
21) After the 1st elevator find the pots along the way and strike them for stuffs. Then run south for
another pot. But after you strike it, just stand there and press Circle, you'll soon access Secret Room Level 10.
22) After you obtain the Sacrilege in the Rolling Ball Room jump on the upper floor for some Red Orbs. Besides, you'll be able to find a Blue Orb.

That's it;)

And the Missions I haven't included here are obviously the ones which do not have fragments or Secret Rooms;)

I hope it helps^_^

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Thanks Tony, that came a big help! :)

Oh and one other thing to add...Trismagia's almost impossible to avoid 3 head attack...it's not hard to avoid...behold my glory...I found how to dodge it and it works every time! You press circle to do a dodge roll, right? Well you just need to do a forward dodge roll as soon as the attack's about to hit you. :D

donovan neal

there is a blue orb fragment in mission 4 on lucia's disk that you missed.if you jump from the upper street to the lower where dante first fought the two wolves its in the air somewhere and you should jump into it or just devil trigger and fly until you find it.in mission 7 of lucia's disk there is a blue orb that you missed.instead of swimming up the hole starting off swim forward and swim in the hole on the left.the blue orb is in the hole on the lef

donovan neal

hey tony_redgrave,i found all the blue orbs,blue orb fragments and secret rooms on your blue orb fragment walkthrough plus the blue orb and blue orb fragment on lucia's disk that you missed and i found but im missing either 4 blue orb fragments or a blue orb on both the dante disk and the lucia disk,is there something i still need to do to obtain them that you didn't include in your walkthrough?

oh and i forgot to mention that i also bought all of the blue orbs from the statue store...?(i'm lost,lol,dont know what to do)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
hey tony_redgrave,i found all the blue orbs,blue orb fragments and secret rooms on your blue orb fragment walkthrough plus the blue orb and blue orb fragment on lucia's disk that you missed and i found but im missing either 4 blue orb fragments or a blue orb on both the dante disk and the lucia disk,is there something i still need to do to obtain them that you didn't include in your walkthrough?

oh and i forgot to mention that i also bought all of the blue orbs from the statue store...?(i'm lost,lol,dont know what to do)

Well, that's the most I could find to be honest. And I haven' played this game for ages. Because DMC2 isn't as popular as the others, there were no videos on youtube about the blue orbs as well. Hopefully when the HD version comes, someone will post them, but for now I can only wish you good luck;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hey newbie here found your guide very useful the only full blue orb you missed is on mission 7 after you defeat the demons on the train above the lift is the final blue orb hope this helps

Thank you for your input! Thanks to you, this guide is finally complete :D

Final Blue Orb Fragment in mission 10, are you sure that's supposed to be there? I've been looking in that area for a while now and can't find it. Sorry for the necromancy here....
Oh also hi all.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
I think you forgot one of Dante's "factory sequence" whole Blue Orb though. I recall using this a long time ago and I ended up missing a full orb.

You missed one of Lucia's Blue Orb's. It's in mission 5 after you get the ElectroHeart, in the room you just came from, but now there's lava. Kill the Flambats and it's at the end of the lava pit (on the left) on the bottom rail. Here's a timestamped video of the mission:

Top Bottom