• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
A little update on Ricoshot Stocking; you can use Ophion grapples with a stock, but you'll lose it if you do. It also will continue to charge up to full no matter what, so you can hold the Shoot key to start charging, and then do the inputs necessary to "stock" it pretty much right away, charging up to full while you hack away in a melee combo.

Domenic93

I thought everything about E&I was unknown. We dont even know where Dante got them. I dont remember anything saying they were made from the same material as Rebellion but i do remember them saying they had the same design concept. And Dante does have his guns in the real world i think when him and Virgil are doing the Lilith and Kat exchange.
Really? they're not even human weapons anymore? -_-* whell that would explain there **** poor design, at least the old ones looked like you could make them and be practical guns, here they basically a desert eagle barell etc. with Revolver stocks, (don't bitch about infinite ammo) they were supposed to be custom made guns because he fired so fast he'd ruin any lesser guns.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Really? they're not even human weapons anymore? -_-* whell that would explain there **** poor design, at least the old ones looked like you could make them and be practical guns, here they basically a desert eagle barell etc. with Revolver stocks, (don't bitch about infinite ammo) they were supposed to be custom made guns because he fired so fast he'd ruin any lesser guns.

Complaining about how things are supposed to be in an alternate universe doing things differently from the originals is like yelling into an elephant's sphincter; awkward, useless, and you could end up getting sh*t on.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

You do realize Dante's old guns weren't human made.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yes they were, they were made for Dante by Nell Goldstein, who was a human. the fact he modded them in teh years following her death not withstanding, Ebony and Ivory are human made weapons.

Then why the hell are they able to withstand Dante's power and shoot demonic bullets? and also not need reloading?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Because she specifically built them around his abilities and reflex speeds, it's why it took her so long to make them just right. And you can empower a mortal weapon with demonic energies, Nero does the same with Blue Rose, which is a non-demonic weapon. And Unlimited Ammo is part of the "never needs reloads" trope of action movies, you almost never see the hero run out of ammo or have to reload unless plot or theatricality demands it.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Then why the hell are they able to withstand Dante's power and shoot demonic bullets? and also not need reloading?
Nell made them that way because dante would always complain about his guns breaking, and he channels his demonic energy into them for a unlimited supply of ammunition

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, Nell made the Girls specifically for Dante, and even had him do the final assembly so that they were truly his. you could say that him putting the guns together were what bonded them to his energy and empowered tehm, but eth fact stands that Classic!DMC Ebony and Ivory are human made weapons.

Paexie

I think it makes more sense to have them a more supernatural flare to them in DmC. I mean, Nell may be the greatest gunsmith in the whole world, but there can't seriously be a material that can withstand that much trigger pulling without some heavy ass maintenance after every fight or so.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It just hit me, Dante's DT form is not a Devil! So Dante's "real" form is a dude with white hair and a red coat? No demon/angel hybrid form?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Nell Goldstein and Tony Redgrave backstory = still canon because it's still on Ebony and Ivory. Capcom has never bumped that out of the continuity with any kind of statement from directors or staff, and the Anime, which was explicitly stated by Kobayashi to be canon, referenced the first novel directly. Ergo, the first novels events are to be expected as revised(just imagine Rebellion instead of Force Edge, really and you're set), but they are still CANON. And don't try the old "DMC3 pushed them out" line, since DMC3 outright referenced a previous meeting a year before.

Top Bottom