• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Vergil and Dmc3 Vergil

DmC or Dmc3

• Total voters

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
As you can see from my avatar pic (Thanks to you putting it up on the caption thread) I don't get a lot of things too quickly.
tumblr_m0fug4o42K1r7e09eo1_500.gif

I think thats adorable

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
For a long time Vergil from DMC3 was one of my favorite characters, looking back he was not really a good, well thought out characte and finally playing with him in DMC3:SE left a bad taste in my mouth. He was kinda fun but seems like he was VERY tacked on and his abilities were nothing to write home about. I would have to say I like DmC Vergil better because his motives are way more fleshed out even though he is not as "cool" or badass as DMC3 Vergil.DmC Vergil plays like a character that the developers actually gave a damn about making unique and interesting so that is the main reason DmC Vergil wins out for me

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I find that Vergil's motivations in DmC make more sense, and you can even sympathize with him.
Totally agree with you.
DMC3 Vergil is a badass, surely, and I love him, but he has very little personality. We just see his cold attitude, but we don't see anything of what goes on beneath the surface.
At least with DmC Vergil we get a glimpse of the deepest reasons that move him. He will probably develop an attitude similar to DMC3 Vergil's, but at least now we know why he is like that.

As for the voice actors, I find DMC3 Vergil's voice fascinating (it was the first thing I liked about him), but David DeLatour made a great job too for DmC Vergil.

Dante47

As for the voice actors, I find DMC3 Vergil's voice fascinating (it was the first thing I liked about him), but David DeLatour made a great job too for DmC Vergil.
I thought David DeLatour was incredible.
His no nonsense way of delivering lines fit the character of Vergil very well.
The way he conveyed the emotions in his voice defiantly is what set him apart from Dante in my mind.
In Vergil's Downfall, I love the way he says, "Damn you, Dante..." It fits his nature.
As for the original voice actor, Dan Southworth, I agree that his voice is fascinating.
However, he wasn't given much to say, or at least, not much to say that was memorable.
Although, how can anyone forget, "Foolishness Dante, foolishness..."
Or, "Then it seems are souls are at odd, brother."

MasterBlasterAA

DmC Vergil definitely. I was torn between DMC3 Vergil and DmC Vergil during the main game but after Vergil's Downfall I not only empathize with Vergil, but fully understand his quest for power and revenge. Although I love DMC3 Vergil too, I could never say the same thing for him. He just always seemed like the quintessential enemy with no real reasons for his hatred or motives.

Combat for DmC Vergil is amazing. I know a lot of people say Judgement Cut does not look as good, but I absolutely love it (especially with Perfect Slice). Its like catching a ton of enemies in a fiery, 4th dimensional blender. Not to mention Atomic, and Solar Flare which are absolutely devastating for any demons foolish enough to cross Vergil's path.

I agree with a lot of people here that the line in Vergil's Downfall "STOP RUNNING DANTE" totally put me over the edge for DmC Vergil. Right when I heard that, I was like... man I wouldn't want this guy angry at me. The inflection in his voice made the line sound less blatantly angry, and more insane with rage. Absolutely awesome.

DMC3 Vergil got so shafted by writers in the old series which really saddened me. He deserved more.

LysseC

I thought David DeLatour was incredible.
His no nonsense way of delivering lines fit the character of Vergil very well.
The way he conveyed the emotions in his voice defiantly is what set him apart from Dante in my mind.
In Vergil's Downfall, I love the way he says, "Damn you, Dante..." It fits his nature.

You're definitely right. DmC Vergil is a more complicated character, and DeLatour brought this perfectly on the screen. There is not one single line that is said with flat intonation, each one of them differs from the others depending on the character's feelings at the moment... it's just great.

As for the original voice actor, Dan Southworth, I agree that his voice is fascinating.
However, he wasn't given much to say, or at least, not much to say that was memorable.
Although, how can anyone forget, "Foolishness Dante, foolishness..."
Or, "Then it seems are souls are at odd, brother."

Southworth, on the other hand, had to portray a one-sided character, and he did the job well IMO, but it's not the same thing as with DmC Vergil...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like DmC Vergil a little better because there is more context for his actions and his relationship with his brother.

But i like DMC3 Vergil for the VA and general badassitude so beating him was more an accomplishmet than it was in the reboot.

LysseC

But i like DMC3 Vergil for the VA and general badassitude so beating him was more an accomplishmet than it was in the reboot.
Yeah, I admit I found it a little strange never seeing him fight in the reboot apart from his final confrontation with Dante: after what we are shown in DMC3 I expected him to be more prone to swinging his sword around. I was always "So Verge, you going to show us what you can do at some point or what??"
But then, it was only my prejudice, and VD made sure that we saw him at work... Or, well, would have, had it not been for the comic-like cutscenes... (I'm starting to hate them, I so wanted to see it in 3d...)

Top Bottom