• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Evil Nero

The setting. How the DmC Dante's face seems to be more similar to DMC2 Dante's face. It's not solid, just an idea.

Dante47

I think that after the conflict of the game is resolved, I think Dante will finally open his shop, "Devil May Cry". Also, with Dante being half demon and half angel, it could mean that not only will you hunt demons, but possibly some angels as well. This could also encourage multiple story arcs, or a karma system where you can play as a Dante encouraging his Demon side or a more Angel-like Dante. I also heard a rumor saying Dante is looking for "revenge", possibly like old Dante's hunt for vengeance on the demons.

Domenic93

I think that after the conflict of the game is resolved, I think Dante will finally open his shop, "Devil May Cry". Also, with Dante being half demon and half angel, it could mean that not only will you hunt demons, but possibly some angels as well. This could also encourage multiple story arcs, or a karma system where you can play as a Dante encouraging his Demon side or a more Angel-like Dante. I also heard a rumor saying Dante is looking for "revenge", possibly like old Dante's hunt for vengeance on the demons.
I think everyone was predicting a karma system

ReRave

smug jerk
I think everyone was predicting a karma system
Sounds weird though. It worked in Dante's Inferno, but i'm not sure how this will look in DmC.

Well another setting-related theory, of which I don't know if it has been thought of yet:
When Dante gets dragged into Limbo in the "Fight"-trailer, the demons appear and he says "here comes trouble", she answers "I am not safe here". So it's likely that actions in Limbo bleed over to the real world. Maybe there's car accidents happening or gas-lines exploding around and random mishaps tend to happen where Dante switches dimensions, that's why he's being looked after like a terrorist: whenever he is seen somewhere, chaos erupts.

Ana

Sounds weird though. It worked in Dante's Inferno, but i'm not sure how this will look in DmC.

Well another setting-related theory, of which I don't know if it has been thought of yet:
When Dante gets dragged into Limbo in the "Fight"-trailer, the demons appear and he says "here comes trouble", she answers "I am not safe here". So it's likely that actions in Limbo bleed over to the real world. Maybe there's car accidents happening or gas-lines exploding around and random mishaps tend to happen where Dante switches dimensions, that's why he's being looked after like a terrorist: whenever he is seen somewhere, chaos erupts.

It might not be karma as such, but rather a demonic energy vs holy energy meter. Like, you use the dark side too much and you get consequences.

The girl says something else like that in the Escape trailer too. She says, "It's chaos out here," or something like that.

Domenic93

It might not be karma as such, but rather a demonic energy vs holy energy meter. Like, you use the dark side too much and you get consequences.

The girl says something else like that in the Escape trailer too. She says, "It's chaos out here," or something like that.
it's the same concept

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm guessing he might have been raised by Angels or human being given his human behavior and vicious demeanor towards demons.

Lulu_Way

DMC Fan X

Kinda like the karma system in Infamous?

chocolatepanda

A karma system would seem kinda out of place since Dante is born with these powers there shouldn't be a consequence for using them since it's just a natural part of him. But there still might be a holy and demonic energy meter that's used for special abilities like the new DT.

Dante47

I'm thinking that if there are separate Holy and Demonic powers then they'll work similar to the combat styles in previous games, just applying to his powers. I'm sure the point is to point out how both give a great advantage but a disadvantage as well. It be interesting to see if combat styles will return in this game, which I hope they do.

Domenic93

I'm thinking that if there are separate Holy and Demonic powers then they'll work similar to the combat styles in previous games, just applying to his powers. I'm sure the point is to point out how both give a great advantage but a disadvantage as well. It be interesting to see if combat styles will return in this game, which I hope they do.
what I meant is maybe it will be like the system in fable were you look more demonic, or angelic, like the more Dino uses demon abilities and the opposite or if there are cinematic decisions like in mass effect 2, because that is a rookie developer trap to try to use it when you have no experience using it.

Dante47

Storywise, do you guys think Sparda will be involved? In the other games, he was known as the demon who defended humans, and of course Dante's father. But in this game, Dante is half angel. Will Sparda still be his father? Could the lore be entirely recreated? Or similar?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Storywise, do you guys think Sparda will be involved? In the other games, he was known as the demon who defended humans, and of course Dante's father. But in this game, Dante is half angel. Will Sparda still be his father? Could the lore be entirely recreated? Or similar?
You bring up good points. Points that DmC certain DmC supporters would not want to happen.

Because DmC is a new rebooted game - it's not tied to DMC's ideas and concepts. Such as Vergil, Dante, Sparda, REbellion etc. The reason why many of these things are seen again in DmC is because Capcom wants good sales.

Now many have bragged that Ninja theory are experts within Story telling. With that said they could then without much difficulty create a completely new story, new character and a new "world".

But again Capcom wants to use same old concepts and ideas to keep old or DMC fans to buy the game.

But that does not make DmC DMC. It's a new game.

So Sparda can be a young kid who's licking a lolipop on streets.
Vergil could be a protagnist in DmC and not a brother to DmC Dante.

etc

To answer your questions: I think they will keep the Sparda (him saving world, being son of Dante etc).

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
something tells me Dmc will have different traits. No Trish, Vergil, Eva, Nero, Lady, Lucia... And no Sparda. Just a game based on the Divine Comedy.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
something tells me Dmc will have different traits. No Trish, Vergil, Eva, Nero, Lady, Lucia... And no Sparda. Just a game based on the Divine Comedy.
I don't think so. I got a feeling they will use the existing characters from DMC to make DmC characters. Lucia being a popular target.

ReRave

smug jerk
Dante's Inferno is based of the Comedia Divina. DMC is borrowing names. Theres a huge difference between that.

Ana

I don't think so. I got a feeling they will use the existing characters from DMC to make DmC characters. Lucia being a popular target.

But if it's all "In Name Only," then "Lucia" can also be from the Divine Comedy. Limbo is certainly a concept from there. (If I remember correctly, it's the place next to hell/kind of on the outskirts of hell, where people who never picked a side went.)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
But if it's all "In Name Only," then "Lucia" can also be from the Divine Comedy. Limbo is certainly a concept from there. (If I remember correctly, it's the place next to hell/kind of on the outskirts of hell, where people who never picked a side went.)
I am thinking they will probably give Lucia red hair because of NT liking red haired girls.

Top Bottom