• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

chocolatepanda

Well angels were not introduced until DMC4 and even than their not real angels so we don't know how angels would act in DMC.

We also dont know how they will be in DmC since the only time the word angel or angelic is used is when they talk about about Dantes powers. So its possible that they are completely different entities.

chocolatepanda

Except there are no 7 deadly sins in the bible - as far as I know, it's something the Catholics created. So really, there must be even less that DMC has pulled from the bible once we exclude the sins.

Thanks 4 correcting me :)

According this article angels will not be the "good, holy" creatures they normally are in Judaism and Christianity. Which I feel is wrong personally but I won't get into that.

I actually expected them to be that way also the way i see it is that some angels will be good and some will be bad the same thing will probably apply to demons too.

Gbraga

I actually expected them to be that way also the way i see it is that some angels will be good and some will be bad the same thing will probably apply to demons too.
Seems legit, would be pretty accurate with the quotes from the very first trailer back when they announced the game

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Thanks 4 correcting me :)
Oops - sorry! Wasn't trying to correct you - it seems fairly widespread belief that the 7 deadly sins originated in the bible when in fact they don't exist, so I thought it might help the discussion to eliminate that option :)

chocolatepanda

Oops - sorry! Wasn't trying to correct you - it seems fairly widespread belief that the 7 deadly sins originated in the bible when in fact they don't exist, so I thought it might help the discussion to eliminate that option :)

Its not a problem i was just assuming i like that someone actually knew where they came from.:)

Railazel

Some on this forum once told me before that not all demons are fallen angels because i said something similar to what you just said about them being the same thing.

Yeah, I said that.

Now, to clear up this little confusion, Angels and Demons are not the same. There are fallen angels that people have thought to be demons, but that isn't true because Satan is the only fallen angel in the Bible to have enough freedom to move about the world, the rest are pretty much stuck in Hell. Naturally, there are other theories such as Demons being the dead souls of Nephilim or the angered souls of the dead, but in any case Demons are just evil spirits which makes them different from angels who aren't spirits but pure heavenly beings.

To illustrate the difference, angels actually have descriptions in the Bible, but there are no descriptions of demons in the Bible. Instead, you only hear of them when they are possessing someone.

On the issue of DmC's angels being less moral, I only wonder what God, if there's one in the game, would be like? Is he less moral as well?

ZeroLove

Yeah, I said that.

Now, to clear up this little confusion, Angels and Demons are not the same. There are fallen angels that people have thought to be demons, but that isn't true because Satan is the only fallen angel in the Bible to have enough freedom to move about the world, the rest are pretty much stuck in Hell. Naturally, there are other theories such as Demons being the dead souls of Nephilim or the angered souls of the dead, but in any case Demons are just evil spirits which makes them different from angels who aren't spirits but pure heavenly beings.

To illustrate the difference, angels actually have descriptions in the Bible, but there are no descriptions of demons in the Bible. Instead, you only hear of them when they are possessing someone.

On the issue of DmC's angels being less moral, I only wonder what God, if there's one in the game, would be like? Is he less moral as well?

You say Satan, but it was actually Lucifer who was the fallen angel. Did Lucifer become Satan or are they two different "people", I can't quite remember.

Railazel

both Lucifer and Satan are used as names for the Devil in Christian mythology.

Actually, that's wrong. Lucifer means "morning star" and it was used to refer to the Babylonian King if I recall, though it was used in other areas of the Bible. People just used that name to refer to Satan out of a personal belief that became common. Thus, Satan's angelic name is never really known, in fact it can be said that he doesn't have one. The name Satan is actually a title meaning "accuser" which refers to Satan's tricking humans into sin, or accusing them of some fault or wrong- doing, which causes God to have to punish them or test them to prove him wrong (as in the case of the Book of Job).

OniLink

Hero of Time
what is the big deal. they are trying their best. it is not for their satisfaction, it's for yours. you all know you would still be ****ed if it was the same continuning the same dried out story. stop giving this reimage hate and just accept it. game devlopers are not your parents you cant just sit on the floor throwing a tantrum and expect to drop everything for you play first then cry hate if you truly dont like it. i personally think this is a good thing

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
what is the big deal. they are trying their best. it is not for their satisfaction, it's for yours. you all know you would still be ****ed if it was the same continuning the same dried out story. stop giving this reimage hate and just accept it. game devlopers are not your parents you cant just sit on the floor throwing a tantrum and expect to drop everything for you play first then cry hate if you truly dont like it. i personally think this is a good thing

Whoa. Do my eyes decieve me when I read your post?:blink: *gives you a high five*

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I agree. and this should be NT Dante's theme.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
The big deal is that there are people among DmC supporters who are still blind to the truth.
DmC supporters use the argument "Fans want the same old crap" - bullshit. Fans want the same old great gameplay but polished, and a new story (If that's possible). I've said this over 5 times now (That's how much ignorance i have met among certain DmC supporters).

DMC fans who don't like DmC accept the game. What we don't accept is a douchebag named Tameem telling us that Dante is not cool. And another thing DmC supporters are blind to accept, they want NT's Dante to be perceived as DMC Dante.

Open your eyes and look around you - people hate NT's Dante because he's a poser of DMC Dante. On top of that the creator Tameem tells us that DMC Dante who they have copied ideas from is not cool.

I accept DmC. I find DMC series doomed because Hideki left Capcom.
But i won't accept a piece of trash's opinion as fact, and neither will i accept your or anyone else opinion.

If you liked DMC for it's gameplay - that's fair. But don't go into "character" terroritory of DMC and say "Well NT's Dante is cooler if you ask me" - if you don't like DMC Dante, the one and the only, and the source - then you better hold your tongue. Because opinion is not fact, and if you didn't like DMC Dante from the beginning to the extent that he was important to see in the game, then you really don't got much to say in the matter. And quite honestly if DmC's gameplay isn't smooth everyone will leave it to die.
Some would

I've been called narrowminded, ignorant, sensitive, and much more because i dislike things around DmC controversy.

I am not blind to the things around me, one of them is that DmC is going to happen. I just hope that it fails because a moron who don't know crap about wht "cool" is shouldn't succeed with his idiot self centered mind (TAmeem is person i am speaking of). And i rather like a character for what he/she is than what people want him to be.

ReRave

smug jerk
The big deal is that there are people among DmC supporters who are still blind to the truth.
DmC supporters use the argument "Fans want the same old crap" - bullshit. Fans want the same old great gameplay but polished, and a new story (If that's possible). I've said this over 5 times now (That's how much ignorance i have met among certain DmC supporters).
Not once.

DMC fans who don't like DmC accept the game. What we don't accept is a douchebag named Tameem telling us that Dante is not cool. And another thing DmC supporters are blind to accept, they want NT's Dante to be perceived as DMC Dante.
I perceive NT Dante as what it is: NT's Dante, who imo is fa superior.

Open your eyes and look around you - people hate NT's Dante because he's a poser of DMC Dante. On top of that the creator Tameem tells us that DMC Dante who they have copied ideas from is not cool.
"Copied ideas from", "Poser of DMC Dante", that's called: Damage control. If you're changing a character radically, keep it familiar in some ways. Who could have predicted this huge pile of bullshit and rage flying around?

I accept DmC. I find DMC series doomed because Hideki left Capcom.
But i won't accept a piece of trash's opinion as fact, and neither will i accept your or anyone else opinion.
Then don't post on forums. The world is teeming with opinions everywhere, get over it.

If you liked DMC for it's gameplay - that's fair. But don't go into "character" terroritory of DMC and say "Well NT's Dante is cooler if you ask me" - if you don't like DMC Dante, the one and the only, and the source - then you better hold your tongue.
Stop telling everyone to stop stating their opinion. You're not in the position for that.
I liked DMC gameplay, I hated Dante. I'll say it over and over again.

Because opinion is not fact, and if you didn't like DMC Dante from the beginning to the extent that he was important to see in the game, then you really don't got much to say in the matter. And quite honestly if DmC's gameplay isn't smooth everyone will leave it to die.
For whatever reason? If he doesn't like something, he might damn well say so. Where are you from, if I may ask? Not tryong to insult you (at least not that obviously), but judging by your take on public statement of opinions you're either from China, Russia or North Korea.

I've been called narrowminded, ignorant, sensitive, and much more because i dislike things around DmC controversy.
Oh wait, you're still wondering why that is...?

I am not blind to the things around me, one of them is that DmC is going to happen. I just hope that it fails because a moron who don't know crap about wht "cool" is shouldn't succeed with his idiot self centered mind (TAmeem is person i am speaking of).

I'm sorry, but stop pretending you're not "hating on the game", as some call it. You're the worst hypocrite ever, spouting off "please don't talk **** about old Dante", but in the same post you're going ballistic on Antoniades and NT's creation. That's not doing much for your credibility.

And i rather like a character for what he/she is than what people want him to be.
What IS Dante? Is there a constant Dante? I'm not alone in saying, that there are 3 kinds of Dante: Dante 1, Dante 2 and Dante3/4.

Edit: Didn't edit anything out, just clearing some typos.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Not once.

I perceive NT Dante as what it is: NT's Dante, who imo is fa superior.
That's your opinion, and it only proves that your one of DMC fans who liked gameplay but don't care about it's character. But NT Dante being in your taste - you suddenly started to care though. That's fine, but your opinion is not a fact.

"Copied ideas from", "Poser of DMC Dante", that's called: Damage control. If you're changing a character radically, keep it familiar in some ways. Who could have predicted this huge pile of bullshit and rage flying around? So because you like NT Dante and others like the DMC Dante - it automatically means everyone elses opinion is bullshit? They never changed anything, they just made a version of Dante.

Then don't post on forums. The world is teeming with opinions everywhere, get over it.
Just expressing that i don't have to accept other people's opinion. If you got a problem with this, then you can stop posting on forums.

Stop telling everyone to stop stating their opinion. You're not in the position for that.
I liked DMC gameplay, I hated Dante. I'll say it over and over again.
You hated Dante but loved the gameplay. You have right to state your opinion about Dante, but your not a Dante fan. Your a fan of DMC in a gameplay perspective. So i am saying why say "NT's Dante is cooler than DMC Dante" or "DMC Dante looks like a drag queen" when your not a fan? Why the need to put the two characters up against eachother as if it's a competition? Answer is simple: It's your interest to be a fan of NT's Dante, and because of that you don't mind trash talking or seeing a character like DMC Dante die out. Do you want me to make a thread where the title is "X other characters who's 10 times more cooler than NT's Dante"? You may think when seeing that title "This guy is stupid, and he's a Dante fanboy", and then what are you? A NT fanboy who keeps vouching for NT Dante and going on a "NT Dante>DMC Dante" rage?

For whatever reason? If he doesn't like something, he might damn well say so. Where are you from, if I may ask? Not tryong to insult you (at least not that obviously), but judging by your take on public statement of opinions you're either from China, Russia or North Korea.
I'm not from any of the countries you mentioned. Anyone can state their opinions about any character. Tameem said DMC Dante is not cool, and that their Dante is. This is imposing his own belief on fans. And i simply pointing out that's why many people are hating on DmC.

Oh wait, you're still wondering why that is...?
Still want to start arguments i see...i thought you have learned.

I'm sorry, but stop pretending you're not "hating on the game", as some call it. You're the worst hypocrite ever, spouting off "please don't talk **** about old Dante", but in the same post you're going ballistic on Antoniades and NT's creation. That's not doing much for your credibility.
I am not cloaking my dislike. I've said many times i hope it fails.
I dislike DmC for many reasons i won't elaborate to you because your someone i can't stand, and if i can't stand you why would i bother to enlight you? But i will say this if DmC was a new game with same gameplay as DMC and a completely new story and character, i would say "Cool". IF NT's character in DmC that's called "Dante" was a new character and his name was "John", i would say "that's ok". But someone as narrowminded as you don't even know this, because you already think you know it all.

What IS Dante? Is there a constant Dante? I'm not alone in saying, that there are 3 kinds of Dante: Dante 1, Dante 2 and Dante3/4.
This is Dante. The rest are just copies of him:
DMC1_Dante.jpg

Edit: Didn't edit anything out, just clearing some typos.
And even though i am a DmC hater i try to behave nice because there are actually DmC supporters who have tried to be cool with me, and i respect that.

Top Bottom