• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sequel

AlchemistFromEden

Well H&S differentiate themselves from regular action games by having very technical fighting systems, just like fighting games (+60 fps + 1 frame links/moves + advanced combo system). You find a lot of fans of H&S who also play fighting games (including myself), and many were happy when both Dante and Vergil were put into MvC3. Dante and Vergil's movesets both transferred well over to MvC3.. I'd actually like to see one of Capcom's fighting game teams take on DMC, might give us a fresh take on the series..
using that logic that means that the team at nintendo that makes brawl can make ANY nintendo game -_- it doesn't work that way, just because you know how to make one type of game doesn't mean you can make a game with similar things, 60fps means what? cod runs at 60fps does that mean that they can make any H+S game,
-level design
-story
-enemy design
-multiple enemies at one time fighting the player on screen at once
-framerate stability
-art style
btw, who said that they weren't busy? -_- are you that desperate to discredit the very talented and TOLERANT developers at NT, oh wait, tameem got fed up, so obviously no one else at NT is tolerate right?

Dominus

using that logic that means that the team at nintendo that makes brawl can make ANY nintendo game -_- it doesn't work that way, just because you know how to make one type of game doesn't mean you can make a game with similar things
I'm not saying ANY game I'm saying a H&S game. Look at Team Ninja they developed the DOA fighting games and they created two of the best H&S games (NG1 and NG2). Case and point.
60fps means what? cod runs at 60fps does that mean that they can make any H+S game,
-framerate stability
Yah clearly fighting games don't aim for framerate stability. And the reason I cited 60 fps was because fighting games aim for little input lag, and one-frame links in combos in addition to fluidity so that your combo timing won't be messed up by a framerate hiccup.
-level design
-story
-enemy design
-art style
MvC3 kept a pretty comic art style that looks a ton better than most games out there so I think they are fine in that department. But you are acting like the teams that work on fighting games are incapable of handling basic level design, stories, and enemy design, etc or assuming that the director and the team members haven't worked on any other game types. If you have the fundamentals of making a decently deep fighting game I'm sure you can balance combat around multiple enemies (and seeing all DMCs really lack good A.I).. But I guess fighting game AI does suffer from knowing you inputs (probably why NG AI feels so cheap).
btw, who said that they weren't busy?
The director of UMvC3 has been rather ho-hum as of late about if he has a next project lined up as of late, but in all honesty I don't know.
-_- are you that desperate to discredit the very talented and TOLERANT developers at NT, oh wait, tameem got fed up, so obviously no one else at NT is tolerate right?
You sure like to jump to conclusions.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Well H&S differentiate themselves from regular action games by having very technical fighting systems, just like fighting games (+60 fps + 1 frame links/moves + advanced combo system). You find a lot of fans of H&S who also play fighting games (including myself), and many were happy when both Dante and Vergil were put into MvC3. Dante and Vergil's movesets both transferred well over to MvC3.. I'd actually like to see one of Capcom's fighting game teams take on DMC, might give us a fresh take on the series..
Haven't you seen the fans lately? DMC fans hate fresh takes on the series, they just want Dante going to a random island to stop someone from opening the gate to hell for the millionth time

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
They also want more questions that have no answers, rehashed/badly derived plotlines from decent to mediocore animes, and Final Fantasy pretty boys that have no place in the gothic and dark setting.

Did we mention having Dante guest star in Bleach?

debbloee

Maybe i think Capcom will do a follow up survey to all DMC fanboy and also everyone who bought DmC, and let people decide what will gonna be DMC or DmC come to us later, I think Capcom will make the best for the sequel :)

crush

They also want more questions that have no answers, rehashed/badly derived plotlines from decent to mediocore animes, and Final Fantasy pretty boys that have no place in the gothic and dark setting.

Bet that's Aizen's kyouka-suigetsu. Everything in the galaxy is his fault.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Let Ninja Theory make DmC sequel and make some deal with Platinum Games to continue original series. I know that how it sounds but i can always dream.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Here's a thought; have someone OTHER than P* be considered for DMC classics continuiation. We'be probably end up with another reboot so that Kamiya can ignore what Itsuno and Kobayashi added to the franchise, and probably resume Kamiya's original plan of "sequel is about Dante's son fighting Mundus...again."

But that's what most self-claims "true fans" want. yet another rehash.

Goldsickle

The scores and reviews for the game were positive, so that could indicate the possibikity of a sequel. On the other hand, the sales for the game were well below the target, and that's a very big negative when a company decides to carry on with a game.
Unfortunately, it's always about the sales.

There are a lot of games with good reviews and even won awards but never got sequels/didn't continue because of poor sales.
For example, Shenmue and Beyond Good & Evil.

I'd like to see more Siren games but what to do, sales comes first in this industry.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Here's a thought; have someone OTHER than P* be considered for DMC classics continuiation. We'be probably end up with another reboot so that Kamiya can ignore what Itsuno and Kobayashi added to the franchise, and probably resume Kamiya's original plan of "sequel is about Dante's son fighting Mundus...again."

But that's what most self-claims "true fans" want. yet another rehash.
Ninja Team maybe? Right now i can think of any other still functioning who have made good hack and slash. Unless this time Capcom decides to go with dmc into different genre or mixing with other genre.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Ninja Team maybe? Right now i can think of any other still functioning who have made good hack and slash.
Team Ninja? Yeah, I could see it working. They did a fantastic job on the gameplay end of Other M despite Sakamoto's retarded demands and temper tantrums of threatening to shut down everything if he didn't get his micromanaged way on everything. Would be interesting to see them tackle DMC.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
However thinks a P* made DMC would be their dreamed DMC5 is absolutely CUHRAYZEE, they would have Kamiya continue his take on the story with a non-troll Dante with actual character...and people would hate that.

Oh snap!...beaten

Also. Sales not always determine the fate of a series, look at Megaman Starforce for example, it managed to create a fanbase (Mostly thanks to Sonia xD) and the game spawned a trilogy

D H

Or they could, you know, outsource the script writing like Ninja Theory did to great effect for Heavenly Sword and Enslaved (or so I'm told... never did get all the praise those two stories got).

And exactly where are all these "Final Fantasy pretty boys" in Devil May Cry? I wouldn't call Credo, Sanctus, Arkham, Agnus, DMC 1/2/4 Dante (you have a good argument for calling DMC 3 Dante a pretty boy), or Nero pretty boys. The fact that Dante's choice of clothing became terrible after Devil May Cry 2 is besides the point. I mean, would you really compare this:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/DMC1_Dante.jpg
http://news.tgn.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/844178devil_may_cry_2_-_dante_-_1600x12002.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120624040550/devilmaycry/images/6/63/Dante_4.png

to this:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/299/a/e/cecil_dissidia012_by_ashleygunville-d31la5p.png
http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/DFF_Kuja.png
http://www.nowgamer.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/305168.jpg
http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/196275/1128660038_67.jpg?=123
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o196/rebel_skywalker/Yazoo.jpg
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15800000/Hope-final-fantasy-xiii-15876319-640-360.jpg

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Oh, I would very well call Nero and Credo Pretty boys, and Nero especially so since he was designed under the idea of appealing to a female gamer. You know, as admitted by Kobayashi after release.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
using that logic that means that the team at nintendo that makes brawl can make ANY nintendo game -_- it doesn't work that way, just because you know how to make one type of game doesn't mean you can make a game with similar things, 60fps means what? cod runs at 60fps does that mean that they can make any H+S game,
-level design
-story
-enemy design
-framerate stability
-art style
btw, who said that they weren't busy? -_- are you that desperate to discredit the very talented and TOLERANT developers at NT, oh wait, tameem got fed up, so obviously no one else at NT is tolerate right?

Wait but before working on DMC didn't Itsuno and his team before worked on fighting games.

250px-Rival_Schools_cover.jpg
255px-Plasma_sword.jpg
Capcom_vs_SNK_flyer.jpg

Also the director of MvC3 worked on a few Monster Hunter titles (I think)....so as for art and enemies there you go.

scionicspectre

It would be Ninja Theory's first sequel, though. Well, and I guess it's also the first time they've gotten in on another franchise, so who knows?

Top Bottom