• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC REVIEW! Adam Sessler Reviews

ChaserTech

At this point you guys may not care about reviews anymore but this one particularly caught my attention.
Mainly for some of the critiques he has for this game. And I'll be honest, I kinda agree with most, if not all, of the points he makes within this video.

I didn't like how 'vocal' Dante was. There were times when I watched the DmC livestream I kinda wish Dante wouldn't talk so much, especially with being vulgar constantly. I know it's NT's way of telling the DmC story since it's a narrative one, but there are times when I just don't understand why some of the jokes were said (mainly one particular scene where Dante and Vergil have a certain particular dialogue). I also agree that some of the scenes in the game were extremely crude.
And I know, it's an 'M' rated game. But for a "Devil May Cry" game, I thought some parts were just completely unnecessary and should have been left out or changed altogether.

I don't like how enemies force you to use certain way. It gives a false sense of difficulty, forcing you to use weapons rather than letting you "play how you want to play". For a DmC game that "evolves" gameplay, it did a poor job in that department.

Now I slightly disagree with him about the environments a bit. I did like some of what was shown in the game. However Lilith's Club area was....way too harsh on my eyes. It's hard to see things whenever Dante is fighting against demons as well. But 'Under Watch' was one of my favorite areas since it was fairly vibrant but not too much where Dante almost blended with the background. And honestly, it's my only favorite. Some environments are also dark and muddy with how the game progressed. Even still, some concepts were fairly decent and interesting

Feel free to input your thoughts as well. I know you guys are probably tired of my constant criticisms but DmC just doesn't appeal to me as of now. And yes, I've seen the story as well. All of it.
I will probably change my mind if I see impressive advanced gameplay that alters my interest for the combat system.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Same here. I pretty much agree with almost everything except the story part. I would have preferred it if he had used a 10 point rating system since a 3/5 stars doesn't necessarily translate into a 6/10.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
That's a good review. He really did go in-depth to the game but i also don't agree with the story part.

Still waiting if Angryjoe would review the game. Hopefully, he will.

MedicoreR

A terrible review. Just trying to take some attention.
Calling the game STORY is INSIPID is just stupid.
The is the top level story what a DEVIL MAY CRY material can ever get.
He talks about dialogs like 5 minitues, but doesnt even mention to the deepness of characters and animations.
Doesnt even talk about content, stages, enemies etc..
He doesnt talk about the music, too.
To him dialogs are bad, so **** this game.

If you like this review, you just wanted to see someone agrees with your ''im not buying the game'' stubbornness
Thats all..

TyIquan_DmC

I like Adam Sessler, and I like his review. I don't necessarily agree, but hey.

I honestly don't think Dante was as bad as he made him out to be, because in the cutscenes he wasn't bad at all. I watched an hour and a half of cutscenes straight, and he's not a bad character with bad dialogue. It had to have been his dialogue during gameplay(against the demons) that he wasn't fond of.

GF9000000Returns

Two things I don't like about the review is, of course, how he calls the story and how he made a big deal out of writing. Doesn't he know that this is Dante at a young age, so of course he'll swear and some conversation parts seem good to me, so I don't know what's the deal to him by saying "it's embarrassing."

Other than that, this review was alright.

Soupie

Two things I don't like about the review is, of course, how he calls the story and how he made a big deal out of writing. Doesn't he know that this is Dante at a young age, so of course he'll swear and some conversation parts seem good to me, so I don't know what's the deal to him by saying "it's embarrassing."

Other than that, this review was alright.
I think he meant that some of the lines and swearing were kind of out of tone and unnecessary. While it's my opinion that the writing is far from an 'embarassment' per se, I'll agree with him there.

GF9000000Returns

I think he meant that some of the lines and swearing were kind of out of tone and unnecessary. While it's my opinion that the writing is far from an 'embarassment' per se, I'll agree with him there.

Tch! This generation is so soft. I bet if GTAV comes out, it'd be bashed for having a bunch of derogatory language too.

KaizenShio

I agree with adam on a lot of points and he is A OG reviewer very insightful and a awesome person to talk to, but like the rest of us he is human. He did give Dmc 2 a 4/5 maybe he had a love for the game for another reason. i really think his taste in gaming has been refined to a point. honestly I kinda wish adam do not review slashers i feel like those type of games sully his soul Lmao...... but seriously very VERY valid points articulated well

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I like this review. I'm glad he didn't make any comparisons to the previous games either. I'm wondering what he means by, playing the game by himself and not infront of people? There are lots of M rated games that you shouldn't play in front of kids, but thats about it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I agree with adam on a lot of points and he is A OG reviewer very insightful and a awesome person to talk to, but like the rest of us he is human. He did give Dmc 2 a 4/5 maybe he had a love for the game for another reason. i really think his taste in gaming has been refined to a point. honestly I kinda wish adam do not review slashers i feel like those type of games sully his soul Lmao...... but seriously very VERY valid points articulated well
I saw that review for DMC2 lol wtf was he thinking.

but honestly, i thought DMC2 was very good when it came out. I wasn't very good at hack and slash and the game brought (in theory) a lot to the table. It was forgettable after DMC3 though

berto

I Saw the Devil
Damn, I posted this somewhere else not long ago... I wish this thing wasn't in the middle of the page.

Anyway, I'm glad Sessler said it. I've been trying to argue the same points but in a less articulate manner.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Damn, I posted this somewhere else not long ago... I wish this thing wasn't in the middle of the page.

Anyway, I'm glad Sessler said it. I've been trying to argue the same points but in a less articulate manner.
Are u talking about the dialog for the game? because sometimes DmC does make me cringe like the other games have. And its not like its a bad thing because when DmC has its more serious moments, i hang on every word they say, especially Vergil.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
It is a valid review and I agree with some of the cons he pointed out but in the end I think his review was a bit too harsh (especially coming from someone who gave DMC2 a 4/5) Also, how old is Adam now:troll:
The combat is more accessible to new comers (which was one of the core goals), the story is pretty good and actually has some wight, especially compared to DMC4. All in all, I think I think Adam isn't the kinda gamer this game is targeted to and it's kinda sad in a way but despite what any review says, this game is a 10 in my book.

My Book
  • DMC- 10/10
  • DMC2- 5/10
  • DMC3- 10/10
  • DMC4- 8.5/10
  • DmC- 10/10

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Basically thats the score I would have settled at but basically 7-7.5, Gameplay is flexible but its restricted because like Chaser said, it forces you to use that weapon no choice in the matter rather then you going crazy with what weapon floats your boat. Being restricted a little bit is fine, but being totally restricted to one weapon to defeat a certain enemy sort of it kills the flow of a game.

Least its fair.

ChaserTech

A terrible review. Just trying to take some attention.
Calling the game STORY is INSIPID is just stupid.
The is the top level story what a DEVIL MAY CRY material can ever get.
He talks about dialogs like 5 minitues, but doesnt even mention to the deepness of characters and animations.
Doesnt even talk about content, stages, enemies etc..
He doesnt talk about the music, too.
To him dialogs are bad, so **** this game.

If you like this review, you just wanted to see someone agrees with your ''im not buying the game'' stubbornness
Thats all..

4347517%2B_167d6f388e41b8622f90ee4c39f528d8.jpg

Chill bro. It's just a review.
It's not the end of the world. If you don't like it, then that's fine. But you don't need to insult other people just because they agree with this review.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Are u talking about the dialog for the game? because sometimes DmC does make me cringe like the other games have. And its not like its a bad thing because when DmC has its more serious moments, i hang on every word they say, especially Vergil.
Dialougue, story, and Dante.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
Basically that's the score I would have settled at but basically 7-7.5, Gameplay is flexible but its restricted because like Chaser said, it forces you to use that weapon no choice in the matter rather then you going crazy with what weapon floats your boat. Being restricted a little bit is fine, but being totally restricted to one weapon to defeat a certain enemy sort of it kills the flow of a game.

Least its fair.
I don't think being asked to use one weapon type to defeat a specific foe ruins the "flow of the game". I think it actually adds to the difficulty. Saying that this difficulty is artificial is like saying being able to use all the weapons at any time is too easy. Also, In enemy waves, we're given at most, two color coded enemies along with normal ones so keeping you're style up is no problem, even if you are only using one of the two (yes, there are two demon weapons and two angel weapons by halfway through the game) specific weapons required. That's what I think any way.

It would be like playing DMC3, where you can only use two weapons at a time, or DMC4 as Nero with Yamato and Red Queen. or even having to shoot the Hell Wrath in DMC3.

Top Bottom