• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Prequel series

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To breath new life into the crumbling Devil may cry franchise I suggest they do a animated/live action series that takes place in Dante's and Vergil's teenage years from ages 15-20 and would give information on their backgrounds

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
15-20, we already know of. DMC3 was them as teens. Vergil died at the age of 18.

Sorry for bursting your bubble. Wasn't trying to sound assholeish, I'm just pointing out the facts.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC3 was them at 19-20 since it was about 10 years after their mother's death so there is ten years of unanswered questions like how Dante and Vergil became the way they are i mean they weren't just born that way now were they as well how they learned how to fight and use guns or swords etc.
I mean it is a ripe field for storytelling and besides DMC3 dante was the most interesting of them all.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I don't believe he died but i agree, they should make a anime like that.

EDIT: I'm sorry if i bumped the topic :(

Lol a one year later brave Eric revives the glorious dead thread.
xDDDDDDDD
Don't feed me I'm trolling.
And yes they should make an anime nothing more, maybe a novel rather than anime.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I like to revive stuff, like myself.
I think we need a good anime with a a main plot, not exactly like the old anime but like have most of it focus on one plot while in some episodes have it go off and have a different plot for a certain number of episodes while still retaining the plot of the anime as a whole.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
if u wanna kno abt their lives then i suggest u read DMC3 the manga cause it takes place before DMC3 and it has some novels to back the story up as messed up as it is.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Sylvanas- I think as a prequel the light novel that came out with DMC1 is better because it did explain alot about dante's past that i didnt know before while the prequel to 3 manga didnt really that. Only new thing i learned was that they were raised seperately .

@eric- i envisioned the show to be seasonal so its between 13-22 episodes a season where most episodes are stand alone but some tie into the main arc more than others. Its more like an american cartoon such as young justice, spec spiderman or generator rex which had better pacing and development than most shonens.

Railazel

I personally believe for it not to be an animated series but a game like all the others. Animated series don't actually cut it for game franchises considering that both don't draw the same crowds and some people would watch an animated series without even knowing where it came from. For example, I didn't know Naruto was a manga until I went to the library and noticed a book for it, and that was after a year of watching the show.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I'm cool with either but i rather this particular project be an anime since it would be easier to do as an anime than Dante' later years.
Plus adaptations work best when they dont try to repeat the storyline of the original and are set in periods that arent explained in the original
That way both segments have a stake in watching it. I also think an anime is more freeing as i have more room to maneuver in setting up plots where a game has to be more strict with its time.

That problem would have been easily solved if you just googled/wiki'ed it.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
There is absolutly no reason why they shouldnt make one! Its a great idea, and it would give us something to look forward to watching.(White haired Dante FTW!), and a lot of fans want to see vergil again,(you cant spell funeral without spelling fun!) Its a brillient idea.

Top Bottom