• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC official comics released: detailing Vergil's story

Jane Sweetbee

b4ab8644ebf81a4c684e8226d72a6059242da67d.jpg

The official comics of DmC, detailing Vergil's life before the story of DmC, will be released on January 16th, 2013. It is a story about Vergil and Kat.

Alors que la sortie de DmC Devil May Cry est calée depuis quelques semaines, Capcom annonce aujourd'hui que le jeu sera adapté en Bandes Dessinées aux éditions Glénat. Les Chroniques de Vergil sortira le 16 janvier prochain, juste un jour après le jeu vidéo. Son histoire se déroule quelques mois avant DmC, et vous y retrouverez les protagonistes du jeu, Vergil, Kat et Dante.

While DmC Devil May Cry will be released in a few weeks, Capcom announced today that the game will be adapted to Comics Glénat. Vergil Chronicles released on January 16, just a day after the video game. His story takes place a few months before DmC, and you will find the protagonists of the game, Vergil, Dante and Kat.

The graphic novel entitled "The Chronicles of Vergil" recount the adventures of Dante's brother a few months before the events of the game It therefore find Vergil when he recruits medium Kat to help free his brother Dante who is detained in prison Hellfire.

Written by William Dorison and illustrated by Patrick Pion, the album will contain 48 pages and will be priced at € 13.90. It will be distributed by Glénat and released a day after DmC Devil May Cry, ie 16 January 2013.

source: http://www.xboxfrance.com/news-360-dmc-devil-may-cry-aura-droit-a-sa-bd.html
http://www.jeuxvideo24.com/news--une-bande-dessinee-pour-dmc-devil-may-cry_36563.html (pictures released)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
So it's basically a comic? Hope there would be a scanlation group that would translate it. The official release of the english will probably be longer.

Domenic93

going on capcom's supplementary material for devil may cry in the past which included the manga and the American comic which both got canceled, this isn't going to go far and will probably be made non cannon by the dlc,

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hope it doesn't follow the randomness of the DMC3 manga
i second this.
This is fantastic! I was wanting them to release a DmC comic and they actually are! And the cover art looks amazing!
as a comic reader i second this.
going on capcom's supplementary material for devil may cry in the past which included the manga and the American comic which both got canceled, this isn't going to go far and will probably be made non cannon by the dlc,
but they did have novels and the anime that were succesful so this might have a shot. Plus this has more of a shot since its a one and done graphic novel. And the dlc takes place after the game.
How do u tell if it's too soon for a comic or not?
sometimes its too soon if the character hasn't had a chance to grow on people and warrant a series. For example, DC comics announced a Vibe series before his debut in the upcoming Justice league series so he hasn't had the chance to grow on people and warrant his own spinoff series.

i wouldn't say this is late or early as its just good business to capitalize on vergil as he seems to be a breakout character for both DMCs

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Since the comic is a prequel, shouldn't it be released before the game itself is released rather than after?
i think it would work better if it was released after so you play the game, then read the book, then when you go back to play the game again you notice stuff you didn't see on your first play and its cool because you understand what it means now

Top Bottom