• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc multiplayer?

rhys423

wannabe
DarkSlayer.;89763 said:
yes i know that but u weren't criticing u were mocking... and yes i mocked you back... anywayz it's a new day so^_^...

i hadnt mocked or critisised anyone
as you said new day

evilweevle

an online multiplayer may work as obviously it would avoid any of the camera issues that were there in DMC3, they would then need to add in a lot more enemies though, so they would need a very meaty engine running the game, and in a game like DMC where split second timing is required for a lot of stuff, even the slightest lag would cripple the game horribly, (anyone whos had slowdown in the forest section on DMC4 will know how much it throws you off)

so as much as id like to see it happen i honestly cant see that it would really add all that much to the experience, certainly not enough to warrant capcom spending a lot of time and money getting it to work to a half decent standard.

Devilishly Zane

evilweevle;89881 said:
an online multiplayer may work as obviously it would avoid any of the camera issues that were there in DMC3, they would then need to add in a lot more enemies though, so they would need a very meaty engine running the game, and in a game like DMC where split second timing is required for a lot of stuff, even the slightest lag would cripple the game horribly, (anyone whos had slowdown in the forest section on DMC4 will know how much it throws you off)

so as much as id like to see it happen i honestly cant see that it would really add all that much to the experience, certainly not enough to warrant capcom spending a lot of time and money getting it to work to a half decent standard.

That seems to be the best solution, maybe using the characters(even enemies)as templates for a custom character. Maybe the ability to mix attacks and abilities. I agree that a monster of an engine will be required, but what if the series continues to stay as popular as it is? What if it gains popularity? That engine might not be so far-fetched.

Dergil

Welcome To Hell
they could have a kinda war thing going. demons vs demon hunters. you could customize and everything. that would be pretty cool. i dunno how it would really work tho.

evilweevle

i think that dmc multiplayer as a co op would be very difficult to pull off, what i could see working though is a versus mode, just one on one fights with all the series main characters (dante DMC1,2,3,4 varients, vergil, nero, lucia) as i think that the fights against the human(oid) characters are probably the best in the series, especially the final fight against vergil in DMC3!

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
no one could be the same character and no it wouldn't be imbalanced or online and you would only have Dante, Vergil, Nero and maybe Sparda. just something simple.

Sparda™

I'd personally would go for Versus fighting modes, which would include utilizing bosses as well. If put online, even better. But multiplayer?! No, thanks!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'm also against multiplayer. I loved DMC for what it is, and not for what it'll become. DMC4's new factors like focusing on fanservice and stylish cut-scenes already ticked me off, so something so different like multiplayer is definitely not for me.

On the other hand VS sounds nice. It was available in Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams and it worked quite well.

evilweevle

Tony_Redgrave;91274 said:
I'm also against multiplayer. I loved DMC for what it is, and not for what it'll become. DMC4's new factors like focusing on fanservice and stylish cut-scenes already ticked me off,

how have the stylish cut scenes ticked you off? if anything the cutscenes in DMC3 are better than DMC4, there arent really many action cutscenes at all in DMC4 which i was really disappointed with.

i also dont get what you mean by a fan service, if anytthing it was the complete opposite as they have made it much easier to get into than the past games to gain new fans etc.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
evilweevle;91295 said:
how have the stylish cut scenes ticked you off? if anything the cutscenes in DMC3 are better than DMC4, there arent really many action cutscenes at all in DMC4 which i was really disappointed with.

i also dont get what you mean by a fan service, if anytthing it was the complete opposite as they have made it much easier to get into than the past games to gain new fans etc.

What I meant is that they focused on stylish scenes neglecting important scenes. For example throughout DMC3 there were some cool scenes but also scenes that let us understand Dante's reasons for changing opinion about Lady etc. They balanced the important cut-scenes and the stylish cut-scenes really well. In DMC4 there's a multitude of cool cut-scenes and almost no important cut-scene which reveals some kind of information.

By fanservice I mean that instead of focusing on the girl's characters they just made them have big boobs and a few almost worthless lines. In DMC1/DMC3 Trish & Lady posses more character than just eye-candy.

Sparda™

What hit me the most during DMC4 was that Trish and Lady were just useless. Especially Lady, which appeared in two scenes only. The game overall focused on superficial stuff such as stylish fightings, and flashes and graphics.....:dry:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
DMC multiplayer?I really hope so, the onely thing DMC really needs is a good player vrs player feature. I really love to go sword to sword against other devil hunters! Customizable characters would rock too.:cool:

Definently a PVP, I can't see a co-op mode with the fixed camera
angles and stuff. The humanoid fights have alsase been my favorites, especially vrs virgil.

I really love swordfights!!!!!!!!!!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I don' want to see a co-op DMC. With the fixed camera angles and stuff, that would suck.

I would really love to see a player verses player though. Some real good swordfighting action against other good players.
I love to swordfight. A mode that was purely human vrs human
that could be either you vrs the computer or another player would
be awesome and since it would be an extra mode, like bloody
palace It wouldn't hurt the normal game.

Sword vrs sword rules!!!:lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
If there was a pvp feature, they would have to change a few things, like how
In DMC4, when you fight dante his guns stunned you and ruined your combos.

With that you could just shoot the other player in rapid fire to keep him
pinned and kill him that way, that would suck.

evilweevle

Bladesofhell;92020 said:
If there was a pvp feature, they would have to change a few things, like how
In DMC4, when you fight dante his guns stunned you and ruined your combos.

With that you could just shoot the other player in rapid fire to keep him
pinned and kill him that way, that would suck.

yea i figured they could do that, like in the very first training fight with dante, it takes sustained fire to actually stun him, so as long as you didnt take too many hits from gunfire, you could repel his shots with your own bullets, that would be nice, and vergil could do that ace spinny thing with yamato like he does in one of the cutscenes on DMC3!:D

the only prob i can see is that they would have to change the mechanics of the fighting quite a bit compared to the single player, which would really result in two totally different fighting systems.

Top Bottom