• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Hit Points

EllDawn

The Latter Day Saints part of the title had me a little worried. lol. I'm glad they didn't bring up any religious parodies that might be in the game.

Anyway, good video. I can already tell I'm going to love Aquila.

mulalleybs

I'm kinda sad, it appears that there aren't any other weapons, I dunno maybe NT asked them not to mention stuff that hasn't been spoiled yet. It just wouldn't make sense, in my mind, to show you everything you can earn at the halfway point and not have anything else to experiment with later in the game.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I'm kinda sad, it appears that there aren't any other weapons, I dunno maybe NT asked them not to mention stuff that hasn't been spoiled yet. It just wouldn't make sense, in my mind, to show you everything you can earn at the halfway point and not have anything else to experiment with later in the game.
That's how I feel I think Ninja Theory is only showing the weapons you get halfway through the game, because no one ever mentions the Kablooey and it is a confimred weapon in the game. The only weapons the media mentions obtaining is the Arbiter, the Osiris, the Eryx, and the Aquila.
And like you said there is still an entire half of game to unlock new weapons, so I have a feeling there will be at least one or two new weapons in store.

mulalleybs

That's how I feel I think Ninja Theory is only showing the weapons you get halfway through the game, because no one ever mentions the Kablooey and it is a confimred weapon in the game. The only weapons the media mentions obtaining is the Arbiter, the Osiris, the Eryx, and the Aquila.
And like you said there is still an entire half of game to unlock new weapons, so I have a feeling there will be at least one or two new weapons in store.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. If there are 3 angel and 3 demon I'd be pretty happy, wouldn't be too difficult to push the dpad 3 times in one direction or if they had alt weapons for rebellion also mapped to down. Either way, I have the game paid in full already just waiting to pick it up. =)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. If there are 3 angel and 3 demon I'd be pretty happy, wouldn't be too difficult to push the dpad 3 times in one direction or if they had alt weapons for rebellion also mapped to down. Either way, I have the game paid in full already just waiting to pick it up. =)
It would make more sense for there to be 3 Angel weapons and 3 Demon weapons as well since there are three guns and it would then total a very solid 10 weapon range.

Paexie

I was thinking about this for the longest time. It would still make sense tho, Up on the Dpad is firearms and there are three here... so why not three on the other weapon sets, too?

Unless Down scrolls the firearms as well, but it's not even mentioned in the game that you could do that so there is still a chance that it does something completely different.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I was thinking about this for the longest time. It would still make sense tho, Up on the Dpad is firearms and there are three here... so why not three on the other weapon sets, too?

Unless Down scrolls the firearms as well, but it's not even mentioned in the game that you could do that so there is still a chance that it does something completely different.
And from what we've seen you get weapons from killing bosses so what weapon do you get for killing Killing Face and that other leaked boss *SPOILER ALERT!* Tyrant?

Paexie

And from what we've seen you get weapons from killing bosses so what weapon do you get for killing Killing Face and that other leaked boss *SPOILER ALERT!* Tyrant?
Not to mention bosses don't necessarily give you weapons (I believe Hunter Demon gives you the Demon Pull ability). Killing Face might just give us another ability and not a weapon... maybe.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Not to mention bosses don't necessarily give you weapons (I believe Hunter Demon gives you the Demon Pull ability). Killing Face might just give us another ability and not a weapon... maybe.

Nope, Demon Pull is from a blue rose. It's a form of Ophion. Kablooey is from Killing face.

Paexie

Nope, Demon Pull is from a blue rose. It's a form of Ophion. Kablooey is from Killing face.
Ophion is the Angel Lift. Makes sense since Eva is an angel here.
I'm pretty damn sure Demon Pull is from Demon Hunter. EDIT: Ophion is both Demon and Angel, but I'm pretty damn sure the demon side is from Hunter Demon. Just look at the grappling hook.

Kablooey from Killing face, ah, I guess it's possible.

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
I'm pretty damn sure Demon Pull is from Demon Hunter. EDIT: Ophion is both Demon and Angel, but I'm pretty damn sure the demon side is from Hunter Demon.

Imagine Mundus giving us a Devil arm :D hmmm what could that be :shifty:

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I'm pretty damn sure Demon Pull is from Demon Hunter. EDIT: Ophion is both Demon and Angel, but I'm pretty damn sure the demon side is from Hunter Demon. Just look at the grappling hook.

If Eva only gives angel stuff explain how you get devil trigger from her.

There's a video where you get Demon Pull from that dream area with the huge statue.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

You receive Ophion from that otherworldly place, and start out with just the Angel Lift. A little bit later, you'll also receive the Demon Pull. They're both gained from that otherworldly place, not a boss :/

Looking at it, there's seven(?) bosses? And how many melee weapons? Rebellion, Osiris, and Arbiter are all acquired through gameplay and not bosses, so that's three down. Eryx is received from Poison, and Aquila from Barbas, so that's two bosses. Revenant seems to be given to Dante by someone (shown slid to him in the demo's end-mission trailer), and Kablooey...seems like it also might be given to him. I'm not sure there's enough bosses left to give out weapons.

Oh, and the Tyrant is just that fatty Tank, you're essential "early boss turned mook mid-game."

Top Bottom