• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - Everything that was shown in Captivate

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, but depending on how it's shown it could be in very bad taste. It's not the sex, it'w how it's portrayed.

Virago

Not listening.
I hope he didn't really mess up with some random women (does "hangover" implies sex). Anti-authority is one thing, but being sexually irresponsible is another thing.

"Hangover" implies sex? I wish. I was nursing a mean one today and had no action last night. :/ Also, having sex doesn't necessarily make a person "sexually irresponsible," even if it's a hookup. There are solutions you can buy, no questions asked, at the local drugstore to take care of yourself and your partner.

Gbraga

Yeah, but depending on how it's shown it could be in very bad taste. It's not the sex, it'w how it's portrayed.
And in both cases I think it's perfectly portrayed. In Dante's case we only have evidence of his night of sex (that some people didn't even got it on their first time watching the trailer), and him going out naked shows his irreverent personality. In Mundus' case, a scene showing a fat guy having sex with a Demon, that just sounds wrong, kinda disgusting even, and what better way to show the demon villain than to show him as a disgusting guy doing something that seems wrong, even though there's nothing wrong in the concept.

Tiran

The great pretender.
What is people's problem with sex? Mundus having sex is bad, Dante having sex is bad. It's just sex guys lol
Nothing's wrong with sex, we just don't need to see it. Dante was never shown having sex in the trailer, but we know he did the nasty the night before. Mundus... Well, let's just say... Yuck.

Gbraga

Nothing's wrong with sex, we just don't need to see it. Dante was never shown having sex in the trailer, but we know he did the nasty the night before. Mundus... Well, let's just say... Yuck.
As I said in the post before yours, it's part of the character. If Dante was the same Dante from the rest of the trailers and they showed a girl (or a guy) riding him in the beggining of the game, that would seem pretty awkward, irrelevant to the character, but him being a party guy who likes his menages (call us instead of call me) was well represented by the scratches, the bra, the "lipstick tattoo" and the hillarious naked Pizza-Crotch scene.

ZeroLove

lol, you guys are what the fat man in the trailer represents! XD

The game is rated Mature, so hopefully the people playing the game are mature enough to know that they should use condoms and not be sexually irresponsible. If they don't, then it's not the game's fault, Dante's fault or Ninja Theory's fault. It is people's OWN fault!

I have yet to see a game with sexual content to promote the use of condoms.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Mundus having sex with a demon reminds me of Griffith from Berserk *SPOILER* having sex with Casca against her will. I absolutely hated him for that, not because there was sex in the anime, but because of his character and his transition and i found myself in Guts shoes, really wanting to murder him with a huge sword.
As for this scene in the game, (i am still skeptical about it) if its done in a very dark and disturbing way that makes your skin crawl and make you feel uneasy about what your watching, i would love that. :shifty:

Jane Sweetbee

Mundus having sex with a demon reminds me of Griffith from Berserk *SPOILER* having sex with Casca against her will. I absolutely hated him for that, not because there was sex in the anime, but because of his character and his transition and i found myself in Guts shoes, really wanting to murder him with a huge sword.
As for this scene in the game, (i am still skeptical about it) if its done in a very dark and disturbing way that makes your skin crawl and make you feel uneasy about what your watching, i would love that. :shifty:

I just feel strange why they make Dante into this easy guy who sleeps around. "sexual deviant" means somewhat "sleep around".

ZeroLove

I just feel strange why they make Dante into this easy guy who sleeps around. "sexual deviant" means somewhat "sleep around".

Don't you think that's what the original Dante did? Sleeping around. He's surrounded by beautiful, sexy women all the time and he is half-demon, his libido must be massive (no pun intended) so I am sure he's slept around to keep it down. Either that or he's masturbating alot, all alone in his room. I prefer him being a sexual deviant then.

Jane Sweetbee

Don't you think that's what the original Dante did? Sleeping around. He's surrounded by beautiful, sexy women all the time and he is half-demon, his libido must be massive (no pun intended) so I am sure he's slept around to keep it down. Either that or he's masturbating alot, all alone in his room. I prefer him being a sexual deviant then.
original Dante is not attractive among women and he is not interested in women. Most of the time he lives alone, and most likely he has been a virgin for a long time (he is half-demon and is able to control human instinct). Since new Dante is an outcast and a no.1 terrorist, i am wondering how can he ever has a chance to hang out with women. Hope what Bob said are all nonsenses. Sex can only ruin this character. Since he is supposed to be the very original Dante, he should be "clean".

ZeroLove

original Dante is not attractive among women and he is not interested in women. Most of the time he lives alone, and most likely he has been a virgin for a long time (he is half-demon and is able to control human instinct). Since new Dante is an outcast and a no.1 terrorist, i am wondering how can he ever has a chance to hang out with women. Hope what Bob said are all nonsenses. Sex can only ruin this character.

If you can prove all these statements about the original Dante's sexlife, then I will believe you.

Jane Sweetbee

None of those games say anything about Dante's sexlife. Especially not something about him being virgin most of his life or anything like that.
not anything about he has any romantic relationship with any woman, except he misses his mom a lot

ZeroLove

not anything about he has any romantic relationship with any woman, except he misses his mom a lot

Exactly, there is nothing about it. We can only compare our own opinions and point of views. I like to think of him as being a sexual person, you don't. Neither of us is right or wrong. Except that the new Dante appears to be a sexual person which I find positive, so that's just good for me. ^^

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dante checks out girls in the past dmc's he even adjusts his pants when he's flirting with the succubus chick in dmc3. He sneaks a peak at the toad antenna chicks asses. If they were just regular demons and didn't smell bad, i bet Dante would of had his way with the two girls. He hits on Lady for the most part, up until she shoots him in the head. And now neoDante wakes up with scratches on his back with lipstick on his arm.
And if you believe Bob,the guy that says he's doing gods work, your being misled royally.

ZeroLove

Dante checks out girls in the past dmc's he even adjusts his pants when he's flirting with the succubus chick in dmc3. He sneaks a peak at the toad antenna chicks asses. If they were just regular demons and didn't smell bad, i bet Dante would of had his way with the two girls. He hits on Lady for the most part, up until she shoots him in the head. And now neoDante wakes up with scratches on his back with lipstick on his arm.

Now THERE'S some proof I can use. ^^

Jane Sweetbee

And if you believe Bob,the guy that says he's doing gods work, your being misled royally.

:/ playing chicks only...he just made fun on demons...

Top Bottom