• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - Everything that was shown in Captivate

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I was wondering why the recent news wasn't from you, Gaflima! And of course, you come in with a treasure trove of information and things we might've missed.

EDIT: Devil May Cry never had a reason to be considered Rated M to me. It always hit me as a rated T game with some blood and rare instances of swearing. DmC, over here, already rated M just from the first few seconds of the trailer.

berto

I Saw the Devil
EDIT: Devil May Cry never had a reason to be considered Rated M to me. It always hit me as a rated T game with some blood and rare instances of swearing. DmC, over here, already rated M just from the first few seconds of the trailer.
It's because they didn't skip on the blood. It's the violence that gave it the M rating. That and the occational partial nudity, mid air lesbian show, and racks sticking out of tops.

Gbraga

Why no gaming journalist bothers to watch the videos before talking about the game? A lot of the hands on were worried that thorwing the enemy up and pulling yourself again and again would be game braking because you could do that forever and "stay thousands of feet above the floor", but everyone who watched all the gameplay videos knows that this is not true, more than once we saw Dante getting to the "invisible rooftop", and what happens is that he instantly goes down with a charged punch-like move. So this won't even be a smart move for Devil Trigger, since you'll be able to pull yourself up and launch the enemy like 3 times before that happen, jump cancelling your chains will be much more effective to make Devil Trigger last longer and stay longer in the air.

Even if you want to use the grapples, you have to make smart use of it, pulling yourself down and the opponents up some times, not just launch pull launch pull

OniLink

Hero of Time
All in all, DmC is looking great and highly energetic, and maybe even more devious. I think we can all agree on this.;)

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
It's because they didn't skip on the blood. It's the violence that gave it the M rating. That and the occational partial nudity, mid air lesbian show, and racks sticking out of tops.
Have you seen JRPG's these days?
Myuria from Star Ocean: Last Hope, for example:
Myuria_SO_TLH_01.jpg

Say what you want, but that's a lot more revealing than what any girl in DMC has ever shown. Gloria only comes close and she appears in DMC 4 for like...two minutes?

And just so you know, Myuria's bounce.

I'm not attacking you, by the way! I reread this and it seems like I am. But I'm not!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i can't remember if it was on this forum or another forum where people were saying they hadn't seen the stinger move without the million stab attatched to it, but for those worried about that take a look at this:
@ 1:00

ZeroLove

i can't remember if it was on this forum or another forum where people were saying they hadn't seen the stinger move without the million stab attatched to it, but for those worried about that take a look at this:
@ 1:00

I love the way Dante swings the Rebellion.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Have you seen JRPG's these days?
Myuria from Star Ocean: Last Hope, for example:
Myuria_SO_TLH_01.jpg

Say what you want, but that's a lot more revealing than what any girl in DMC has ever shown. Gloria only comes close and she appears in DMC 4 for like...two minutes?

And just so you know, Myuria's bounce.

I'm not attacking you, by the way! I reread this and it seems like I am. But I'm not!
I'm not feeling attacked but I'm wondering what your driving at. Are you saying that there is racier material in JRPGs and yet they get less than an M rating?

Railazel

I'm not feeling attacked but I'm wondering what your driving at. Are you saying that there is racier material in JRPGs and yet they get less than an M rating?

It's not just JRPGs, it happens here too. The only way you can get an M rating in a game is if you actually show full nudity or extreme, traumatic violence.

Kammosjuttu

Thanks, Gafliman, for posting all of these~! I’m still only half-way watching and reading everything --- and I sure am having a good time checking out all this new material. I was a bit lost under the overwhelming amount of new stuff, so this thread helped me a lot. So thanks again; this is interesting! :)

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium

It's not just JRPGs, it happens here too. The only way you can get an M rating in a game is if you actually show full nudity or extreme, traumatic violence.

I seen many M rated JRPGs but they showed more mature stories than Final Fantasy. DmC have more violence from what I seen on trailers so Im not suprised that in EU game gotten 18+ rating.

Gaflima

Son of no one.
Thanks, Gafliman, for posting all of these~! I’m still only half-way watching and reading everything --- and I sure am having a good time checking out all this new material. I was a bit lost under the overwhelming amount of new stuff, so this thread helped me a lot. So thanks again; this is interesting! :)

You're Welcome :)

Top Bottom