• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC/DmC Timeline Names

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The DMC franchise is interesting as it is comprised of more than one "canonical" storyline. The DMC 1-4 and DmC games are separate from each other, they exist in individual timelines, sharing only names and themes. DMC is not the first franchise to do this, take Gundam for example. The original anime and sequels are set in the "Universal Century" timeline, whereas you also have the "Cosmic Era", "Post Disaster" and even "Build Fighters" where Gundam is just a tv show and kids compete with model Gundam in tournaments.

That said, why don't we have some fun coming up with our own names for the DMC and DmC timelines. We could even bring in the novels for added effect. It would certainly beat lame names like "Classic/Old Dante" and "New/NT Dante".

Let your imaginations run rampant. :thumbsup:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The DMC franchise is interesting as it is comprised of more than one "canonical" storyline. The DMC 1-4 and DmC games are separate from each other, they exist in individual timelines, sharing only names and themes. DMC is not the first franchise to do this, take Gundam for example. The original anime and sequels are set in the "Universal Century" timeline, whereas you also have the "Cosmic Era", "Post Disaster" and even "Build Fighters" where Gundam is just a tv show and kids compete with model Gundam in tournaments.

That said, why don't we have some fun coming up with our own names for the DMC and DmC timelines. We could even bring in the novels for added effect. It would certainly beat lame names like "Classic/Old Dante" and "New/NT Dante".

Let your imaginations run rampant. :thumbsup:

The classic could be the tale of the sword while the reboot could be the tale of the throne.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The classic could be the tale of the sword while the reboot could be the tale of the throne.
Not bad. My turn~

For DMC, I really like the "Dark Knight saga" as Sparda's influence is present in all 4 games and Dante inherited his wish to fight injustice. Also does anyone else think Dante should be called the LDK as well? He kind of earnt it defeating Mundus and everything.

With DmC it's a little harder as it only has one game which ended with room for sequels. So all I could think of was "Human Rebellion" and "Nephilim's Trial". Kinda lame but oh well.

Gray Knight

I'm for Cambion Version and Nephilim Version. Though I think people will refer to it as DMC and DmC or classic and reboot. As long as we don't pull a tomb raider (which iirc has gone through several reboots).

Top Bottom