• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry... changes?

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Now, it's been a while since the controversial title was released, and some of happened to be quite okay with what had been changed in the reboot. But, if you could do something different to this game... what would you do?
(If you're going to be negative, you are welcome, just be polite and refrain from swearing)

I loved the combat between angel/nephilim/demon modes. but after playing vergils downfall, i fell in love with the idea of having a nephilim based weapon (Rebellion/Yamato.) that could be fed angelic/demonic energy that changes the move set and strength. perhaps rebellion using angel energy is coated in ice and allows Dante to summon a blue, ghostly double of rebellion. allowing dante to dual wield swords. and feeding rebellion demon energy allows him to perform a counter attack and perform a block similar to the shield in dmc3 as well as stronger/slightly slower sword swings using fire.

EvilX-81

The enemy AI is generally god awful too, even by Devil May Cry standards. They telegraph for incredibly long periods of time, and by using the camera you can abuse the aggression system so that you can single out enemies so you can whomp on them with impunity. When God Hand did this it at least didn't give the player independant camera control with the right stick, because the designers realised how easily it could be abused if that were the case. So yes, much more aggressive, tenacious enemies with tactics that compliment eachother, and attack in numbers on par with Legendary Dark Knight difficulty in DMC4, that'd do nicely.

I should stop now, or I never will.

Actually I'm pretty sure the DMC4 scarecrow telegraph time and regular enemies were about the same; the difference being that scarecrows were so goddamn f**ked up in their design it was hard to read the moment the hit was coming or how without some study (which is how I realized there were two types of scarecrows).

Also I'm sure the camera abuse is in DMC4 too; hell it was my saving grace on DMD mode.

I think what makes the difficulty easier, now I think about it, is the health bar damage and the overall abundance of recovery orbs even on DMD mode. DMC4 I was thanking whatever gamegod decided to grace me whenever I found a green orb. Things were damn hard to come by from enemies... not too sure, but I don't think they dropped any on DMD mode come to think of it....

EllDawn

Yes, and more Kat and Vergil; especially as not everyone would have seen the Vergil comic that has more of their story in.

While we're at it, more of Phineas. He had a lot of potential, but wasn't used too much.

Also, make some members of The Order have a personailty, maybe talk a little to Dante when he first got taken to the HQ. Then I might have cared when they were all shot.
What about Vergil's adopted parents? They weren't even mentioned in anything. I would have especially liked to know what happened with them.

EvilX-81

Yes, and more Kat and Vergil; especially as not everyone would have seen the Vergil comic that has more of their story in.

While we're at it, more of Phineas. He had a lot of potential, but wasn't used too much.

Also, make some members of The Order have a personailty, maybe talk a little to Dante when he first got taken to the HQ. Then I might have cared when they were all shot.

Come to think of it, good point on the Order. We have no idea what the hell they actually do. I can only guess that they run counter propaganda, but beyond that...

I'm trying to decide whether Phineas words should've come back to haunt Dante before the fight against Vergil or if that would've made it too obvious. That scene could've been played a little better in anycase, showing some visual realization in Dante over the connection between Phineas statement about a ruler and Vergil's decision to take over.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
  • vary the weapons so demon doesnt mean heavy attacks and angel doesnt mean light attacks, it allows coloured enemies to be much more fun.
  • the level where you move though the order base to find Vergil should have been in two parts:
you meet Vergil who is about to leave alone, you convince him to go back inside to help save the other members. he hesitates but agrees, claiming if they could lead them to his secret inner chamber they could escape. the two of you fight together (like in the arkham battles) then you see Kat and the other members. here you split up, Vergil goes ahead to create a distraction for the demons so only humans reamain. then the level plays like it does in the game but with the other members chipping in the odd bit of info (some give opposite goals for Vergil and thinking hes a psychic like Kat etc) hinting at Vergils alterior motive and confusion about an exit from the inner sanctum. you remeet with Vergil who orders the members to copy and erase the data point to Dantes anger but he assures him that after the data is secure they can leave. then the two of you fight waves of enemies together for a period of time. combos etc. when its done Vergil takes the data and reveals there is no escape route out of limbo. Dante is ****ed but Vergil remains calm and explains, the order members find weapons to resist the police but Dante points out they'll be torn to bits in seconds and should surrender instead. Vergil pulls Dante to one side and tells him that if they surrender Mundus will interogate them and find out their plans. arguing follows and the police barge in, any members of the order with guns are shot down and only Kat and 2 others surrender. Dante is dragged away by Vergil who doesnt look back and leaves.
  • the mundus fight should be on a smaller scale, hes not bigger than Dante and is much faster. he has his own weapon eg a pike or spear and the fight is fought everywhere in the air, on and under ground etc.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Manyof the points I was going to make had already been stated, so I'll just add two things:
-angels should be added to the picture in a more active role (but this can be done in a sequel too)
-change Eva's voice actress, especially for Vergil's Downfall.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I loved the combat between angel/nephilim/demon modes. but after playing vergils downfall, i fell in love with the idea of having a nephilim based weapon (Rebellion/Yamato.) that could be fed angelic/demonic energy that changes the move set and strength. perhaps rebellion using angel energy is coated in ice and allows Dante to <u>summon a blue, ghostly double of rebellion. allowing dante to dual wield swords</u>. and feeding rebellion demon energy allows him to perform a counter attack and perform a block similar to the shield in dmc3 as well as stronger/slightly slower sword swings using fire.
Something like the Kitetsu Ryu Hayabusa got from Doku in NG/B/S for the Angelic Rebellion? Oh yes, I remember DMC3's RoyalGuard style moveset!

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Remember the shmup game Ikaruga? Since there are also color-coded foes, keep them, but how much damage they take will have a twist:
Normal (i.e. damage from Rebellion, guns) - Receive 75% damage
Same type of weapon (i.e. angel weapon on a blue-colored foe) - 37.5% damage
Opposing type of weapon (i.e. demon weapon on a blue-colored foe) - 150% damage

Add more normal weapons too which can hit <i>any</i> foe, normal or colored alike. So Dante won't use just the Rebellion by default. It will be assigned to the down button on the D-Pad (PS3). The down dpad button served no purpose in DmC sadly...

And I like the fact you guys want both angel and demon weapons to be more versatile rather than each specializing in one thing; I like that! This can make New Dante as versatile as the classic one.

Also, I looked at a concept art where Rebellion, much like its classic counterpart, will also have its own rain guard representing his lineage, hinting Rebellion's true form. It was not used; maybe NT would use it in the upcoming sequel? I remember Phineas told Dante upon gaining his DT saying "You got your inner devil alright. But you have yet to realize your full potential." And this saying of his is the hint.

I Make The Devils Cry

I'll agree with a lot of what has been said about Phineas. He could have been implemented and then integrated as a major part of the plot, even having further connections to Dante or Vergil (or their family) than he already did. I mean, I enjoyed the fact that they had someone like that, but there was so much that he could have been used for in the end. I do sincerely hope he makes an appearance in any upcoming games, because at the end of Vergil's Downfall and the ending by itself, it's clear they have something planned for later.
Another thing I'd like to have as part of the plot and setting is more about Sparda, one of my favourite missions is the one where you explore the mansion, but there is a lot they could do about him. Preferably a DLC rather than an individual title, but I could see a whole story coming from anything involving him, and it discussing (in finer detail) about how he came to the life with Eva and then having two sons, plus, it'd be fun playing through those final moments before he is banished, trying to defend all you've cared for before finally failing... it'd be one hell of an emotional trip if done right.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I loved the combat between angel/nephilim/demon modes. but after playing vergils downfall, i fell in love with the idea of having a nephilim based weapon (Rebellion/Yamato.) that could be fed angelic/demonic energy that changes the move set and strength. perhaps rebellion using angel energy is coated in ice and allows Dante to summon a blue, ghostly double of rebellion. allowing dante to dual wield swords. and feeding rebellion demon energy allows him to perform a counter attack and perform a block similar to the shield in dmc3 as well as stronger/slightly slower sword swings using fire.
COOOOL...wait. DMC3 has a shield? or are you referring to royal guard?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
- There should be a "Cipher" & "Tank" in the game, to add more Order characters than just Kat.
- A Mundus fight where he's human. Dante crying out for his mom & dad while Mundus tries to rip out his heart.
- Dante's hair suddenly changes white after using the devil trigger fully.
- More appearances of Phineas. Want him to show up again after Mundus' defeat, congratulating them on their success. Though after the collapse, Phineas explains Vergil's true colors after they were revealed.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
HA! HAHA. HAHAHA. *hangs head in self pity* i never upgraded all my abilities yet

Ha! Sorry to ruin it for you.............my bad. Either way it was by far my favorite part of Royal Guard style. It just felt really powerful, and I would like to see it as a returning move.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
make the game more difficult. i would add slight changes to the devil trigger as well. floating enemies is a no no for me. but i dig the hair and coat changing color

Top Bottom