• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry 2 - ???

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That graffiti was cool. In my head, I made up that it was limbo or malice tapping into what Vergil was saying and creating the graffiti. Because there's no way a human would know amything about that, let alone make a graffiti picture of it.

Agreeing with all this. I found the difficulty too easy. Once you'd memorized what each of the enemy attacks were, they were easy to defeat even on the hard modes.

I'd also like to see more moves for the weapons. I hardly used Eryx except when the game forced me to for smashing walls.

And it would be interesting to see the weapons evolve or change shape in some way. I'd also like to see a return of Nevan, just because that weapon was so weird...Lilith should have given a similar guitar weapon after being shot...actually, why didn't she give a weapon? That's what all the other dead demon bosses did.

I would only assume that Lilith didn't grant you a new weapon because unlike the other bosses you face she doesnt really die at the end of your fight.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I would only assume that Lilith didn't grant you a new weapon because unlike the other bosses you face she doesnt really die at the end of your fight.
Just thought: Vergil took the shot at her. That could be the reason:/ But it would have been cool if she'd gone all Nevan and turned into a guitar considering she and Lilith are similar characters.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Just thought: Vergil took the shot at her. That could be the reason:/ But it would have been cool if she'd gone all Nevan and turned into a guitar considering she and Lilith are similar characters.

Vergil kills two birds with one stone. Or in this case two demons with two bullets lol But what I am essentially getting at here is that you should of got 2 DA's out of that.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Vergil kills two birds with one stone. Or in this case two demons with two bullets lol But what I am essentially getting at here is that you should of got 2 DA's out of that.
So she's very stingy:lol: If she turned into a demon guitar, the baby could be the pick.

I just really wanted there to be more weapons in the game. But considering how you change them out, it might have become a bit tedious unless you mapped weapon changing to the shoulder buttons instead of the d-pad.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
What would you want to see in a sequel to DmC: Devil May Cry? Me personally, I'd like to see some more characters, better boss fights and more weapons, or at least more combos. I just hope that when they go and develop it, they do a better job than the first Devil May Cry 2 (I do enjoy it, but it's still the weakest out of the series for me).

- Twosome time.
-Wall running.
-More interesting enemies as in more demon types and for the love of God.......... ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember in the concept art for DmC there was a machine looking demon powered by an Angel that was agonizingly strapped and stabbed to the things inner core. Why wasnt that in the game?
-Nelo Angelo.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
-More interesting enemies as in more demon types and for the love of God.......... ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember in the concept art for DmC there was a machine looking demon powered by an Angel that was agonizingly strapped and stabbed to the things inner core. Why wasnt that in the game?
Wasn't that concept art of the Onyx? They were used in the Vergil comic instead, but were never revealed to be angels trapped in machines.

REAPER 3142

Wasn't that concept art of the Onyx? They were used in the Vergil comic instead, but were never revealed to be angels trapped in machines.

Yeah.....................that was just assuming on my part. Cool idea though.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
- Twosome time.
-Wall running.
-Nelo Angelo.
I wanna see those too! =D wall running would be a cool one to have.

For me, I'd like some tougher platforming and extras things to find. I got a thing for collecting.

I would like to see something similar to Devil May Cry 3 with Vergil.
Only closer tied to Sparda. It would be awesome to see Vergil go on a quest to observe and obtain more power by locating his father. While Dante tries to find his father to save him. Vergil and Dante clash because they have different motives, and team up against a common enemy.
It would be nice to see this as well as the fact that DMC haters could actually not despise the plot. A Vergil's perspective on the story (Longer Than Vergil's Downfall) would be awesome to be unlocked by beating Dante's story mode. Redesign on the characters would be cool. Like if you were to make Dante's hair a little longer, and make him look juts as modern to the first DMC Devil May Cry would be sweet! :D And Original Vergil Concert from Vergil's Downfall throughout the whole game would be the sickest ****. (You could drop some bombs like, if he were to be called Vergil, he would say something like, "It's Nelo, not Vergil, my human name no longer applies." WHICH WOULD BE THE SICKEST ****!)

What would you want to see in a sequel to DmC: Devil May Cry? Me personally, I'd like to see some more characters, better boss fights and more weapons, or at least more combos. I just hope that when they go and develop it, they do a better job than the first Devil May Cry 2 (I do enjoy it, but it's still the weakest out of the series for me).
Dude, there were crazy amounts of combos in DmC. Just do some Harmony Combos. :D

- Twosome time.
-Wall running.
-Nelo Angelo.
Angel enemies would be some sick ****.
And it would be cool for Vergil, when called Vergil by Dante He says, "It's Nelo, my Human name no longer applies."

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Dude, there were crazy amounts of combos in DmC. Just do some Harmony Combos. :D
Thank you. This.

tumblr_m3t4sspIyh1qzx780o1_500.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Oh ****. I just remembered... DANTE SHOT HER THROUGH THE WOMB TOO.

And of course, no one thinks to bring that up -- because it's COOL, and she TURNS INTO A GUITAR, therefore it's ALL FUN AND GAMES.

And because DMC3 Dante is UNTOUCHABLE.

Wow. If Tameem had just said that he was inspired by that DMC3 scene, the fanboys would have had a lot less ground to stand on.

Sure, they would have kept flaming and defending themselves by saying that Nevan's death wasn't "gory"-- but it doesn't matter, because DANTE SHOT HER IN THE WOMB.

AcidX_Y

Would be cool if they added 1 or 2 more playable characters for the main story like Vergil and another female character (They had some concepts for Kat that made her look like more of a fighter) and more human sized bosses like Vergil and the Dreamrunners.

REAPER 3142

I'm probably gonna be an outcast for this but................I preferred the neutral/angel/demon switching powers used by Vergil over Dante's. For some reason I just really like to think of Rebellion and Yamato as a Nephilim based weapon that channels certain energies. I really do like the weapons at Dante's disposal, and that certain weapons are either strictly Angel or Demon related. But if they make weapons that are strictly Nephilim based, the combo list and variety for one weapon could be enormous.

Take Rebellion:
-Neutral: Standard weapon damage/speed across the board.
-Angel: Creates a ghostly blue double of Rebellion, allowing Dante to wield two swords for faster combos, but half the strength of neutral Rebellion.
-Demon: Rebellion hardens and is set ablaze for extra damage and stronger strikes against armored foes, but swings are more focused and slower.

So I would love to see weapons that are Nephilim based for the brothers to use.

I Make The Devils Cry

Alright, I should probably step into my own post at some stage.
Okay, what I would like to see in DmC: Devil May Cry 2 (Codename: Devil May Cry Harder).
  • For the game to be more difficult at times, more so, when it came to boss fights. When it came to certain bosses, and the larger enemies, my first thought wasn't "Oh God, how will I beat this?", it was more along the lines of "Oh, I thought we were going to have a proper challenge." I found the Dreamrunner and co. to be a more challenging enemy than a lot of the actual bosses. If we had more enemies which functioned on that kind of difficulty, or bosses like them, it'd be perfect. A boss is meant to be a test of all your skills to that point, and a testament to your ability.
  • Possibly more combos, for certain weapons; or more particularly, effective combos. I admit all round, there is a nice number of combos, but some weapons just end up with me using the same few attacks, switch weapons, repeat. I'd get an SSS for using my Rebellion alone. I don't mind the scoring system, but I would like it to reflect of what I've done or how stylishly I've done it :cool:
  • Equal character development for everyone. Out of Dante, Kat and Vergil, you and Kat receive a large amount of the spotlight while Vergil is just sort of their to act as a plot driver at times. He's a well done character, but I would like to know more about him, and I'm not talking about like that dreadful mess in the comics which I won't consider canon unless you pay me, or the DLC which acts as an epilogue at best and is character development for the second. Certain villains, like Mundus could have used a bit more, but he's fine... Phineas though, he's someone I definitely want to know more about, because he could be good, he could be evil, he has his own story which could be expanded upon.
  • Different UI, that's just a want.
Aside from those, I really cannot think of much I would change, because in all honesty I very much enjoyed DmC: Devil May Cry.

I Make The Devils Cry

Alright, I should probably step into my own post at some stage.
Okay, what I would like to see in DmC: Devil May Cry 2 (Codename: Devil May Cry Harder).
  • For the game to be more difficult at times, more so, when it came to boss fights. When it came to certain bosses, and the larger enemies, my first thought wasn't "Oh God, how will I beat this?", it was more along the lines of "Oh, I thought we were going to have a proper challenge." I found the Dreamrunner and co. to be a more challenging enemy than a lot of the actual bosses. If we had more enemies which functioned on that kind of difficulty, or bosses like them, it'd be perfect. A boss is meant to be a test of all your skills to that point, and a testament to your ability.
  • Possibly more combos, for certain weapons; or more particularly, effective combos. I admit all round, there is a nice number of combos, but some weapons just end up with me using the same few attacks, switch weapons, repeat. I'd get an SSS for using my Rebellion alone. I don't mind the scoring system, but I would like it to reflect of what I've done or how stylishly I've done it :cool:
  • Equal character development for everyone. Out of Dante, Kat and Vergil, you and Kat receive a large amount of the spotlight while Vergil is just sort of their to act as a plot driver at times. He's a well done character, but I would like to know more about him, and I'm not talking about like that dreadful mess in the comics which I won't consider canon unless you pay me, or the DLC which acts as an epilogue at best and is character development for the second. Certain villains, like Mundus could have used a bit more, but he's fine... Phineas though, he's someone I definitely want to know more about, because he could be good, he could be evil, he has his own story which could be expanded upon.
  • Different UI, that's just a want.
Aside from those, I really cannot think of much I would change, because in all honesty I very much enjoyed DmC: Devil May Cry.
Oh, and a useful Devil Trigger. I don't mind it, it's pretty fun actually, I'd just prefer to have something else in place.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
I would love to see the reboot version of Argosax The Chaos as the prime antagonist who takes over Mundus' throne. I always imagining that Argosax's appearance would somehow looks like an old man demon sorcerer with the power of an absolute 'Chaos' to rule both of the Human realm and the Demon realm. He who claim that Mundus was a colossal imbecile who tried to destroy the world but he failed miserably.

I Make The Devils Cry

I would love to see the reboot version of Argosax The Chaos as the prime antagonist who takes over Mundus' throne. I always imagining that Argosax's appearance would somehow looks like an old man demon sorcerer with the power of an absolute 'Chaos' to rule both of the Human realm and the Demon realm. He who claim that Mundus was a colossal imbecile who tried to destroy the world but he failed miserably.

Plot twist, Phineas is the reboot version of Argosax... think about it Ninja Theory and Capcom. You got a perfect set up for it.

Top Bottom