• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry 2 - ???

I Make The Devils Cry

What would you want to see in a sequel to DmC: Devil May Cry? Me personally, I'd like to see some more characters, better boss fights and more weapons, or at least more combos. I just hope that when they go and develop it, they do a better job than the first Devil May Cry 2 (I do enjoy it, but it's still the weakest out of the series for me).

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I personally would love to see the style system integrated to it with angel and demon moves for each style as u have angel and demon weapons, also id like an angel and demon form since half devils have a demon form dante and vergil should have one and not just white hair with red eyes and red cracks in the skin.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I personally would love to see the style system integrated to it with angel and demon moves for each style as u have angel and demon weapons, also id like an angel and demon form since half devils have a demon form dante and vergil should have one and not just white hair with red eyes and red cracks in the skin.

i honestly don't ever want to see the style system again. I would prefer about 6 new weapons that you can manage at the mission set up screen and equip two demon weapons, two angel weapons and two fire arms. Rebellion being standard.

I do miss taunts, but they are obviously not that important.

I would want to see more enemy types with anti air attacks (projectile or leaping attacks)

I would like to actually have more fights in levels where the level actually tries to hurt you. Like the harpy ambush. A couple examples would be, the ceilings or walls are closing in. Enemies that can alter the level.

NT said that there would be times when you had to fight in the air the whole time, and i don;t think that happened at all in DmC.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Obviously, it'll focus on Dante's Angel Heritage, reintroduce taunts (but have them disabled for "emotional" battles) and continue the theme of corruption,

Dante will meet reLady, causing strife between him an Kat, who is studying black magicks. Vergil will also be hunted by the angels, and starts showing off his new Demon King powers, ultimately concluding with him calling himself "Nero Angelo, the Black Angel"

And Taco Dragon will end World Hunger!!!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
commission__taco_dragons__protectors_of_the_taco_by_mrtacomanguydude-d50yop9.png

ALL HAIL TACO DRAGON!!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
[quote="wallenb, post: 506691, member: 16795"I do miss taunts, but they are obviously not that important.

I mostly just miss Taunts for generating chunks of magic.[/quote]
I miss them when I feel like I pulled of something impressive or just taking that little time to scope out where my enemies are after clearing out a group. usually I'll just snatch some demon and kick em's for a taunt or finish.

I do kinda miss the option for health bars too

i honestly don't ever want to see the style system again. I would prefer about 6 new weapons that you can manage at the mission set up screen and equip two demon weapons, two angel weapons and two fire arms. Rebellion being standard.

I do miss taunts, but they are obviously not that important.

I would want to see more enemy types with anti air attacks (projectile or leaping attacks)

I would like to actually have more fights in levels where the level actually tries to hurt you. Like the harpy ambush. A couple examples would be, the ceilings or walls are closing in. Enemies that can alter the level.

NT said that there would be times when you had to fight in the air the whole time, and i don;t think that happened at all in DmC.

I totally agree, I absolutely love the effort they put into making AIR combat look spectacular, but man their aren't many enemy sequences besides the harpy encounters where you get to appreciate the feeling of an epic air battle during the natural progression of the game. As it stands, the only time you can appreciate the amazing wide angle shots is if you deliberately try to do air combat. I absolutely loved the harpy encounter in the nightclub, more of those sequences would definitely be welcome.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I still remember when shadowboxing was a huge part of the meta. Players just attacked the air to fill their Assist memories, instead of attacking each other, which...also filled the Assist memories >.< It's since gotten so much better, but for the love of gunblades did the inclusion of Assists really screw the meta up in the beginning...

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Guys, shall we get on topic here? First what we would expect for the sequel to DmC, now it's freaking Dissidia?

Yeah, Dissidia is a cool game, especially the newest one...

Now on topic:
I really look forward for reDante and reVergil's clash on each other, but reVergil is sinister.

Sunaka Marién

Less glitches. They just really destroy the atmosphere sometimes :<
Difficulty should be higher.
More bosses.
Re-worked color coded enemies, so that at least bullets hurt them aswell.
More moves for each weapon, especially some more airial moves for demon weapons, more of that pause moves or whatever you call them and naturally more weapons.
But instead of only completely new weapons, I'd kinda like to see the some of those we had in DmC in a 'evolved' form, like adding some sorta boots to Eryx, making it a bit more like Gilgamesh and the like, maybe even intoduce a system that allows you to combine (and of course de-combine again) different weapons, I mean, they're all like different forms of Rebellion anyway as it seems, so why not take that shapeshifting thought further?
Even though I personally don't necescarily need it, but it'd be nice if they'd add some kinda lock-on display or even manual lock-on, but only as an option that might not even be included in the default button layout.
Plus all of what wallenb suggested :3
And a shirtless costume for Dante :ß

Story-wise, hm, Dante doesn't seem to know that his hair turned white at the end of DmC, so I'd totally love to see a little scene when he first notices it :p
If somehow possible, I'd also like to see a bit more of what The Order was actually doing and of how the demons lived amongst the human. Like, maybe they even had family or something? And now there are a bunch of half-demons-half-humans walking around, not even knowing what they actually are? Oh the possibilities~
Oh, and they should establish the Legend of Sparda a bit more, maybe even make it an urban legend of sorts? Would also kinda explain that graffiti at the playground.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
more combos, and acrobatics.
oh yeah acrobatics seems good for a platforming levels. like wallrunning, wall jumping, and stuffs.
some crazy action cutscene, similar to equilibrium movie.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh, and they should establish the Legend of Sparda a bit more, maybe even make it an urban legend of sorts? Would also kinda explain that graffiti at the playground.
That graffiti was cool. In my head, I made up that it was limbo or malice tapping into what Vergil was saying and creating the graffiti. Because there's no way a human would know amything about that, let alone make a graffiti picture of it.

Difficulty should be higher.
More bosses.
More moves for each weapon, especially some more airial moves for demon weapons, more of that pause moves or whatever you call them and naturally more weapons.
But instead of only completely new weapons, I'd kinda like to see the some of those we had in DmC in a 'evolved' form, like adding some sorta boots to Eryx, making it a bit more like Gilgamesh and the like, maybe even intoduce a system that allows you to combine (and of course de-combine again) different weapons, I mean, they're all like different forms of Rebellion anyway as it seems, so why not take that shapeshifting thought further?
Agreeing with all this. I found the difficulty too easy. Once you'd memorized what each of the enemy attacks were, they were easy to defeat even on the hard modes.

I'd also like to see more moves for the weapons. I hardly used Eryx except when the game forced me to for smashing walls.

And it would be interesting to see the weapons evolve or change shape in some way. I'd also like to see a return of Nevan, just because that weapon was so weird...Lilith should have given a similar guitar weapon after being shot...actually, why didn't she give a weapon? That's what all the other dead demon bosses did.

Top Bottom