• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Judge

Because I don't want to spend money on another console for either one. The jerks...

Is this really a big issue? The last generation of consoles is over. Its not just Capcom who are leaving PS3/360 behind. Its the gaming industry that is doing this, not just Capcom/Ninja Theory.

Judge

So... is this pointing towards a DmC sequel or they just testing which version does well or is this just a last minute cash-in or what?

It seems that Capcom want to continue DmC. Their using this DE to relaunch the game. If its successful they will continue with DmC, but if its unsuccesful they have DMC4 SE waiting in the reserves.

I'm guessing that if DMC4 sells more than DmC Capcom will choose to continue DMC4.

Its also more money for Capcom, so whichever game continues they will have made a profit doing these rereleases.

Gbraga

If we can use Lock-on modifiers for moves, then I'll just rock the DMC layout, otherwise I might give R3 toggle lock-on a try, and keep R1 for evade and L1 for rainstorm.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I kinda wish the cutscenes weren't those comic book style stills. I'd want to see Vergil just have all those demons bowing to him and walking of in all high production glory.
What if the "new cutscenes" are just all the Vergil's Downfall comic panels rendered using the in-game engine, like the normal cutscenes?

That would be nice. I really wanted to see Vergil and Eva's scenes with actual in-game models...instead of, you know, hastily-drawn caricatures of themselves.

Railazel

Is this really a big issue? The last generation of consoles is over. Its not just Capcom who are leaving PS3/360 behind. Its the gaming industry that is doing this, not just Capcom/Ninja Theory.

I know but why put a special edition on the next-gen?

nephlim god

Classic costumes will be a sweet new addition i think . I really hope both games do well. Reboots got so much potential. Maybe then we will get a devil may cry every other year like assasins creed .

Judge

Classic costumes will be a sweet new addition i think . I really hope both games do well. Reboots got so much potential. Maybe then we will get a devil may cry every other year like assasins creed .

It seems Capcom are going to look at the sales for each game and from there decide which one to continue. So its possible that there will be a DMC game every other year if one of these games sells well.

If neither of them sell well I'm not sure Capcom will contiune Devil May Cry at all.

nephlim god

I think everybody should give both a chance . Id love more of it . Haters could ruin it for everybody . If it wasnt for DmC i wouldnt have played any of the others and would have missed out big time .

Snarks

It seems that Capcom want to continue DmC. Their using this DE to relaunch the game. If its successful they will continue with DmC, but if its unsuccesful they have DMC4 SE waiting in the reserves.

I'm guessing that if DMC4 sells more than DmC Capcom will choose to continue DMC4.

Its also more money for Capcom, so whichever game continues they will have made a profit doing these rereleases.

Obviously they should make both and we'll get 2 new Devil May Cry games within the next 3-4 years.
Things that would never happen. I'm hoping Capcom isn't crazy enough to make it a competition, but it's not far-fetched to think that the DMC4 re-release is to gauge interest in the original series.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Obviously they should make both and we'll get 2 new Devil May Cry games within the next 3-4 years.
Things that would never happen. I'm hoping Capcom isn't crazy enough to make it a competition, but it's not far-fetched to think that the DMC4 re-release is to gauge interest in the original series.

Well money's tight for Capcom these days so the possibility of both is slim.

Judge

I personally don't have an interest in DMC4. If it continues thats great news for the fans who like that. For me it wasn't really continuing anything original about the series. It was the beginning of a new series of games featuring Nero and Kyrie as the new main characters.

It wasn't continuing Dante's story, so I didn't see it as part of the original series. I saw it as a reboot as well. Maybe thats the wrong way of looking at it, I don't know. If Capcom want to continue DMC4 thats fine, but I personally lost interest in the series after DMC4. DmC brought me back.

It seems to me DmC is the game Capcom want to push. They will be streaming the game every week until it releases in the new year. I hope Ninja Theory hit 9s and 10s this time, because I really want to see this game reach its peak and then hopefully continue with a much better story.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

I hope Ninja Theory hit 9s and 10s this time.

4270191-9375449821-tumbl.gif

"Show em."

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
They should really mention all those good reviews again when promoting the definitive edition. Try and get some more people on board. I know plenty of people who showed some interest in the game, but never got it in the end.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Right?! His character was one of the very few things about the story I found interesting, but we don't know anything about him.
More importantly....what happens to him after he departs Dante before the Bob Barbas battle? Does he ever make his way back to the surface? And what happens to him when the Hellgate is shattered? Is he quietly wandering amongst humanity, assuming a different, human form in disguise? What kind of form did he choose? Will he encounter and aid Dante again?

Kishido

Hunter
Well pre ordered it... Not looking forward that much compared to DMC 4 but still... Pre ordered it.

I have no single doubt that DmC really is the DEFINITIVE version... Not only for the game itself but also for the whole universe.

Seeing that DMC4 with Vergil is coming out after it, I think they will go back to the old universe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom