• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Man, you should tell that to @GregaMan or whomever at Capcom, that's the story of a devoted fan. I can't quite remember where I was when the game came out. I think I headed down to my store right as it opened to get my copy, because I don't remember us doing a midnight launch. I got the day off and just played forever, especially had fun replaying mission 4 (from the demo) because I love that level so much, and it was great for farming orbs and such.

I can't wait to play again, going through with the DMC1 skin.
Huh, maybe I should! ^^ I really appreciate that and I'm glad you see it, too. I remember DmC's launch date was January 15th but I ended up getting it the month after so it'd serve as a birthday present, and holy crap! That's the same stage I'd also replay over and over! It's mostly because it was the same stage from the demo, so I get to see how far along I came as far as skill level goes. Mission 4 is my playground.

I remember I wouldn't stop farming for orbs until I hit the 999,999 count, lol! xD

Whenever I used the DMC3 Dante skin in DmC, I would always play "Devils Never Cry". Thank lawd for custom soundtracks. P:

I broke a window pretending I was Dante when I was younger.
lol that's awesome.

Last edited:

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Forgive my reminiscing, guys. u.u

Don't apologize for that! I love hearing how people got into DmC, I love telling my own story. It's funny how things work out, and how you end up loving video games more than you expected to (at least that's in my case).

DmC came out with a Metacritic of 85/86, a good aggregate score to be sure, but with room for improvment.

If Ninja Theory can hit 9s and 10s this time I think its possible for them to attract a lot more fans. Espeically those who've never played a DMC game before, or people not even into action games.

However that will prove to be an enormous untertaking. DMC3 which some fans claim is the best in the series never hit a 90 Metacritic, even with its special edition.

An 8.5 game can be forgotten, but DmC armed with a 9/10 score will stand out for the rest of the year.

In my country, DmC has been featured on the 'must have' list of Official PlayStation Magazine for months. I hope the definitive edition cranks up the metacritic score and DmC can stay there for a bit longer.

They won't be able to change anything about the story and characters obviously, so if that's what people dislike about the game there's nothing left for them to do there. However, there are still plenty of opportunities for them to improve. Frankly, I've got faith in them that they will hit at least most of the right notes.

Also, isn't DmC the only character action game out for the PS4 when it comes out in March? Because I think that'll work out positively for the game. That and a relatively low price for players new to the game. If I never played DmC and I noticed it on the shelves for 40 euros (+ the knowledge of the game having good reviews) it'd be an insta buy for me.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Everyone wins in this situation.

Agreed.

Though I have to say, DMC3 was my fave original DMC game. (I haven't finished it yet, so what lmao) I wonder why it doesn't get the DMC4 treatment it deserves. I wanted to buy it on Steam when it was on sale but a friend convinced me otherwise due to the bad controls. The HD version for PS3 gives me 2 and 1 with it, and I hear it's not even that much better from the original. Guess I'll just stick with my rusty old PS2 copy.

Judge

Agreed.

Though I have to say, DMC3 was my fave original DMC game. (I haven't finished it yet, so what lmao) I wonder why it doesn't get the DMC4 treatment it deserves. I wanted to buy it on Steam when it was on sale but a friend convinced me otherwise due to the bad controls. The HD version for PS3 gives me 2 and 1 with it, and I hear it's not even that much better from the original. Guess I'll just stick with my rusty old PS2 copy.

Not sure what version of DMC3 you have, but te PS3 version is DMC3 SE. Which is a lot better than the original version, a lot better.

I'd recommend getting it if you haven't. DMC HD pack is cheap now. The SE is a lot eaiser to finish as well because you can continue when you die. In the original DMC3 you had to start the mission from the beginning. A problem I felt plagued the older games.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Couple more answers and thoughts here.

>Demo?

Demos, when they happen, are planned in secret and then announced according to a PR/Marketing plan, just like titles themselves. So unfortunately it's one of those things that can't be discussed unless and until there's been an official announcement. For now, can't make any promises. But hence the livestreams.

>Where do you stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

We actually stream a lot: Monster Hunter every Monday (Monster Hunter Mondays), older Capcom games every Thursday (Throwback Thursdays), and promotional streams for current games on other days. And sometimes we just play something random like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. This Friday I believe we're streaming one of our upcoming titles....

>Discussion is more negative on IGN/Facebook/YouTube/somewhere else.

In general, you'll find that the more general the audience and the lower the barrier of entry for commenting, the more negativity, squabbling, and misinformation you are likely to see. Facebook and YouTube tend to be particularly mosh pitty because everyone's got an account, and the Devil May Cry content may appear in their feeds without them even seeking it out.

That may all go without saying, but it's to this community's credit that you're all so well informed and indeed, very even-tempered! People here may disagree on different aspects of the series, which stands to reason given how varied the series has been, but this is still quite possibly the greatest venue for having mature, adult discussion centered around the Devil May Cry games. So pat yourselves on the back! I like it here and take personal fulfillment in seeing a new wave of excitement on these boards.

I also appreciate that you guys tend to take it upon yourselves to remain informed about the games, and even when you debate, it's actual debate rather than baseless mudslinging. So, good for devilmaycry.org, and thanks for existing. You guys are great.
Could you by any chance disclose when we can get more news on DMC4?

berto

I Saw the Devil
After a bit of time there were 2 things that occurred to me regarding the game that I was... concerned wouldn't happen.

Reballanced to me says that the Angel weapons are now Stronger and the Demon weapons are now weaker to make one more useful and the other less absolute. However, because NT had that setup they made a lot of th Demon attacks un cancellable. Now that they made that change I hope they make the those attacks cancellable, since it's still all the risk but not the same reward.

the other thing was that they didn't have the time to add a 'clean' Vergil to VD DLC, but now that they do I hope they didn't forget.

Last edited:

Judge

I just hope Ninja Theory have a lot more moves in there. That will be a deal breaker for me. DmC for me felt like untapped potential with the moves list. A lot of moves to be sure, but no where near the potential that could've been reached. I need more moves. I don't care about 'manual lock-on', or colour coded enemies. I really want to see more combat animations. I want to be completely knocked off my feet in awe at the sheer size of Dante's move list.

With reference to some of the previous posts. I think the key to the 9 and 10 reviews is in the quality of the boss battles and the ending. A lot of reviewers critiqued these things with reasonable critiques.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 have passable stories. When it comes to the combat though, those games are reviewed at 9s and 10s because of the combat alone. DmC can be recieved the same way by addressing those boss battles and that moves list.

If DmC is going out its going out with a bang. I can barely wait for the New Year to see DmC in action in those live streams we'll be getting.

Agent47_89

So... is this pointing towards a DmC sequel or they just testing which version does well or is this just a last minute cash-in or what?

Railazel

Why? If you don't like DmC you have DMC4 SE to look forward to, if you don't like DMC4 you have DmC DE to look forward to.

Everyone wins in this situation.

Because I don't want to spend money on another console for either one. The jerks...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just had a thought. I was thinking about my controller layout for when I add the lock on without getting awkward. So I think for that I'd also like the option of switching to angel/demon modes by pushing a button rather than holding it. I still haven't decided on a layout but I think that that option would help.

Top Bottom