• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

The Final Offer

Sparda evil? Towards who? One of the children he tried to protect? Heh, nah.

I don't think he'd be evil, I think he'd be a joker. I think that if he had to choose sides between Vergil and Dante, he'd choose Eva. In other words "You two kids bicker while I go bang your mom."

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Fan: Eh, can we just get some DLC packs?

(1 week before Christmas)

Fan: Holy water!
CAPCOM: You're welcome.
Fan: This is awsome--
CAPCOM: Wait... There's another thing.
Fan: Wha--
Vergil: I need more power.
Fan:.... :eek: *faints*

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
hope the new cutscene is Vergil related(Post Downfall) or sequel bait in general.

vergil's downfall (or the end of dmc for that matter) wasn't sequel bait enough for ya? ;)

I kinda wish the cutscenes weren't those comic book style stills. I'd want to see Vergil just have all those demons bowing to him and walking of in all high production glory.

they probably chose that style due to limited time, but man i wish they removed those comic style cutscenes and replaced them with the type of cutscenes in the base game. i found it really hard to connect to vergil in vergil's downfall. i mean, he was having this emotional conversation with his own mother and then he stared her straight in the eyes and told her "i no longer have one, mother"... that scene would've been much more powerful if it wasn't so cartoonish imo.

Gbraga

All I want from the new cutscene is for it to be after credits or something like that so I can just skip every other cutscene without having to think "wait, what if this is the new one?"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Where was it mentioned that if Sparda was evil it would be towards any of his offspring? :/
I think he's saying that since Sparda rebelled, it's likely that he wouldn't be evil.

However, if Sparda were to be evil, then it would be through a sort of, "Count of Monte Cristo" plan where he's imprisoned, then goes berserk (or goes completely Machiavellian) when he finally does break out. That kind of punishment would drive anyone towards madness.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think he's saying that since Sparda rebelled, it's likely that he wouldn't be evil.

However, if Sparda were to be evil, then it would be through a sort of, "Count of Monte Cristo" plan where he's imprisoned, then goes berserk (or goes completely Machiavellian) when he finally does break out. That kind of punishment would drive anyone towards madness.

You'll have to refresh my memory. Sparda rebelled in DmC. Against Mundus, yes.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You'll have to refresh my memory. Sparda rebelled in DmC. Against Mundus, yes.
Yeah, he turned against Mundus in an attempt to save humanity from his plans (in both DmC and Classic DMC). He failed, but then spiritually left Rebellion and Yamato towards his sons in spirit form (according to the comic) so that they might one day accomplish what he couldn't.

So, either he's evil enough to take the throne from Mundus (which I doubt) and rule the world through an even worse 'iron fist,' or he really did have honest intentions when he tried to depose his former 'partner.'

Wait, I just thought of something... he's the one who helped Mundus build his power in hell in the first place... so it's entirely possible that he might've been evil in the past.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah, he turned against Mundus in an attempt to save humanity from his plans (in both DmC and Classic DMC). He failed, but then spiritually left Rebellion and Yamato towards his sons in spirit form (according to the comic) so that they might one day accomplish what he couldn't.

Right. Where I was coming from though was maybe Sparda was evil and had evil intentions from the start.

He rebelled against Mundus. Why? He was Mundus' right hand man

You could go even further and say that he saw loving Eva as a means to bringing Mundus to an end. Then Sparda takes over.

Could you imagine DmC 2 where Dante not only faces cleaning up Hell on Earth. But having those kind of family conflicts. It'd even put Vergil into a tough situation. Potentially resulting in Vergil coming to a realisation that he must help Dante to stop their father. Vergil made Dante his enemy at the end of DmC. And therefore he'd see his own father as a challenge and an obstacle in his way. He'd play the good guy towards the end and use Dante and Kat again.

Yeesh. What a complicated family.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I actually hadn't thought of this. Good point.

It's like Thor: The Dark World where Loki temporarily teams up with Thor (despite the fact that no one should trust him enough to work with him, regardless of the situation) then turns (or will turn) on him yet again.

Exactly. He acts good but as a cover for his bad intentions.

Though we strayed slightly away from the topic here. Happens to us all.

I shall report myself right away. Anyhow, now back to the point at hand.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
It's funny because NT once mentioned that some DmC players complained about the amount of cutscenes, whereas I - and I suppose most of you guys in here - would've loved more cutscenes, more missions, more story to tell. I feel like it was all jammed in 20 missions when it could've been longer and more epic. It was too short.

I wanted - almost needed - more background information about Phineas, Kat, Mundus, Sparda and Eva. I wanted more missions and subtle hints that gave us a peek at Vergil's true intentions or possibly his shift in purpose before he dropped that 'rule the world' bomb in mission 20.

The only story I am satisfied with is Dante's. His story is not complete, though. In my opinion, it's only just beginning. But I think that in DmC we got just enough character development for it to carry over into the second game. (So that he stops being such a punk ass kid! xD)

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
You know, I was thinking back to the memories I had with DmC when I first laid my hands on it.

fy1fgn.jpg

It was my birthday on the day I got it. I was so stoked that I immediately jumped into my Dante outfit and begged my brother to take a picture of me holding the copy. xD I remember even playing the game in Dante's outfit for a few missions too, before taking it off (it was getting hot, haha). I made a wish with my first SSS combo.

I killed so much time into DmC. I think I probably killed a good 236 hours into it. My playtime is shocking, I know... o.o But that's what happens when I get to play a new DMC experience after what, five years?

It never bored me. I spent time getting a SSS rank on every mission, on every difficulty! I even got the platinum trophy. ^^ So naturally, hearing that a Definitive Edition was coming out with 10x the amount of features hyped me UP.

Gods Must Die? Hardcore Mode?! Turbo Mode?! Heeell yeah! Tbh, I never had a problem with DmC's framerate. Even though it was 30fps, the game felt like it had the assets of 60fps. I really wish I had a game capture of some sort. I did so many cuhrayzee combos!

But now, with PS4 and XBO having sharing/streaming capabilities, this fixes everything for me. xD I just can't wait to no life this new version of DmC. When I get the Definitive Edition, I'll be sure to dress up as Dante again and take a photo of me holding the case... on a goddamn rooftop! lol that'll be fun.

I'll definitely be jamming to the theme, "Lock n' Load" when using the DMC1 Dante skin. :3 Forgive my reminiscing, guys. u.u

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh I know that. I'm talking about how moves like launch, stinger, and other directional moves are step up up you don't need lock-on in order to use them. What I'm wondering is if NT is going to just throw the lock-on in as an option without changing anything else, or are they going to rework what inputs are needed to perform moves so locking on means we now get to use launch, stinger, etc. the traditional way. Or is launch still going to have its own button?

My concern is that they won't do that. They just give us the option to lock-on even though the game is built around not needing one: making it a pointless addition.

Methinks it is just the latter. Although while the game is built around not needing a lock-on feature, it never hurts in certain situations as a target focus. Then it also has the life meter on it too, which is helpful to some as well.

You know, I was thinking back to the memories I had with DmC when I first laid my hands on it.

fy1fgn.jpg

It was my birthday on the day I got it. I was so stoked that I immediately jumped into my Dante outfit and begged my brother to take a picture of me holding the copy. xD I remember even playing the game in Dante's outfit for a few missions too, before taking it off (it was getting hot, haha). I made a wish with my first SSS combo.

I killed so much time into DmC. I think I probably killed a good 236 hours into it. My playtime is shocking, I know... o.o But that's what happens when I get to play a new DMC experience after what, five years?

It never bored me. I spent time getting a SSS rank on every mission, on every difficulty! I even got the platinum trophy. ^^ So naturally, hearing that a Definitive Edition was coming out with 10x the amount of features hyped me UP.

Gods Must Die? Hardcore Mode?! Turbo Mode?! Heeell yeah! Tbh, I never had a problem with DmC's framerate. Even though it was 30fps, the game felt like it had the assets of 60fps. I really wish I had a game capture of some sort. I did so many cuhrayzee combos!

But now, with PS4 and XBO having sharing/streaming capabilities, this fixes everything for me. xD I just can't wait to no life this new version of DmC. When I get the Definitive Edition, I'll be sure to dress up as Dante again and take a photo of me holding the case... on a goddamn rooftop! lol that'll be fun.

I'll definitely be jamming to the theme, "Lock n' Load" when using the DMC1 Dante skin. :3 Forgive my reminiscing, guys. u.u

Man, you should tell that to @GregaMan or whomever at Capcom, that's the story of a devoted fan. I can't quite remember where I was when the game came out. I think I headed down to my store right as it opened to get my copy, because I don't remember us doing a midnight launch. I got the day off and just played forever, especially had fun replaying mission 4 (from the demo) because I love that level so much, and it was great for farming orbs and such.

I can't wait to play again, going through with the DMC1 skin.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Methinks it is just the latter. Although while the game is built around not needing a lock-on feature, it never hurts in certain situations as a target focus. Then it also has the life meter on it too, which is helpful to some as well.
The life meter is definitely a welcome addition to that lock on for stylish gameplay. Quite a few times I was practicing some really badass cool looking combos, only to have that cut short because an enemy just exploded on me.

Oh, yeah, lmao! I know. xP I'm always careful. :)
I broke a window pretending I was Dante when I was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
What if this is all leading up to a DMC/DmC crossover where post DMC2 Dante teams up with reDante to fight a Demon God more powerful than Mundus

Judge

Glad that I never bother with the Vergil DLC, I hope people give the game a chance this time.

I've been thinking about that as well...

DmC came out with a Metacritic of 85/86, a good aggregate score to be sure, but with room for improvment.

If Ninja Theory can hit 9s and 10s this time I think its possible for them to attract a lot more fans. Espeically those who've never played a DMC game before, or people not even into action games.

However that will prove to be an enormous untertaking. DMC3 which some fans claim is the best in the series never hit a 90 Metacritic, even with its special edition.

An 8.5 game can be forgotten, but DmC armed with a 9/10 score will stand out for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom