• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope the cutout cutscene has something to do with that discussion with Mundus Dante had. Like after Mundus "violence, war, death" Dante would call him out on what he was saying. To which Mundus reveals that the reason his family was found was because Dante told them when he was seven without realizing who he was. Mundus lied saying he was a friend of Sparda's and Dante, being the child he was, believed it and lead him right to them. It would make the fight more of an impact in my opinion.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I hope the new cut-scene adds more meat to the ending. Like, Dante opens his shop (and it's an actual shop that sells demonic artifacts and paraphernalia and only takes those 'special jobs' from those who know the secret password.) or it ends with him attacking a horde of demons while on his first mission as earth's savior. Something that leaves you on a high and gets you pumped for a sequel and not the quick, cut to black, downer ending we originally got. They can even work the fight scene animation from the first teaser trailer into the new character model and end it like that trailer did with a cocky smile and newly white haired Dante dropping off and jumping into the camera.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm actually really concerned about them throwing in a hard lock on option because the whole control scheme was built around not having one. I'm worried that it's going to feel tacked on and useless at best, and get in the way at worst. The only way they can really make it work is if they completely redo the controls and combat. Which I doubt.

Can't wait to have to explain to people that subpar lock on in a game built around not having one, doesn't mean lock-on is inherently flawed or inferior. :facepalm:

Well, luckily, it's an extra control function, as in you add it to your custom control scheme if you want to, which means you get to rework the controls in a way that suit you best. It's almost as if they did it that way to accommodate all the people who kept saying "no, it would totally work if you put it here", while not screwing over the others who don't wanna use it. It's actually pretty nice.

Oh, really? My bad.

I've only played the demo on PS3, so when I saw you needed to edit .ini on PC to get it working, I just assumed they removed it from the full version.

Ah, yeah. That's something silly about the PC version, but luckily there's no problem like that on the console.

=================

I'm actually interested to see the new cutscene and how I might be able to fit it into Stairway to Heaven.

/shamelessplug :p

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I'd prefer if the cutscene was a scene with the Angels because their absence from the game felt weird. They just dropped the Angels as a bombshell with Dante finding out he's half angel and they didn't have no real discussion on it. Hell even them theorizing about it would be fine.

I like Dragonmaster's and Tiran's ideas too.

The Final Offer

The extra cutscene...

Could have something to do with these things.
-New Devil Trigger
-Phineas's return
-Sparda's return
-Vergil's return
-Dante's trailer
-Vergil and Kat
-New character introduction
-Dante restoring The Order
-Angelic involvement.​

I think I'd prefer if the cutscene was a scene with the Angels because their absence from the game felt weird. They just dropped the Angels as a bombshell with Dante finding out he's half angel and they didn't have no real discussion on it. Hell even them theorizing about it would be fine.

I like Dragonmaster's and Tiran's ideas too.

Angels weren't involved as a group, but Eva represented angels.

Last edited by a moderator:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I hope they have more than one extra cutscene and you can unlock them.

That's too much crap to fit into just one scene.
Maybe a montage of smaller scenes then like the kingdom hearts final mixes.

Angels weren't involved as a group, but Eva represented angels.
But you still didnt get context for them as no-one talked about them outside of Vergil's explanation.

Meg

Well, luckily, it's an extra control function, as in you add it to your custom control scheme if you want to, which means you get to rework the controls in a way that suit you best. It's almost as if they did it that way to accommodate all the people who kept saying "no, it would totally work if you put it here", while not screwing over the others who don't wanna use it. It's actually pretty nice.
Oh I know that. I'm talking about how moves like launch, stinger, and other directional moves are step up up you don't need lock-on in order to use them. What I'm wondering is if NT is going to just throw the lock-on in as an option without changing anything else, or are they going to rework what inputs are needed to perform moves so locking on means we now get to use launch, stinger, etc. the traditional way. Or is launch still going to have its own button?

My concern is that they won't do that. They just give us the option to lock-on even though the game is built around not needing one: making it a pointless addition.

Last edited:

Meg

I would like to know more about Phineas and his relationship with Sparda.
Right?! His character was one of the very few things about the story I found interesting, but we don't know anything about him. He's basically a plot device. :cautious:

The Final Offer

That's too much crap to fit into just one scene.
I hope they have more than one extra cutscene and you can unlock them.

Maybe a montage of smaller scenes then like the kingdom hearts final mixes.

But you still didnt get context for them as no-one talked about them outside of Vergil's explanation.

Yeah yeah. Just putting that out there as far as angelic presence goes.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
At first I didn't know how to take Phineas. I just got this feeling that maybe he wasn't to be trusted. He is a demon after all. Not that I am saying that certifies that he is not to be trusted. I just wasn't sure how to approach him as a character.

I mean he knows a lot of stuff. He knows about Dante's past. He knows all about what happened to the Nephilims as a race. He knew how Dante could break Mundus. All of that stuff.

Who is to say he wasn't just trying to use Dante to get rid of Mundus just so he could fill his place, eventually. Is that so farfetched? =/

The Final Offer

At first I didn't know how to take Phineas. I just got this feeling that maybe he wasn't to be trusted. He is a demon after all. Not that I am saying that certifies that he is not to be trusted. I just wasn't sure how to approach him as a character.

I mean he knows a lot of stuff. He knows about Dante's past. He knows all about what happened to the Nephilims as a race. He knew how Dante could break Mundus. All of that stuff.

Who is to say he wasn't just trying to use Dante to get rid of Mundus just so he could fill his place, eventually. Is that so farfetched? =/

I think Phineas was one of Sparda's strategists or his spy.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No I just think that.

We can trust Sparda. He is the one who gave Rebellion to Dante as he was being beaten by demons.

Ah, I see. Well that's a nice thought. I still think it could be interesting if Phineas stabbed Dante in the back at some point. Dante would feel betrayed, again, and give him more reason to be concerned as to who he can and can't trust as an ally.

Well yes, I know that the story says Sparda is meant to be good. But what I meant was he is a demon. And I was just saying that even so, are we to take it that all demons are untrustworthy? Sparda may of given them their weapons and loved Eva etc. But Vergil did also show some emotion towards Dante, even if he did use people.

If Vergil can't be trusted by Dante now, who is to say that Sparda can be either? For all we know Sparda may have the same ideals as Vergil or something along those lines.

Like father, like son.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ah, I see. Well that's a nice thought. I still think it could be interesting if Phineas stabbed Dante in the back at some point. Dante would feel betrayed, again, and give him more reason to be concerned as to who he can and can't trust as an ally.

Well yes, I know that the story says Sparda is meant to be good. But what I meant was he is a demon. And I was just saying that even so, are we to take it that all demons are untrustworthy? Sparda may of given them their weapons and loved Eva etc. But Vergil did also show some emotion towards Dante, even if he did use people.

If Vergil can't be trusted by Dante now, who is to say that Sparda can be either? For all we know Sparda may have the same ideals as Vergil or something along those lines.

Like father, like son.
In my Devil May Cry story, I'm actually turning Sparda in to one of the major villains.

Top Bottom