• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Dante x Kyrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
whole story in a nutshell
kyrie grows tired of nero and the two have a fight. she walks out and gets attacked by a demon who traps her in an alternate universe. she sees a guy with white hair and a black and red trench coat and assumes he's nero. she runs up to him and kisses him. kat freaks. dante is on the trail of a demon who runs a high up gang and there is a fire fight. during the fight, she sees him move and realizes that he is not nero but dante. after the fight, kat tells kyrie that she is in an alternate reality. they try to find ways to get her back home while sparks between kyrie and dante fly, to a point where they have sex. kat finds out while performing a spell to open a portal that brings nero into their world. nero tries to kill dante but dante has more experience and beats, just barely. the demon who trapped kyrie shows himself to be a time/space manipulator. dante and nero make mends to battle the creature and kyrie and nero are sent home. nero and kyrie break up and nero looks at dante dis-trustingly while kyrie gives dante "the eye". dante shrugs it off until kat is zapped into their world...

I actually like innocent characters.Even though i can't strike a social connection with one. That's why i like Resident evil characters a lot. I would like to see characters go through crap yet still remain innocent and unchanged or not traumatized by events. DMC is more like "I will stab you a million times and slash the bitch out of you and laugh hysterically with no remorse for killing you"(IMO mind you). But having a character like kyrie balances out emotions.

Even though kyrie is not physically strong, she does put herself in danger to warn credo and put herself between the kid and demons (suicidal). Something i really admired about her.

I actually like the opposite.
I like internal struggling,I like the trauma,I like when characters are dealing with hard times or have been through tormeting experiences.
And I like to see how this affects them,in which way,because I like to observe and analyze.
I don't like innocent characters because it's natural to think of bad things and nobody it's truly innocent and if they go through such traumatizing experiences it's impossible not to have any scars from it.(And because they're too many).

That's exactly why I disliked her. I don't like suicidal girls and way too innocent ones. That's because many portray women as innocent,way too feminine or way TOO emotional. Female characters can do more than being the ones that are saved by the male character and the ones to always happen to fall in love with him.

I wasn't talking about strong female characters physically,but when it comes to personality. I know there are characters like her but it's not exactly what DMC is about.DMC/DmC has badass women,even if they're not physically strong an example being Kat,even if she wasn't strong in the common sense of the word she was a character with a noticeable importance in the game.

aoshi

I actually like the opposite.
I like internal struggling,I like the trauma,I like when characters are dealing with hard times or have been through tormeting experiences.
And I like to see how this affects them,in which way,because I like to observe and analyze.
I don't like innocent characters because it's natural to think of bad things and nobody it's truly innocent and if they go through such traumatizing experiences it's impossible not to have any scars from it.(And because they're too many).

That's exactly why I disliked her. I don't like suicidal girls and way too innocent ones. That's because many portray women as innocent,way too feminine or way TOO emotional. Female characters can do more than being the ones that are saved by the male character and the ones to always happen to fall in love with him.

I wasn't talking about strong female characters physically,but when it comes to personality. I know there are characters like her but it's not exactly what DMC is about.DMC/DmC has badass women,even if they're not physically strong an example being Kat,even if she wasn't strong in the common sense of the word she was a character with a noticeable importance in the game.

True, Its nearly impossible to be remain unaffected by trauma of events. But I am a guy and I expect female characters to be feminine in nature.....lol.

And DMC isn't always about badass women. Myth of eva speaks otherwise. She lost her life to demons inorder to save dante and vergil. And Kyrie was a priestess in a church. Her responsibilities were to sing in church and serve the order. I can't expect such a character to all of a sudden be guns blazing cuz DMC demands so. Lady had a rough past which traumatized her but kyrie didn't. Besides, there was no one to help or love lady as kyrie had nero. Kat(DmC) wasn't stereo-typical as kyrie. That i agree.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
True, Its nearly impossible to be remain unaffected by trauma of events. But I am a guy and I expect female characters to be feminine in nature.....lol.

And DMC isn't always about badass women. Myth of eva speaks otherwise. She lost her life to demons inorder to save dante and vergil. And Kyrie was a priestess in a church. Her responsibilities were to sing in church and serve the order. I can't expect such a character to all of a sudden be guns blazing cuz DMC demands so. Lady had a rough past which traumatized her but kyrie didn't. Besides, there was no one to help or love lady as kyrie had nero. Kat(DmC) wasn't stereo-typical as kyrie. That i agree.

...eva was a demon hunting badass who knew magic...

And I'm a girl and I say it's hard to act all nice and innocent and lady-like everytime.What defines after all,feminine?A woman can be feminine yet kick ass.
I know guys are expecting girls to act like this all the time,but we don't,because we're also humans and we also have our moments of in which we might not act ladylike.
Live with a girl for more then 4 months and see how much 'feminine' she can stay. In case we're talking about a girl who has also other things to care for,other than her looks. What makes us feminine is the fact that we defer physically,but a lot of girls would like to feel comfortable in their bodies,but no,they have to act all 'lady-like' because guys wants them to. In this case we should have equal expectations.
Back to our topic,women can be badass. There are women who can prove something maybe not only physically but mentally too. But many are refrained. Why? 'Because that's not how a woman is supposed to behave like'.

Even in gaming,all female characters have to posses a perfect body and less clothes but many of them have no personality.Because they're viewed only as sexual objects and that's all.And those who act all innocent are supposed to be ALWAYS the ones who aren't capable of anything rather than be saved by some guy. Just like in Kyrie's case.
My point is that female characters can be capable and can be badass and have a personality without depending on other male characters.

Oh and Eva wasn't exactly an ordinary woman.The fact that she fell in love with a DEMON,a powerful one at that and beared twins knowing that she might be killed one day putting her life in danger is badass enough.
I think she was a strong character,because you don't see women falling in love with demons without being scared of them,more than this,to bear his children.You don't see this everyday. (That leads me to believe she wasn't exactly an ordinary human being)
That's why DMC/DmC proved to have not only physically strong women but determinated and fearless ones too.

Yes,you're right but this doesn't mean I have to like her. And what was upsetting me is how this made DMC seem like a bad written romance novel with stereotypical lovers.

aoshi

i never said she wasn't human ;) . plus it's hinted at in the DMC anime that she was a devil hunter

Honestly, There is very little known about Eva. But it is known that she gave her life protecting her sons.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
And I'm a girl and I say it's hard to act all nice and innocent and lady-like everytime.What defines after all,feminine?A woman can be feminine yet kick ass.
I know guys are expecting girls to act like this all the time,but we don't,because we're also humans and we also have our moments of in which we might not act ladylike.
Live with a girl for more then 4 months and see how much 'feminine' she can stay. In case we're talking about a girl who has also other things to care for,other than her looks. What makes us feminine is the fact that we defer physically,but a lot of girls would like to feel comfortable in their bodies,but no,they have to act all 'lady-like' because guys wants them to. In this case we should have equal expectations.
Back to our topic,women can be badass. There are women who can prove something maybe not only physically but mentally too. But many are refrained. Why? 'Because that's not how a woman is supposed to behave like'.

Even in gaming,all female characters have to posses a perfect body and less clothes but many of them have no personality.Because they're viewed only as sexual objects and that's all.And those who act all innocent are supposed to be ALWAYS the ones who aren't capable of anything rather than be saved by some guy. Just like in Kyrie's case.
My point is that female characters can be capable and can be badass and have a personality without depending on other male characters.

Oh and Eva wasn't exactly an ordinary woman.The fact that she fell in love with a DEMON,a powerful one at that and beared twins knowing that she might be killed one day putting her life in danger is badass enough.
I think she was a strong character,because you don't see women falling in love with demons without being scared of them,more than this,to bear his children.You don't see this everyday. (That leads me to believe she wasn't exactly an ordinary human being)
That's why DMC/DmC proved to have not only physically strong women but determinated and fearless ones too.

Yes,you're right but this doesn't mean I have to like her. And what was upsetting me is how this made DMC seem like a bad written romance novel with stereotypical lovers.

*admiral ackbar voice*ITS A TRAP!!!*3P0 voice*the girl's point is valid*Yoda voice*This arguement..lose you will..if you continue

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Lol,by the way,I like the picture in your sig.

Thanks lol took me forever to figure out how to set it up(<--- noob) ill be adding more on later figured id intervene this is not a smart nor a fair arguement for too many reasons lol i agree with your opinion and while i understand there's even i can see where this is going lol

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Thanks lol took me forever to figure out how to set it up(<--- noob) ill be adding more on later figured id intervene this is not a smart nor a fair arguement for too many reasons lol i agree with your opinion and while i understand there's even i can see where this is going lol

you're welcome btw (for the sig)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
appreciate it i didnt know who made it but i mged the person who i thought had posted it and i didnt hear anything if this belongs to you im very grateful its an awsome pic

My pleasure. N'uh,we're not arguing,we're expressing some opinions without arguing at all,but I do like to prove some points xD,but each remains to their opinion I guess..?

aoshi

First of all, Innocence is not an act. If you are truly innocent, You don't have to pretend.

Live with a girl for more then 4 months and see how much 'feminine' she can stay. In case we're talking about a girl who has also other things to care for,other than her looks.

So girls who are innocent only care about looks. Wow, never heard that observation.Honestly, you are degrading women/girls who are feminine by their nature. By feminine, i mean by the way they dress and act. We don't call tomboys as feminine cuz they aren't. If women weren't characterized by their personality/looks/dress sense, we would not have the term feminine. In case you didn't know what feminine means, please google.

What makes us feminine is the fact that we defer physically,but a lot of girls would like to feel comfortable in their bodies,but no,they have to act all 'lady-like' because guys wants them to.

Even guys get criticized if they act in any way feminine. Again, There is a certain way of things that specifically define women and hence the term feminine. Mostly feminine character is known for softness and maternal instincts. The reason why a mother is favored in custody battle of a child is because they are feminine by nature and have maternal instincts that a father(a man) lacks.

Even in gaming,all female characters have to posses a perfect body and less clothes but many of them have no personality.Because they're viewed only as sexual objects and that's all.

LOL....I never said "All women MUST be feminine". I find kyrie to be feminine and thats why i like her. Jus as Eva was. Also women can't be violent and feminine at the same time. Jus like tomboys aren't feminine.

And those who act all innocent are supposed to be ALWAYS the ones who aren't capable of anything rather than be saved by some guy. Just like in Kyrie's case.

In case you have forgotten, Eva couldn't be saved. And jus because kyrie could be saved, does not make her any less of a character.

Eva was tough but she couldn't do much. Jus as kyrie was suicidal to save the child. Which does say kyrie was tough. But yeah , Eva is a more siginificant character to DMC and kyrie was jus a spin-off character. But I don't think any less of kyrie. Besides being stereotypical.

EDIT: Jus got this from wiki:
While the defining characteristics of femininity are not universally identical, some patterns exist. Gentleness, empathy, sensitivity, caring, sweetness, compassion, tolerance, nurturance, deference, and succorance are behaviors generally considered feminine.
And none of it says violence.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
appreciate it i didnt know who made it but i mged the person who i thought had posted it and i didnt hear anything if this belongs to you im very grateful its an awsome pic

i didn't make it actually. i was just tugging you're otters

First of all, Innocence is not an act. If you are truly innocent, You don't have to pretend.

So girls who are innocent only care about looks. Wow, never heard that observation.Honestly, you are degrading women/girls who are feminine by their nature. By feminine, i mean by the way they dress and act. We don't call tomboys as feminine cuz they aren't. If women weren't characterized by their personality/looks/dress sense, we would not have the term feminine. In case you didn't know what feminine means, please google.

Even guys get criticized if they act in any way feminine. Again, There is a certain way of things that specifically define women and hence the term feminine. Mostly feminine character is known for softness and maternal instincts. The reason why a mother is favored in custody battle of a child is because they are feminine by nature and have maternal instincts that a father(a man) lacks.

LOL....I never said "All women MUST be feminine". I find kyrie to be feminine and thats why i like her. Jus as Eva was. Also women can't be violent and feminine at the same time. Jus like tomboys aren't feminine.

In case you have forgotten, Eva couldn't be saved. And jus because kyrie could be saved, does not make her any less of a character.

Eva was tough but she couldn't do much. Jus as kyrie was suicidal to save the child. Which does say kyrie was tough. But yeah , Eva is a more siginificant character to DMC and kyrie was jus a spin-off character. But I don't think any less of kyrie. Besides being stereotypical.

EDIT: Jus got this from wiki:

And none of it says violence.

"Gentleness,caring,sweetness etc' Those are TRAITS which ANYONE should posses,not just women.

So,if a man is gentle and caring he's not considered manly but feminine. Don't bring that up.

I know guys who think that if one of them shows compassion or cries he's considered a 'p*ssy'. Those need a reminder that feelings are totally human and so is crying.Not just something women do.

And it's nothing wrong in showing a weak side,but many men don't want to because it's considered 'feminine' and it makes them less of a 'true man'. THIS is a stereotypical way of thinking,even for men.
There can be men who don't like violence,but at the same time there can be women who practice it.Just look at women in martial arts,there are plenty. And they can kick ass and many guys are afraid that a woman can take care of herself and be herself without being LABELED.

I wasn't talking about violence. I was talking about what feminine is considered in society and how many women are stressed about it because they fear that it if they do something not feminine they might be labeled as unladylike and not a true woman. What's the matter if a woman can fight? What if a man can't?

I don't know about you,but I'd be happy to live besides someone who can feel comfortable near me and won't act in a certain way to prove ANYTHING.

My point about Eva wasn't about that. Eva has a different story. Eva put her life in danger knowing that there won't be anyone to save her and she protected something she cherished. She didn't have to wait for her knight to save her because she was on her own,she didn't have anyone to rely on to save her. Besides this,Eva doesn't give the feeling of a stereotypical damsel in distress.

Then again,who defined the term 'FEMININE'? I tell you who,not women,but mostly men. (not all,so I won't be generalizing)
What does it mean? What does MANLY means? These terms were looked in a stereotypical way for ages,and if you don't behave accordingly to them you basically are an outcast and you're looked down because you're not fitting in their selfish STANDARDS of what they think is or isn't feminine or manly.

Again, I wasn't talking about innocent ones ( I repeat nobody is innocent in essence because we're human beings) but I was talking about those girls who only care about their looks in order to please the man near them and have to act like that because they're afraid they won't be loved if they would be themselves and act like a normal being.
Don't tell me THESE women don't have pressure on them because of the society,I understand that because I'm a woman myself.

I don't try to degrade the term feminine,but I want to prove that women aren't only reduced to that and that many of them are capable of many things.Just likethere are male cooks,there can be scientist women but that doesn't make them less of a person.

Being feminine or manly doesn't define you as person.

Women can wear dresses in their free time but at the same time they can work in automobile repair shops.Men can wear large clothes and work as a babysitter. And these people don't need anyone to define who they are because that's their choice.
I can wear a suit and the next day wear a dress.What's the deal in it? I can play video games the the next day bake a cake.
Why should we refrain anybody from who they really are and what they like and be considered not feminine/manly?

You generalize. And you gave that example as a way to say that women are the ones who should take care of the children because they have maternal instincts. What about mothers who don't have children or those who even kill their children? Where is their maternal instinct? What if a father takes care more than the mother? Is he considered feminine? Does that mean he lacks what many call 'parental instinct' ? No.

And this is where the justice system is wrong.
They favor the mother simply on the fact that she has maternal instincts.What if that woman doesn't have any love for her child but the father DOES? The father won't have the custody of the child because the mother was choosed to take 'care' of it even if she doesn't love him,it's because she possesses that 'maternal instinct'. See where this is wrong.

I think this got somehow off-topic,sorry for that.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
"Gentleness,caring,sweetness etc' Those are TRAITS which ANYONE should posses,not just women.

So,if a man is gentle and caring he's not considered manly but feminine. Don't bring that up.

I know guys who think that if one of them shows compassion or cries he's considered a 'p*ssy'. Those need a reminder that feelings are totally human and so is crying.Not just something women do.

And it's nothing wrong in showing a weak side,but many men don't want to because it's considered 'feminine' and it makes them less of a 'true man'. THIS is a stereotypical way of thinking,even for men.
There can be men who don't like violence,but at the same time there can be women who practice it.Just look at women in martial arts,there are plenty. And they can kick ass and many guys are afraid that a woman can take care of herself and be herself without being LABELED.

I wasn't talking about violence. I was talking about what feminine is considered in society and how many women are stressed about it because they fear that it if they do something not feminine they might be labeled as unladylike and not a true woman. What's the matter if a woman can fight? What if a man can't?

I don't know about you,but I'd be happy to live besides someone who can feel comfortable near me and won't act in a certain way to prove ANYTHING.

My point about Eva wasn't about that. Eva has a different story. Eva put her life in danger knowing that there won't be anyone to save her and she protected something she cherished. She didn't have to wait for her knight to save her because she was on her own,she didn't have anyone to rely on to save her. Besides this,Eva doesn't give the feeling of a stereotypical damsel in distress.

Then again,who defined the term 'FEMININE'? I tell you who,not women,but mostly men. (not all,so I won't be generalizing)
What does it mean? What does MANLY means? These terms were looked in a stereotypical way for ages,and if you don't behave accordingly to them you basically are an outcast and you're looked down because you're not fitting in their selfish STANDARDS of what they think is or isn't feminine or manly.

Again, I wasn't talking about innocent ones ( I repeat nobody is innocent in essence because we're human beings) but I was talking about those girls who only care about their looks in order to please the man near them and have to act like that because they're afraid they won't be loved if they would be themselves and act like a normal being.
Don't tell me THESE women don't have pressure on them because of the society,I understand that because I'm a woman myself.

I don't try to degrade the term feminine,but I want to prove that women aren't only reduced to that and that many of them are capable of many things.Just likethere are male cooks,there can be scientist women but that doesn't make them less of a person.

Being feminine or manly doesn't define you as person.

Women can wear dresses in their free time but at the same time they can work in automobile repair shops.Men can wear large clothes and work as a babysitter. And these people don't need anyone to define who they are because that's their choice.
I can wear a suit and the next day wear a dress.What's the deal in it? I can play video games the the next day bake a cake.
Why should we refrain anybody from who they really are and what they like and be considered not feminine/manly?

You generalize. And you gave that example as a way to say that women are the ones who should take care of the children because they have maternal instincts. What about mothers who don't have children or those who even kill their children? Where is their maternal instinct? What if a father takes care more than the mother? Is he considered feminine? Does that mean he lacks what many call 'parental instinct' ? No.

And this is where the justice system is wrong.
They favor the mother simply on the fact that she has maternal instincts.What if that woman doesn't have any love for her child but the father DOES? The father won't have the custody of the child because the mother was choosed to take 'care' of it even if she doesn't love him,it's because she possesses that 'maternal instinct'. See where this is wrong.

I think this got somehow off-topic,sorry for that.

wow...way to stick to your guns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom