• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Dante backlash was 'anticipated'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Admin
CVG said:
DMC lead producer Alex Jones has revealed the Ninja Theory expected some sort of resistance to lead character Dante's stylistic departure.

Many CVG readers voiced their displeasure at the younger, more 'emo' version of Devil May Cry's white/silver-haired legend.

DMC lead producer Alex Jones made the following statement...

Alex Jones said:
This was not unanticipated, Dante is an iconic character that people have genuine affection for and this is a radical departure. Even so, the decision to change Date was made early on. They started off as small changes from developer Ninja Theory, but Capcom wanted rage-inducing change.

They said, No, no, we want you to risk making us angry, We want it way out there and then we will walk the design back.

Meg

"Walk the design back?" :huh:

Meaning they are gonna tweak the design? Or something else? :wacko: Still it doesn't surprise me that they knew people were gonna be upset over it. They must be really confident the game then.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
so basicaly Capcom told Ninja Theory. change dante so much everyone hates you than we will tweak it until they forgive you. and Ninja Theory of course responded by making Dante look like the director of the game. the next step is for Capcom to tweak it until it looks like Dante again. that solves the issue of Dante looking ugly. if the final look for Dante is good than i think the game is going to be accepted by Devil May Cry fans with alot less drama. then we get to wait until its out and people have played it to hear more ranting.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
This is like the final scene of some kind of detective drama.
So it was Capcom behind the change all along...devious.

Walking the desing back is not the right thing to do.
It just shows how ninja theory is not strong-willed experienced publisher as Capcom.
And i like the new Dante too.
Some people are actually going to be dissapointed about redesigning new Dante,and that ones include me.
The are confusing everyone with that decision if it´s true.
They should stick to this design(Dante in puberty could actually look like that,he still has some white hair).
DMC6 can be used to go back on old tracks and fill some plotholes.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
In the response to Original's letter posterd in another thread, it seems Capcom has no intention of changing the look of new Dante. So I think the 'walking back' has already been done. It took them a year just to settle on this look, so... you can either take that as confidence in the look they have, or that they can't be arsed to change it now regardless of reception.

Kittn;276464 said:
In the response to Original's letter posterd in another thread, it seems Capcom has no intention of changing the look of new Dante. So I think the 'walking back' has already been done. It took them a year just to settle on this look, so... you can either take that as confidence in the look they have, or that they can't be arsed to change it now regardless of reception.

Phew,happy to have new Dante back.
Nice find +rep ^_^.

Dominus

Next on the agenda: Make DmC a duck and cover shooter with melee option when close up. Boss fights have you shoot weak points and then perform a QTE.

Meg

Dominus;276627 said:
Next on the agenda: Make DmC a duck and cover shooter with melee option when close up. Boss fights have you shoot weak points and then perform a QTE.

I'd play it. ;)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well, the game is still in its early stages for designing yada yada. They may still have lots of changes from now till it's ready to be released to the public.

Meg

They even said that they haven't really looked at gameplay yet. We have lots of time.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
Dominus;276627 said:

They've already made that game, maybe you've heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom