• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Combo Mad

XM.

Cool video. Too bad that kail doesnt record his actions anymore, imagine his perfect timing and pure skill in DmC.

ChaserTech

Cool video. Too bad that kail doesnt record his actions anymore, imagine his perfect timing and pure skill in DmC.

Kail was good back in his DMC3 days. Idk if he still kept his skill though.

Also I thought the video was alright. However I don't like the way that people are playing DmC like a DMC4/DMC3 game with unnecessary jump cancelling. There were only a few videos that I could pick out in which there wasn't any JCs involved that I was honestly impressed with.

MedicoreR

A meteor coming, i agree with ChaserT, wtf?!.
Especially Brea's (a.k.a. isedelica) video was the biggest dissapointment for me.

edit: Question: How does stinger+trillion stab auto correct itself?

Gbraga

A meteor coming, i agree with ChaserT, wtf?!.
Especially Brea's (a.k.a. isedelica) video was the biggest dissapointment for me.

edit: Question: How does stinger+trillion stab auto correct itself?
I believe it's because the auto lock will always lock on the nearest enemy, and since it was the only one, stinger makes him pass the enemy and the game auto corrects during trillion stabs.

And Brea's not ise, they're different gods. And brea's video brought some really great tech, even though the combos themselves weren't that impressive. Make the enemy land on your helm breaker, invisible prop, lvl 0 ricoshot to cancel the recovery of prop and so on.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
And Brea's not ise, they're different gods. And brea's video brought some really great tech, even though the combos themselves weren't that impressive. Make the enemy land on your helm breaker, mind prop, lvl 0 ricoshot to cancel the recovery of prop and so on.
Just thought I would correct you there :shifty:

WorkenOnMaLeft

Also I thought the video was alright. However I don't like the way that people are playing DmC like a DMC4/DMC3 game with unnecessary jump cancelling. There were only a few videos that I could pick out in which there wasn't any JCs involved that I was honestly impressed with.
referring to when people would be spamming JC and yamatos air slash for 5 minutes? -.- i dont mind jump cancel spam as long as the attacks in between are very varied.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Think you can go a bit more into detal with that "Unnecessary JC" cause that's pretty much how DMC3/DMC4 do it with the JC vids. I don't have to JC to get SSS in DMC3 so that kind of counts as unecessary.

But please elaborate.

ChaserTech

referring to when people would be spamming JC and yamatos air slash for 5 minutes? -.- i dont mind jump cancel spam as long as the attacks in between are very varied.

Think you can go a bit more into detal with that "Unnecessary JC" cause that's pretty much how DMC3/DMC4 do it with the JC vids. I don't have to JC to get SSS in DMC3 so that kind of counts as unecessary.

But please elaborate.

The main reason why I said that is because I felt as if JC was just thrown into DmC without much refinement as the previous games. Not to menton DmC was almost specifically made for the user to stay in the air as long as possible without the use of JC. DmC has a different combat system compared to DMC3/DMC4. And to me, I see a lot of people who keep trying to emulate DMC3/DMC4 style'd gameplay when some aspects just doesn't fit.

I'm not saying that JC wasn't needed at all. Just the way that it was implemented in this combo video was a bit unnecessary with certain moves since there were a lot of combos with similar patterns. However the only thing I thought was decent was Calibur > JC > Aerial Rave.

WorkenOnMaLeft

The main reason why I said that is because I felt as if JC was just thrown into DmC without much refinement as the previous games. Not to menton DmC was almost specifically made for the user to stay in the air as long as possible without the use of JC. DmC has a different combat system compared to DMC3/DMC4. And to me, I see a lot of people who keep trying to emulate DMC3/DMC4 style'd gameplay when some aspects just doesn't fit.

I'm not saying that JC wasn't needed at all. Just the way that it was implemented in this combo video was a bit unnecessary with certain moves since there were a lot of combos with similar patterns. However the only thing I thought was decent was Calibur > JC > Aerial Rave.
hmmm i somewhat disagree. sure it isnt as needed as previous games but jum0 cancelling is still the best way to use the quickest attacks in the quickest succesion like aquilas air combo (i would say its even faster than yamatos air slash) mixed in with helmbreakers, arial rave, calibur ect ect make for a deadly combination with JCs in between.

Soupie

I agree with Chaser. The game's combat is designed so that it is possible to chain all sorts of combos without having to rely on JC much.

I think people should spend more time trying to figure out how to catch enemies in a Kablooey explosion or using DT's float mechanic. Creative approaches to those things would be very fun to watch.

Top Bottom