• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc chronological Order

Luciax

Could you say all Dmc timelines in chronological order? And I also want to know about Dante how old and his height are in all the timelines. I've searched in Google but there are many different answers, so I want to be sure and ask here :)

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
DMC3-DMC1-DMC2-DMC4-DMC5 is the chronological order
DMC2 use to be set after DMC4, but that was later retconned
DmC is set in it's own timeline

As for Dante's age, I posted a thread going more in-depth about it. But to sum it up
DMC3: 19, DMC1: 28, DMC2: Around 35, DMC4: 38, and DMC5: 44

DmC Dante if you're curious, it's unknown, but he's generaly assumed to be in his early-to-mid twenties.

As for Dante's height. It's never been said in the series but I assume he's around 6'3" or 6'4", there's a height chart for the anime that says Dante's 190 cm (around 6'3"). There was a statue made of Nero, supposedly up to scale, while they were promoting DMC5. Which Capcom said was 190 cm, and Dante usually seems to be a bit, not a lot, taller then Nero.

EDIT: Again if you're curious about DmC Dante, according to his mugshot released after DmC's debut trailer, he's around 6 feet tall.

Last edited:

Luciax

DMC3-DMC1-DMC2-DM4-DMC5 is the chronological order
DMC2 use to be set after DMC4, but that was later retconned
DmC is set in it's own timeline

As for Dante's age, I posted a thread going more in-depth about it. But to sum it up
DMC3: 19, DMC1: 28, DMC2: Around 35, DMC4: 38, and DMC5: 44

DmC Dante if you're curious, it's unknown, but he's generaly assumed to be in his early-to-mid twenties.

As for Dante's height. It's never been said in the series but I assume he's around 6'3" or 6'4", there's a height chart for the anime that says Dante's 190 cm (around 6'3"). There was a statue made of Nero, supposedly up to scale, while they were promoting DMC5. Which Capcom said was 190 cm, and Dante usually seems to be a bit, not a lot, taller then Nero.

EDIT: Again if you're curious about DmC Dante, according to his mugshot released after DmC's debut trailer, he's around 6 feet tall.

Thank you very much! So the Anime is after Dmc 1 and before 2, right? He could be than 29-34 years old. But he stucked in the underworld for a few years that confuses me a little bit.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Thank you very much! So the Anime is after Dmc 1 and before 2, right? He could be than 29-34 years old. But he stucked in the underworld for a few years that confuses me a little bit.
I missed it when I read about the DMC5 prequel novel. But Dante says it's been 10 years since he took care of Paty. Which would make him 34 in the anime

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Luciax
The order is rather irrelevant. If the next game needs to they'll change it again. It's all gonna be dependant of whether they want to change it again or not. Frankly, I no longer put any stock to these things since it clear that it's going to be determined by whatever the next game needs for it to be, not an actual set sequence of events. The only real marker in time you need to keep in mind is whether the event takes place before or after he met Trish.

As for the age they have always kept these things ambiguous. blood type, age, height and all the other standard stuff that Japanese media always adds. The numbers and ages you will find anywhere are just fan estimates. There is nothing substantial to put them there. For example, Dante and Lady are around the same age in 3. If they're that close in age why doesn't she look like she's over 40? In fact, she's played by a 32 year old model in 5. They certainly didn't age her the way they did Dante, considering Adam Cowie is only 30, at least was when 5 was released.

Then again, Japan is very youth centric. After teenage years they treat everyone as old. I've seen shows where 27 year olds look like they were well passed their mid 30's.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
The main canon is this:
Devil may cry 3
Devil may cry 1
Devil may cry the animated series
Devil may cry 2
Devil may cry 4 (novel too)
Devil may cry 5 before the nightmare
Devil may cry 5 vision of v
Devil may cry 5

Maybe the devil may cry 3 manga is Canon too set one year before dmc 3