• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 4 teaser

Viper

Premium
It's official, think it was the earliest video they released. After that and based on response, they did some tweaking and Dante came out as wet dream we know today.
Though I know someone who would like him more if he stayed like that.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Its not the earliest, here is the first teaser,

The one listed by the OP was the second teaser that was released.

As you'll notice from both the teaser's Dante's appearance went through some changes between them and the final version we got.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I've always liked the design in the teaser more than the one we got in DMC4, it's kinda like DMC3 dante with a bit of DMC1 Dante mixed in there. The design here is simple and not to overloaded with belts... that's the main thing that still irks me to this day in DMC4, why does he need all these belts? Sure not to hold his sword on his back or to close the shirt (that has a zipper), ah well it's like in final fantasy I guess, just to look different and get some unnecessary details in there.

Viper

Premium
I've always liked the design in the teaser more than the one we got in DMC4, it's kinda like DMC3 dante with a bit of DMC1 Dante mixed in there. The design here is simple and not to overloaded with belts... that's the main thing that still irks me to this day in DMC4, why does he need all these belts? Sure not to hold his sword on his back or to close the shirt (that has a zipper), ah well it's like in final fantasy I guess, just to look different and get some unnecessary details in there.

While I agree that he didn't need so many of them, I think the belts were used to hold his holsters in place. Except in the game they were too lazy to actually add any holsters and only left the belts. Same with Nero and those things he has on his legs, while his gun just vanishes in a dimensional pocket or something. I hope it's a dimensional pocket, the alternative of him shoving it where sun doesn't shine is scary... though it would explain a thing or two 'bout his behavior.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah, it's official. The Dante in that one actually seems like a blend between DMC1 Dante and a Final Fantasy character like Vaan or something. Something about the hair, the pointy but soft shape of his face, and his general slenderness makes it seem FF-ish. Can't say I like it much, though his clothing seems pretty nice.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I thought that was the first teaser for 4 as well.
Also *hint* guess where nt got their idea of cameras getting bust up by Dante from.

Nah, he did that in DMC3 as well XD

While I agree that he didn't need so many of them, I think the belts were used to hold his holsters in place. Except in the game they were too lazy to actually add any holsters and only left the belts. Same with Nero and those things he has on his legs, while his gun just vanishes in a dimensional pocket or something. I hope it's a dimensional pocket, the alternative of him shoving it where sun doesn't shine is scary... though it would explain a thing or two 'bout his behavior.

He would still need only one though, as I've been looking at the artbook, they did not bother thinking about where he keeps his guns, which I find funny, since they did in DMC 2 and 3.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Teaser dante just looks like DMC 2 Dante with DMC 1 dante's coat on..

DMC 4 is a just an joker with lots of belts on.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I like DMC4's Dante's look (joker... bah). There's a lot of detail in that design. And come on, enough bitching about his "unnecessary" belts, this story is getting old... it's not that a character, especially an over-the-top one like Dante, must not wear anything except the necessary, what the hell? His clothes in DMC4 fit well with the character and the overall style of the game.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600

i saw this video recently. I never knew this exists exists.
what do you think of this video?
is this a fan made or official?
if official why Dante's face looks odd?
oh yeah, that was official. There was a huge amount of hype for a long time since that's all we got for a really long time. Later it was revealed that dante would not be the protagonist, and some people were initially upset about that (me included) but nero plays pretty well, so we forgave them

But yeah, his face did look pretty ****ing weird. Really glad they changed it

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/devil-may-cry-4-dante-e3-2005.jpg
devil-may-cry-4-dante-e3-2005.jpg

That, from my point of view, will forever and always be the best-looking Dante. Way better than the DMC4 "fat alcoholic" look we got in the end, anyway.

Edit: I remember some floozie telling me that she was glad that he looked that way because the image above -- and get this --

"looked too much like DMC3 Dante."

-- wow, what an idiot.

He's supposed to look like his past self. He's the same person. Fool.
-_-

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/devil-may-cry-4-dante-e3-2005.jpg
devil-may-cry-4-dante-e3-2005.jpg

That, from my point of view, will forever and always be the best-looking Dante. Way better than the DMC4 "fat alcoholic" look we got in the end, anyway.

I like that Dante, I even have that image as cellphone wallpaper! But "fat alcoholic"?! You must have played the wrong game, man, cause DMC4's Dante looks anything but "fat". LOL rather, he muscled up. Quite the opposite, I'd say.
Not sure what you mean by "alcoholic" though.

Top Bottom