• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 4 PC - I got bit disappointed

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Let it be like however you want. But, for me, keyboard will always be the best option.
On a side note, what was your keys configuration, if you reconfigured?

Keyur

Let it be like however you want. But, for me, keyboard will always be the best option.
On a side note, what was your keys configuration, if you reconfigured?

Lets say about Nero
W,A,S,D= move
Left mouse button= Melee attack
Right mouse button= Range attack(More easy to perform charge shot while holding mouse button)
Jump= Shift
Devil Bringer= R/E(Choose most comfortable key you prefer)
Lock on= Space
Exceed= Q
Devil Trigger= Middle mouse button/V
Taunt= F/G

Change Target, Camera movement keys(arrow keys), Reset camera = Removed bcoz there is no need of them due to mouse.

This is just one example with my thoughts. This key binds might get better if CAPCOM works on during the design of game.

extra life

live dt demonstration
no mouse cause i don't wanna play a first person shooter but devil may cry. and i scored S on almost all missions in DMD,no cheats,no auto,no super character or anything,with keyboard and default key configuration. i am able to do jump canceling,style switching,distorted real impact,royal guard and use all the abilities of the game except for some pandora transformation codes and nero's calibur/shuffle even though it is possible,i'm just not skilled anough yet and i don't bother as i'm not really into guns but have done that after a few tries so it can be done. to mention,finished the legendary dark knight mode too,even hell and hell lol and there was really no need to move the camera around as you have the lock on option using the space key,you don't even have to use O to change targets as all you have to do is turn around and tap space. only at one particular place inside the fortuna castle,at the bars sealing the last gyro blade,the camera sometimes switches off room and i lose focus,and thats rarely. press P and that is all fine. so as for controls and camera,i never had any problems.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
I, speaking as a keyboard DMC4 player, must say: It was a great stock button configuration they made. I didn't have to strangle my fingers, the DT button was in perfect location for my thumb, lock-on button too. The only change I nade was putting melee attack in J and ranged in I.

Camera angle: Must admit. It sucks. But after a while, you get used to incoming attacks from behind.

As extralife said, don't use O. Change the targets manually with the space bar.

Keyur

no mouse cause i don't wanna play a first person shooter but devil may cry. and i scored S on almost all missions in DMD,no cheats,no auto,no super character or anything,with keyboard and default key configuration. i am able to do jump canceling,style switching,distorted real impact,royal guard and use all the abilities of the game except for some pandora transformation codes and nero's calibur/shuffle even though it is possible,i'm just not skilled anough yet and i don't bother as i'm not really into guns but have done that after a few tries so it can be done. to mention,finished the legendary dark knight mode too,even hell and hell lol and there was really no need to move the camera around as you have the lock on option using the space key,you don't even have to use O to change targets as all you have to do is turn around and tap space. only at one particular place inside the fortuna castle,at the bars sealing the last gyro blade,the camera sometimes switches off room and i lose focus,and thats rarely. press P and that is all fine. so as for controls and camera,i never had any problems.

Using mouse doesnt mean its first person shooting game. You might find more PC games similar to DMC with mouse configuration. Few famous game example: Assassin Creed, Prince of Persia, Matrix Path of Neo.
Yeah it is possible to score S ranking in all mission with default configuration on keyboard. As you said about Pandora, Calibur/Shuffle - my point is, executing certain moves feels more harder than gamepad/joystick. If you playing on PS3 or Xbox its bit gives smooth experience in combos, Jump Cancel and all.

Keyur

I, speaking as a keyboard DMC4 player, must say: It was a great stock button configuration they made. I didn't have to strangle my fingers, the DT button was in perfect location for my thumb, lock-on button too. The only change I nade was putting melee attack in J and ranged in I.

Camera angle: Must admit. It sucks. But after a while, you get used to incoming attacks from behind.

Yeah I have also switched "J" and "I" but default configuration works better for charge shot because it wont cross your finger.
As you said we get used to it but its really annoying in DMD mode when you trying to score perfect.
Change target with space bar is bit depends on luck. Think about situation where is three frost is present and your spacebar target wrong frost.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
Keyur said:
BlitzDanzye said:
Yeah I have also switched "J" and "I" but default configuration works better for charge shot because it wont cross your finger.
As you said we get used to it but its really annoying in DMD mode when you trying to score perfect.
Change target with space bar is bit depends on luck. Think about situation where is three frost is present and your spacebar target wrong frost.

Then use roll or RG, or even jump, if a frost attacks you and you target a wrong frost.

Top Bottom