• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 4 PC - I got bit disappointed

Keyur

Hey fellow gamers. I just completed DMC 4-PC version on all modes(even on hell and hell mode). Now its time to get all "S" on each mission.

I wont talk about which I like in DMC 4 - we all liked this game and we know good stuff about game. Wanna point out few things which **** me off.

After completing game in DMD mode I watched videos of gameplay on many sites(dont wanna spoil my game experience via walkthrough and guides). Most video is of playstation/xbox version.

Lets talk about PC game experience
- Camera angle: in some fight it become horrible and making game experience worst. Example: if you fighting frost- you have to move camera so frost behind you wont attack. In PC version camera movement is not controllable at all. This is worst reason to ruin gameplay.
- Combo Mechanics - in many fight I have to select Automatic Mode which I hate it as good gamer. Are you guys playing in Automatic or normal mode? One thing I also noticed is Snatch response is way faster in automatic mode.
Some of the combo is impossible to do in some wyrd camera angle or dodge attacks.
- Gameplay and Feel of the game: Everyone like to finish game with zero damage and style. Above mentioned things ruining all game experience. I am more happy with gameplay and combo mechanics of DMC3(even with few bugs).
- In few fight I have to stop combo to dodge attack but its not possible to stop combo sometimes.

Hard game is fine by me but making game hard with wyrd camera angle, not sufficient freedom in game control mechanics is aint good. DMC player need way faster response time/reflexes to be DMC master; Thats completely ok.

Above all problem solved in PS and Xbox version but in PC game got far worse. In PS3 we can give justice to game with all of our fingers but not in PC. Sometimes it feel like I suck at gaming. Have you tried PC version? Have you completed DMD/hell and hell mode in normal mode with all S ranking(honorably- without using items or any bugs or cheat)? Or its only my experience about PC version.

I am talking about end gaming not just finishing game and move on. Please share your opinion about PC version of game.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I tried the PC version. I failed miserably and stopped playing almost immediately. Why? Because it's pretty much impossible to do combos with a keyboard. But maybe it would help if you bought an Xbox 360 controller that you can plug into the PC.

But I guess that wouldn't solve the camera angle problem.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I played the PC version with a KEYBOARD. Completed till LDK mode with turbo on and with S rank in every level. Didn't have any problems at all.

And you can't move the camera in the PC version? I thought the arrow keys moved the camera very well.

For me, style-switching with a keyboard was way more effective and easier than the XboX kinda controller I bought for PC after reading some reviews that said a controller is a must. That controller is eating dust.

So, in the end, keyboard was way better for me.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I played the PC version on a KEYBOARD. Completed till LDK mode with turbo on and with S rank in every level. Didn't have any problems at all.

And you can't move the camera in the PC version? I thought the arrow keys moved the camera very well.

For me, style-switching with a keyboard was way more effective and easier than the XboX kinda controller I bought for PC after reading some reviews that said a controller is a must. That controller is eating dust.

Well, you must be a wizard with a keyboard then. Sure, I could get S ratings, but I couldn't link many combos together.
In DMC4 on 360, I could get combos of SSS, while on PC it was more like A, or maybe S.

Keyur

I tried the PC version. I failed miserably and stopped playing almost immediately. Why? Because it's pretty much impossible to do combos with a keyboard. But maybe it would help if you bought an Xbox 360 controller that you can plug into the PC.

But I guess that wouldn't solve the camera angle problem.
Yeah finally its good to hear that...I am not alone

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Well, you must be a wizard with a keyboard then. Sure, I could get S ratings, but I couldn't link many combos together.
In DMC4 on 360, I could get combos of SSS, while on PC it was more like A, or maybe S.

You make it sound a lot tougher and weirder than it really is. It's not hard at all. You just have to reconfigure the keys and you are good to go. And SSS rank becomes a child play once you cross the Devil Hunter mode, atleast for me. Seriously.

Keyur

I played the PC version with a KEYBOARD. Completed till LDK mode with turbo on and with S rank in every level. Didn't have any problems at all.

I have completed all mode too in PC version now working on S rank. I also got 24 "S" in first 6 mission. Few questions for you...:p
Have you tried 360 or Playstation version of DMC 4?
Play normal mode- just key spam "snatch" move. Now switch to auto mode do same thing again. Is there any difference?
You mentioned you have completed LDK mode so you must have completed DMD mode with S ranking. Just asking again for confirmation. DMD mode with "S" ranking in PC?
Which mode are you using for PC version? Automatic or Normal?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You make it sound a lot tougher and weirder than it really is. It's not hard at all. You just have to reconfigure the keys and you are good to go. And SSS rank becomes a child play once you cross the Devil Hunter mode, atleast for me. Seriously.

Yeah, I guess reconfiguring the keys could work. Would take a while to memorize which key is which, though.
True, on a low difficulty, it would be impossible to get SSS since most enemies will die before you get to it :p

Come on, automatic doesn't require skill... I hope nobody actually uses that.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I also played DMC4 PC edition, but for some strange cicumstances i liked it. Only one problem was camera and sometimes bug in Bloody Palace when I played as Dante, but game was fine for me, as I play not on Desktop PC but Laptop

Keyur

Come on, automatic doesn't require skill... I hope nobody actually uses that.
Yeah when I (by mistake) start DMC with auto mode and realize after long time its not good. At that time I already gone very deep into that mode. I agreed on Normal mode requires more skill than auto mode. But in Auto mode I have to play with unpredictable combos sometimes - still I manage to learn it. Now start from beginning is annoying.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Yeah when I (by mistake) start DMD with auto mode and realize after long time its not good. At that time I already gone very deep into that mode. I agreed on Normal mode requires more skill than auto mode. But in Auto mode I have to play with unpredictable combos sometimes - still I manage to learn it. Now start from beginning is annoying.

In my game only Nero have that Auto mode, maybe Im more like Dante, so I have no problem going with him in Normal mode.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I played using automatic mode when I couldn't defeat that stupid old man in the last mission(DH Difficulty). It was at that time that I really checked out some gameplay vids on how to defeat some bosses. They were really helpful.

Keyur

My point is that if you play on Xbox or Playstation - its easy to perform all combo and enjoy gameplay without disappointment because of awesome controller design. We can use all fingers and thumbs in game. In PC version we have two hand one for movement+style switching and other hand is for melee+range attack combos. We dont have 3rd hand for camera movement. What we can do is use "P" key to set default camera angle. In many condition its not viable.
I wish Capcom introduce mouse for movement in next expansion. In any good PC game keyboard turning for camera movement is not GOOD at all.

lorddemolatron

Premium
My point is that if you play on Xbox or Playstation - its easy to perform all combo and enjoy gameplay without disappointment because of awesome controller design. We can use all fingers and thumbs in game. In PC version we have two hand one for movement+style switching and other hand is for melee+range attack combos. We dont have 3rd hand for camera movement. What we can do is use "P" key to set default camera angle. In many condition its to viable.
I wish Capcom introduce mouse for movement in next expansion. In any good PC game keyboard turning for camera movement is not GOOD at all.

Of course If DMC 5 will come that addition with mouse could be good for me too :)

lorddemolatron

Premium
So if they introduce turning camera with mouse, you will still have two hands right? One for style switching+movemet and the other for range and melee attacks. 'Third hand' will still be required!

But of course people not have additional hand for now ;)

Keyur

So if they introduce turning camera with mouse, you will still have two hands right? One for style switching+movemet and the other for range and melee attacks. 'Third hand' will still be required!

Mouse have two buttons which might be utilize in performing combo. Like Melee attack and Range attack button. W,A,S,D for movement. Any two keys near to W,S,A,D can be used for jump or style moves. For Dante Middle mouse button or mouse scroll also useful to style switching. Hope it will solve problems.
So one hand near W,S,A,D and one on mouse.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Mouse have two buttons which might be utilize in performing combo. Like Melee attack and Range attack button. W,A,S,D for movement. Any two keys near to W,S,A,D can be used for jump or style moves. For Dante Middle mouse button or mouse scroll also useful to style switching. Hope it will solve problems.
So one hand near W,S,A,D and one on mouse.

That would be more weird. Dante has 5 styles and there are numerous times when you directly have to go from one style to the other. Besides that, scrolling would likely be more difficult. The player would very often miss the style he actually wanted to choose.

Keyur

That would be more weird. Dante has 5 styles and there are numerous times when you directly have to go from one style to the other. Besides that, scrolling would likely be more difficult. The played would very often miss the style he actually wanted to choose.
Well still you have 1,2,3,4 keys open. If you like four keys for style switching you might go for it. We can set mouse control for style as second control option.

Top Bottom