• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Theories

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
The dialogue in my head pretty awesome

Vergil: (As the armies close in, and right after telling Dante to leave him and take the girls) I can handle a few overgrown birds.

Dante: Vergil, you don't have to do this.

Vergil: (smiles sadly) Yes I do.

(Dante, Lady and Kat turn to go. Vergil and Kat lock eyes for a second, then they're gone)

Angel enemy (cherub, look up the biblical description for what they look like): You can not escape.

Vergil: Ten thousand to one? You need more men (rushes into the horde, triggering the most epic Vergil gameplay, where the player just survives as long as they can until they inevitably die)

(Once player looses last of their life, cutscene activates and Vergil stumbles back cut)

Vergil: I'm not done yet! (cuts an Angel out of the sky, teleports to the next one, slashes it in half and just keeps going, killing everything in sight until he's hit in the back by a spear)

Vergil: (jerks from the hit, falls, and the angels pile on to him)
that may be a good way to redeem himself. i imagine a similar scene too. epic honorable death for vergil.

nephlim god

Everyone knows my personal theory:
Vergil declares war on Dante at the same time the Angels (who are just a different kind of asshole from the demons) decide to exterminate both Nephillim. Vergil and Dante end up in an enemy mine situation, along with Kat and a young woman only known as "Lady"
Vergil retains his power hunger, while slowly regaining his humanity, with scenes showing him earning his brother and Kat's trust again.

At the end, Vergil has a redemption equals death dying moment of awesome as he solos the angels to get Dante and the girls a chance to escape. Dante swears to avenge his death, while Kat remains silent. Dante fights the final boss, and defeats him while uttering this series first "Jackpot"

After the credits, we see the mansion, now the home of Dante's ever growing squad of demon (and now angel) killers. We zoom in on one room where we hear a woman singing a lullaby. Kat is holding a baby, which is going to sleep.

As she puts it down, the camera zooms in on the blue eyed, white haired baby. The game fades away as Kat says "Sleep tight, little Nero

Sounds good apart from the nero bit and vergils death. I really dont like nero because hrs just a copy of dante . But a less likeble one. Also ibliked the fact vergil was coming around and gaining trust. But one of the reasons i love this series because my favourite character is still alive and has been given some real character .

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
(Dante thrusts out his guns pointing at an angel, as if someone is sneaking up behind him and to attack)

Male Angel: WAIT! WAIT! PLEASE! I don't wanna fight! I'm not one of them.

Dante: Yeah. I doubt it.

Male Angel: Listen to me. I know you're being judged. I know one of them is a demon... in disguise.

Dante: How do you know? Who are you exactly?

Male Angel: My name is Azrael. The angel of death. And I'm a friend... of your mother's.

Dante: You knew my mom?

Azrael: Yes. I witnessed your mother's and father's relation together. So did your demon friend... Phineas.

Dante: I guess both of you are now involved in my family's affairs. What do you want?

Azrael: I wanna help you. Convince the angels that a nephilim like you... is not our enemy. And your brother, Vergil...

Dante: My brother turned his back on his angel side. There's no way I can save him.

Azrael: There are ways. If you let me. I can help you in your missions.

Dante: Really?

Azrael: In ancient times, Nephilim were once hybrids of angels & humans - giants to be exact... like Goliath.

Dante: I'm guessin' the battle of Israel between that giant and... King David, is it?

Azrael: Ah, yes. I see your mother gave you a bible to read back then. Now there is a variety of nephilim. Angel and demon. There's also another key... that'll help you unlock your full potential. You've already unlocked the demon side, thanks to Phineas' assistance. Now, you need the last key to unlock the angel side. Once its done... your full potential can at last be revealed. Triggering the nephilim inside.

Dante: And what happens if I at last trigger it? Would it be a blessing? Or a curse?

Azrael: That depends by fate. Now go... and may God be with you.

clever95

i would like to see in the sequel some of archangel(michael for example will come to dante for some reasons). because someday "the angel" part of the story have to be open a little bit more for fans.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
My theory is that they live on the planet Psychlo, where the EVIL Venasaurus and the NASTY Bandamagoo ate up ALL the Oompa-Loompas!

Zarmat

I wouldn't mind seeing Mundus come back in some form, I still holding onto the theory that he did something to Vergil while he fought him while Dante was fighting his larger self, maybe plant part of his soul or something into Vergil's which will slowly manifest over time, hence explaining Vergil "episode" after defeating Mundus.

Though that sought of story structure has been done in other works, be it in games or books so even though I would like to see it I got a feeling it wont be the case, having said that it be good to have Mundus have further involvement in future games since he is always been made out to be the 'big bad' of the DMC series but never lasting more than a game and a small cameo in another.

Panksie

Here is my idea for a sequal whenever they feel like making one.

Before DMC in the comics it leaves off with Vergil using his devil trigger one last time and wiping both Kat's and Vergil's memories along with their feelings for each other. Something that was left out and I feel shouldn't be left out in sequal.

Then you got the end of DMC where Dante and Vergil defeat Mundus having limbo collide with the human world thus exposing all the demons. The cliff hanger is that no one knows how the demons will interact with humans.

Another cliff hanger which many people complained about is the lack of information on angels and their existence. In my personal opinion and aside from the obvious of demons and angels always at war and apparently in DMC demons were the type to be greedy and lust for more power that's just judging from my perspective of Vergil, Mundus and Lilith and what could have caused an epic ongoing war between angels and demons. Also aside from and indirect source that other than demon magic angel magic could harm demons also.

Last one I am going to focus on is how in the end Dante's rage and his over use of devil trigger caused him to be corrupted be half of his blood line which in my opinion is typical.

One of my general ideas for a new sequel is the whole Batman and Joker theme as even though Joker wanted to kill Batman he have done too many things just to torment Batman alone and I feel that there can be no better role with Vergil and Dante seeing how things ended in Vergil's Downfall.

So in this new DMC it starts off with Dante killing demons relentlessly. Dante also sees the amount of chaos going on between humans alone like how Vergil and Mundus mentioned and Dante reacts the wrong way to some peoples actions and he is seen as even more of a public enemy Seeing how even Kat is in more danger just being around him he decides to look for a place to hide out in. Because of his last fight with Vergil Dante have been struggling to keep his sanity and have frequent violent outbursts. Kat noticing how Dante been lately becomes concerned and tries to find a way to bring Dante back to himself again.

Kat spends countless hours for spells and tools to help calm Dante and after creating something Kat notices a shady figure that looks closely to Vergil (Vergil's doppelganger). The figure then goes into shadows quickly after Kat have noticed it and have called out the name Vergil. Kat chases after the shaded figure and accidentally triggering the device and surprisingly it undid the spell that Vergil had cast on her. Upon remembering her feelings for Vergil Kat becomes determined to also bring Vergil back.

The shaded figure then returns from the shadows and what would look like have attacked her but Kat screams and it switches back to Dante. Dante hears her scream and rushes over only to find Kat passed out on the ground. Dante checks to see if she is ok and then Kat slowly reawakens and tell Dante she is ok. Upon these two meeting Dante mentioned that there are too many demons for him alone to hunt down and remembers how Mundus kept the demons in a seperate world but then remembered how Vergil destroyed the hell gate. So during the conversation it is mentioned that Sparda was never killed and maybe he can have a way to fix the mess Dante and Vergil created.

Upon leaving the building Dante and Kat have a horde of demons waiting for them outside and as Dante goes to attack all of them Kat is then captured by one of the demons and is taken somewhere. Despite being able to over power much of the demon horde Dante was able to catch up to the demon that have Kat captured but is then stopped by Vergil's doppelganger. After being slowed down Dante completely loses Kat and continues to pursue her. Out of a an outrage Dante activates his devil trigger creating a whole new form and slaughter ever demon in sight very quickly.

So on the way to rescue Kat Dante have to fight multiple bosses and hordes of demons. Upon getting near where Kat is being held prisoner at Vergil stabs Kat in the stomach and throws her at Dante. After a heated argument and fight the enraged Dante still manages to overpower his brother but before Dante could do the finishing blow he is stabbed in the back through the heart by what would look like a seemingly alive Kat with no marks on her. Stunned by this Dante fails to react and Vergil's tells him how he wants him to suffer like he did and then stabs Dante in the chest apparently killing him. Vergil then attempts to kill Kat but then she activates the tool bringing back Vergil's memories. Vergil being emotionally confused by everything hesitates to kill Kat. But at the same time being very unhappy with how his fight with Dante went and goes to seek more power. Vergil leaves Kat next to the lifeless body of Dante on the search for his Father in order to attain more power.

Now focused on Dante who is seen laying down and then reawakening in a hell. Having flashbacks from all what happened leaves Dante enraged in his newly formed devil trigger as he wanders through hell fighting many demons. As Dante wanders through hell he sees ethereal images of his mother and faintly hearing her voice but failing to understand what she is saying until after so much his mother appears in full form and embracing Dante and is engulfed in a sphere of light. Remembering his mother's touch Dante's anger subsides lightly and enough to where he can have a few words with his mother. His mother upon hearing what has happened has deeply saddened her and begs for her two sons to stop the fighting. Within the light Dante is reunited with his beaten and battered body. Dante assumes he is brought back to life but only to appear in a different place once the light fades away.

When Dante appears in this new place he hears voices and he follows the voices only to meet a group of people he later finds out are angels. As Dante approaches these people they see mostly a demon in Dante and a fight in engaged. After much struggling on both parties it is later revealed that Dante is the son of Eva and was sent there on his mother wishes. The angels then talk to Dante telling him how instead of helping humanity out him and his brother have caused more chaos. But then agrees to help end this mess only after Dante goes through an Ascension Ceremony to attain more angelic powers.

Despite being wary of both Dante's rebellious and demonic nature the angels heal Dante completely of his new wounds and sends him down a trial to attain his angelic powers. Dante nonchalantly accepts the angels aide in the war. Dante along with a horde of angels come back to human world and a full scale epic fight between angels and demons have been initiated again. Dante goes to find Kat only to see that she is surrounded by demons and before she is attacked the demons are quickly slain. Upon seeing Kat again Dante is very wary of Kat and points a gun at her to stay away then asks her where did Vergil go. Dante creates an angelic protective angelic barrier around Kat and then pursues after Vergil

Along the way to searching for Vergil Dante comes across an imprisoned Sparda. Dante releases Sparda but with mixed emotions on both sides and little words exchanged between the two upon seeing each other they began to fight. Dante is on even footing with his farther and as they were fighting Dante finds out that Vergil had met Sparda but back stabbed him and took part of his power then imprisoned him again. Sparda wishes for his sons to stop fighting but at the same time wants to go stop Vergil. Dante stops his father and says he will take care of his brother but his father disagrees with Dante going in til after an exchange of words Sparda lets Dante go. Between the fighting Dante forgotten what he needed to ask his father.

Dante then finds his brother and upon meeting each other a few words are exchanged. Despite the heat between each other Dante is his fully cocky self again while vergil is calm and beaming with confidence of his new power. The engage in another fight shortly after. While each other are fighting words are continued to be exchanged and as it looks Dante is losing both battles as Vergil berates Dante for the amount of chaos he created while trying to claim his way would have been the better decision. Dante who is overwhelmed is at a stand still from the emotional and physical beating. Vergil proceeds to finishing his brother off by stabbing him through the chest only for Dante to move slightly avoiding such a fatal injury and stabbing Vergil at the same time and then taking back Sparda's power. Caught by surprise Vergil who had a doppelganger set aside somewhere had take the power back while the two continue to skewer each other. Dante uses his newly attained angel powers to push Vergil back shoots a flurry of bullets at Vergil and quickly charges at his doppelganger to take back the power.

To be honest I can't think of much of an ending but oh well at least I got a strong story here. But I was thinking that for an ending. Sparda uses his power to send most of the demons into another form of limbo. Angels finds other places to reside at thus expanding their territory. A great angel uses it power to overwrite what has been undone by Vergil and Dante thus creating another fabricated reality. Vergil is still alive but imprisoned and trapped in a pools of his emotions and insanity. Dante being saddened by what has become of his brother but then later on is comforted by Kat. Feeling not all demons are completely removed from human world Dante and Kat open up a new shop with the purpose of handling special cases like it was in other games. As for Kat shortly after creating the shop she ups and leave Dante going on an adventure with the last thought in mind was of Vergil. As for Sparda he would spend his time in solitude mourning over his late wife and you start to see him losing his sanity from shear anger.

Top Bottom