• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Theories

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Better question is there even going to be a sequel............well there probably will be......eventually.

So I guess if there is a sequel it'll probably be about Vergil trying to conquer humanity and Dante must stop him either that or something pertaining to Sparda and his imprisonment. Well since Limbo is gone and people know demons are among them they'll acquire Dante's help and that is where Devil May Cry shop gets into business. Hmm...at least unlike the old ones it explains if people know about demons and if so how....demons being incognito until Dante and Vergil spoiled their hiding spot to the world...would've been a great expansion to the old series. Just that I already lost interest in this game's story after they...I mean NT.....butchered Sparda's character, made Vergil a b*tch just so they can remotely make him cool, made Dante.......yeah he may have white hair now and has matured but I won't forget he was a pr*ck who lived in a trailer house and slept with hookers and was proud of it and even if he becomes like DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, or DMC4 Dante I will never forget that, killed off Mundus like he wasn't a demon god, made Dante & Vergil half demon and half angel and really messed up the mythos while they're at it, killed Mundus's Spawn or child (who could've been a good plot focus for another DmC game), and Vergil's Downfall.......yup....it seems without some outside writer....Ninja Theory can't write to save their lives. That and they constantly use ideas from so much outside sources to the point they just want to rip off other games/movies to make a cool modern hip story but in turn is just another Duke Nukem at least with past DMC games they kept that at a minimum.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I assume it will venture on Dante finally getting his shop in and still thinking of a name for it. There would be more on internal issues with Kat and dealing with her step father's torture in her dreams. She would have to face those again and deal with it once and for all. Vergil would be trying to gain ultimate power and rule over the human world as he rightfully thinks he should, but this time in the way Mundus would.

A few other things like;

Mundus having a second son who grew up into the second protagonist who doesn't know who he is (Nero) and is recruited by Vergil but later sides with Dante.

Trish coming into the sequel would be nice.

At the end, Nero ends up in a small town where he finds the rebooted Kyrie.

Kat's step father being the second antagonist.

TheNoHeartedBeing

I think Vergil may come back to Take revenge on Kat. It seems like Kat is the only reason Dante didnt side with Vergil at the end. This is all i can say because i havnt played Vergils Downfall yet.

TheNoHeartedBeing

I assume it will venture on Dante finally getting his shop in and still thinking of a name for it. There would be more on internal issues with Kat and dealing with her step father's torture in her dreams. She would have to face those again and deal with it once and for all. Vergil would be trying to gain ultimate power and rule over the human world as he rightfully thinks he should, but this time in the way Mundus would.

A few other things like;

Mundus having a second son who grew up into the second protagonist who doesn't know who he is (Nero) and is recruited by Vergil but later sides with Dante.

This is a good post man. I just hope if they do put Nero in the game that they give him proper character development. Also it would make sense for Kat to have the nightmares return because Vergil kinda went crazy and Vergil was the one which she trusted the most.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd like to see Sparda return. But like hiding in the shadows, watching over Dante and Vergil.

Plus Phineas should return and Mundus' offspring.

IncarnatedDemon

I hope sequal isnt related to past DMC games. No trish, lady or nero. That its a new story that continues the reboot entry. If it includes characters or story or scenes from past games then id rather want DMC 5.

They shud go into how nephilims were killed.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
[quote="]They shud go into how nephilims were killed.[/quote]

That would be a good idea. The could also expand on the Angle/demon war. DmC has a lot of possibilities and I want NT/Capcom to explore them all.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
They should add more nephilims (including the giant ones that can be a variety) - ones that are angel/demon & ones that are angel/human & form cambions. And can't we add at least one dhampir. I want Dante to fight alongside other demon slayers like him.

Kat can be Dante's love-life forever and if Trish "Beatrice" comes back, make him his adopted sister, due to being a clone of Eva.

Sparda can be like... "Big Boss" from Metal Gear Solid 4, even Kevin Flynn from Tron Legacy.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Vergil and his army vs dante kat and there army of angels, dante opens the shop and it is made out of his wrecked trailer

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles

A few other things like;

Pretty sweet

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
My hatred for DmC aside.
If DmC2 happens and it gave Dante more of his DMC1 appearance, that cool looking jacket and all, plus if they made new Dante more likable, I might give it a chance.
I do not want Trish, Lady or any more characters from past DMCs to show up, just let Ninja Theory, Capcom or whoever the hell ends up making it come up with new characters, I love Trish and Lady, but if they get the DmC treatment I'll just end up loathing them just like new Dante and Vergil, Mundus wasn't too bad.

A funny idea I thought about is just having recently replayed DMC1, I just remembered the part where after Dante defeated Mundus with Trish and Mundus vowed to return, Dante gives the quote "Give my regards to my son", I think maybe that since the fan reception to DmC was largely negative, the sequel will be just as bad if they keep everything the same as DmC, instead maybe they could make the DmC sequel another alternate series where Mundus comes back and meets Classic Dante's kid or something. Just something off the top of my head.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
1: At least some mention of angels and their role in demon-slaying or at least their role in society. Are demons the same as fallen angels? if yes, do angels have the same powers?

2: Make it on an in-house engine.

3: I'd really like it if Dante had at least some Trickster moves. Vergil seems to be having all the fun on that front.

4: No color-coded enemies. Make it so they take more damage from one weapon, but they can at least be hit by all of them.

5: Get Alex Garland to write for it.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Everyone knows my personal theory:
Vergil declares war on Dante at the same time the Angels (who are just a different kind of asshole from the demons) decide to exterminate both Nephillim. Vergil and Dante end up in an enemy mine situation, along with Kat and a young woman only known as "Lady"
Vergil retains his power hunger, while slowly regaining his humanity, with scenes showing him earning his brother and Kat's trust again.

At the end, Vergil has a redemption equals death dying moment of awesome as he solos the angels to get Dante and the girls a chance to escape. Dante swears to avenge his death, while Kat remains silent. Dante fights the final boss, and defeats him while uttering this series first "Jackpot"

After the credits, we see the mansion, now the home of Dante's ever growing squad of demon (and now angel) killers. We zoom in on one room where we hear a woman singing a lullaby. Kat is holding a baby, which is going to sleep.

As she puts it down, the camera zooms in on the blue eyed, white haired baby. The game fades away as Kat says "Sleep tight, little Nero

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wanna see Dante prove to the angels that a nephilim like Dante can protect humans as much as angels do.

Since Dante made a demon ally like Phineas, maybe an angel ally as well named Azrael.

Top Bottom