• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlchemistFromEden

Well they cant just introduce a new character surrounded by mystery and end it there. Neither can they reboot a series and just leave it after the first game.
this is a hack and slash game, which are known for their relatively simple plots that have little to no depth whatsoever, nero is a perfect example of this , i mean seriously, who cares where nero comes from, he's just a carbon copy of dante anyway, i'd like a sequel to DmC way more than plot exposition galore for explaining for no reason who nero really is

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
this is a hack and slash game, which are known for their relatively simple plots that have little to no depth whatsoever, nero is a perfect example of this , i mean seriously, who cares where nero comes from, he's just a carbon copy of dante anyway, i'd like a sequel to DmC way more than plot exposition galore for explaining for no reason who nero really is
God of War and Ninja Gaiden don't have simple plots. Just Saiyan. Also, believe it or not, but Nero does have a fan base. So obviously they're going to care where he comes from. I do. There would be no harm in delving into his origins. Besides, DMC5 doesn't have to be ALL about Nero. I just want Dante to become the main protagonist again. Let Nero be a supprorting character. I'd take DMC5 over DmC2 any day.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
A lot of people do care about the plot. This isnt just any mobile phone game or arcade game you know. Dont think that just because you have no interest in story, others do too.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't know why Devil May Cry attempting to tell a decent narrative for once is considered a bad thing. It's not like it took away from gameplay because it was all woven together seamlessly in to the game. And when you look at it as a whole DmC cutscenes all together clock in at only a hour and a half.

DMC 4 clocks in at almost 2 hours and also this is an example of cutscenes that tear in to gameplay since there are a couple of fights in the beginning of the game that honestly have no reason to be non playable. Why can't I fight those demons in the street during the opening credits?

And DMC 3 which clocks in also even longer than DmC.

You can't just say DMC was NEVER about the story because it does make a serious attempt at actually telling one. They just suck at it. If it is bad then it's not exempt from criticism. I don't really care about the plot because I watch the cut scenes maybe during my first play through and that's it. I keep hitting that skip button from then on out.

I don't think DmC's plot is something to write home about because it really isn't any better than the straightforward plots of its predecessors but the better constructed plot is DmC's even if that's not saying much. The voice acting in DmC is the best so far in the series hands down. I'm glad Vergil doesn't sound like a nasally dweeb anymore. And at least some time is spent on these characters enough you at least get a little bit of character development. Questions are left unanswered in DmC and the ending is left open ended because it is a clear as day this game was looking to expand with a sequel.

This has the potential for the Devil May Cry story to start coming full circle instead of being the unorganized canon of the original series which jumps to different time periods like you're on board a time machine and also pulling stuff out of its butt with some awkward exposition for the sake of the player and not common sense plot wise.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Does this mean DMC5?
Right now it doesn't mean anything until Capcom give an official statement about their choices. They could cann the whole thing, make DMC5, make DmC2 or have both games being made at the same time. But we don't know yet until Capcom tells us.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I'm fine with DmC2 or DMC5

As long as I get my favorite redtrench coat wearing, one liner making, white-haired, badass of a protagonist who cares about humanity.
Instead of a cursing little punk trying to emulate a modern version of him.

And by the looks of it, we will get DMC Dante in DmC2.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm fine with DmC2 or DMC5

As long as I get my favorite redtrench coat wearing, one liner making, white-haired, badass of a protagonist who cares about humanity.
Instead of a cursing little punk trying to emulate a modern version of him.

And by the looks of it, we will get DMC Dante in DmC2.
That was the idea with DmC. Make Dante into a douche so that the game shows how he becomes more like DMC Dante. Like how DMC3 Dante matured by the end of the game, the same has happened to DmC's Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom