• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Sure I do, bro. Seeing Awesomeness over sloppiness is always cool. Hehe, just kidding. It looks cool though. :p

I wouldn't mind coexistence. So long as I get a DMC5, I couldn't give a damn where DmC is headed. If people want a DmC I say, why not give it to 'em?
Oh I know right. XD

Yeah same here. I can't help but feel like all rage will be washed away when DMC5 hits. It's what people wanted all along.

IncarnatedDemon

Darksiders 1 isn't that good game. But it's the VERY FIRST Darksiders. So it set a foundation for the games to come for Darksiders.

And BY LOOKS of it Darksiders 2 seem to be a improvement to Darksiders 1.

I complained about lack of difficulty beyond Hard (Apoclyptic), and in Darksiders 2 there is Nightmare difficulty.
I complained about lack of BLoody Palace, and in Darksiders 2 there is THe Crucible.

One could only imagine how Darksiders 3 would be from a gameplay perspective when Vigil games adressed two important issues from Darksiders 1 with Darksiders 2.

And thats two things i noticed without playing Darksiders 2. If i played it i could see what else they improved on.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Darksiders 1 isn't that good game. But it's the VERY FIRST Darksiders. So it set a foundation for the games to come for Darksiders.

And BY LOOKS of it Darksiders 2 seem to be a improvement to Darksiders 1.

I complained about lack of difficulty beyond Hard (Apoclyptic), and in Darksiders 2 there is Nightmare difficulty.
I complained about lack of BLoody Palace, and in Darksiders 2 there is THe Crucible.

One could only imagine how Darksiders 3 would be from a gameplay perspective when Vigil games adressed two important issues from Darksiders 1 with Darksiders 2.

And thats two things i noticed without playing Darksiders 2. If i played it i could see what else they improved on.
Also making the sequel too damn long and deciding to throw in some RPG elements that did nothing but just become tedious.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
So let me get this straight just to make sure I understand this. It's a possibility that DmC2 is going to get made by Capcom instead of NT? Honestly I don't know what think. I'm very curious though, and excited to see where this leads to.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
DEVIL MAY CRY 5?!

YES YES YES!!! Now they'll really be getting their shyit together. This makes me so happy. *cries tears of joy* ...Get yourself together, man. Devils never cry. But anyway, yeah I do think it's sad that DmC won't continue, but think of how fans felt when DMC was rebooted. Always living in constant fear whether their favorite game series was going to continue or not. I know I was. I really didn't think there'd be a DMC5, but after hearing this, some light has been shed. DmC was nice and it did do a lot right (art direction, cool morphing environments, mid-combo weapon switching, stronger emphasis on narrative and aerial combat, etc.) but at the same time it was far from perfect and had its fair share of flaws (balance issues, brain dead AI, exploitable gameplay, overpowered DT, no challenge provided, uncharming characters, the list goes on).

Capcom, don't screw this up. When you do DMC5, make it everything DMC1 and DMC3 was. Return to 1's atmosphere and 3's badassery, and expand upon 4's CUHRAYZEE gameplay formula. That would surely be the perfect DMC.

Like I said though, they need to try out what works. Rebooting DMC obviously did not work. They lost a lot of fans and successfully split an entire fan base. We don't need that. And besides, DMC was already established. We should be building upon what we already have, regardless if it's gotten "stale" or not. Not abandoning it. I'm happy they're finally starting to realize that now. DMC returning to Japanese development can only mean good things. Good luck...

I totally agree, and I'm shocked nobody on the 'pro DmC side' (getting tired of that cliché, but sadly, it's true, as if nobody likes both games) will even give you a thumbs up. And that statement of 'DMC got stale' is simply an opinion, and if a lot of people feel that way, then try something new, instead of rebooting an entire series, calling it DmC when it really isn't. Mid-combo weapon switching was in DMC4 too, though - just pointing that out.

Most Japanese developers really know how to create excellent, fluid and responsive gameplay, so I wonder what'll happen next.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I just don't see the point in hiring NT to give their creativity if Capcom are just going to turn around and take the game back and basically 'Japaneseify' the game again. It's like going backwards from what their intentions were for the reboot.
However if Capcom want to create the combat, make the character models and environments based on NT designs I'd be happy with that.
Also, they should keep the same quality of motion capture. That was something else I really liked with DmC. Subtle character movements that could show so much about their emotional state or what they could be thinking.
That's what I meant actually :3

But more action in the cutscenes. DmC was very stand around and talk most times. Would've been cool to see Dante engage in a fight with someone in a scene instead of only ingame.

I totally agree, and I'm shocked nobody on the 'pro DmC side' (getting tired of that cliché, but sadly, it's true, as if nobody likes both games)

Lionheart, I have something to tell you.

>_< I like both games!

Do not divide us, we are one of the same bunnies within this fandom!
tumblr_mlh5woqXpN1snuz62o1_250.gif

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
That's what I meant actually :3

But more action in the cutscenes. DmC was very stand around and talk most times. Would've been cool to see Dante engage in a fight with someone in a scene instead of only ingame.

Lionheart, I have something to tell you.

>_< I like both games!

Do not divide us, we are one of the same bunnies within this fandom!
tumblr_mlh5woqXpN1snuz62o1_250.gif

I know, it's just that there's people on this site who do all they can to keep the respect to themselves and everyone who likes DmC, even though they know the 'DMC side' has valid points. I thumbs up people sometimes even when I don't agree with them, because I understand where they're coming from and respect that. I don't know, maybe that's just my way of looking at things. I'm glad there's people who like both and don't want to take the role of defender or attacker :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Most Japanese developers really know how to create excellent, fluid and responsive gameplay, so I wonder what'll happen next.
And the dozens of non Japanese developers don't? Really?

I don't get why people keep thinking that mid combo switching in DmC is "new". As well as aerial combos.

It's not new at all. It's a pretty old concept and existed back in DMC3 and was further expanded on in DMC4.
Well, I guess we should have asked DmC to like not keep things that make Devil May Cry Devil May Cry. It's not like they were still making a Devil May Cry game or anything.

ChaserTech

Well, I guess we should have asked DmC to like not keep things that make Devil May Cry Devil May Cry. It's not like they were still making a Devil May Cry game or anything.

Did I say that it was a bad thing? No.

I'm just saying that people keep exclaiming that weapon switching in mid combat was new when it isn't.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Did I say that it was a bad thing? No.

I'm just saying that people keep exclaiming that weapon switching in mid combat was new when it isn't.
But at least it's incorporated in a less clumsy manner. The style system has always been more forced than anything else. The controls in DmC all feel comfortable. I like being able to pull off a prop shredder followed directly by a inverted rainstorm without having to hold a button and cycle towards a different set of moves.

Did I say that? No, I did not. Come on, I'm not going to feed the troll. If you just misinterpreted my comment, my apologies.
There's a meaning behind the word responsive. DmC is still responsive. When you're pressing a button and doing exactly what you wanted to do, that's responsive. I don't see where a cultural difference comes in to play in that. Why do you want to molest the east so much? You need to give it some personal space.

IncarnatedDemon

DMC DNA have been thrown around during DmC Controversy.

You may ask "What is DMC DNA?"
A good question indeed.

My answer to that is:
DMC DNA is what makes Devil May Cry Devil May Cry.

Gameplay - is a major part of DMC DNA:
But DmC has issues, which is bad if you consider what DMC DNA consists of (gameplay being good).
60 fps was cast aside for sake of dynamic enviroments.
Taunt was cast aside for sake of narrative (i really dont see how they couldnt have done that).
And manual lock was removed and replaced by automatic one which didn't work as good as people expect from a game where gameplay is important.

This second thing in my opinion that makes DMC DMC, is the character Dante.
The name "Devil May Cry", seems to be reference to this: Click

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
There's a meaning behind the word responsive. DmC is still responsive. When you're pressing a button and doing exactly what you wanted to do, that's responsive. I don't see where a cultural difference comes in to play in that. Why do you want to molest the east so much? You need to give it some personal space.

I know. What I meant was *very* responsive. Some games don't respond quite as well to your input as others. I got the sense that Gears of War and Halo 3 responded quite slowly, but maybe that's just my imagination. I mean input lag, similar to how quickly your TV responds to input from the Xbox 360. Some TVs respond more quickly, too (usually plasmas).

ChaserTech

But at least it's incorporated in a less clumsy manner. The style system has always been more forced than anything else. The controls in DmC all feel comfortable. I like being able to pull off a prop shredder followed directly by a inverted rainstorm without having to hold a button and cycle towards a different set of moves.

Uh, you hold buttons in DmC while using Prop Shredder. As well as this, you're cycling through weapons (If you're using Aquilla before switching to Osiris).

Have you forgotten about the control scheme?

Edit: You also don't hold buttons to switch weapons in DMC4.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC DNA have been thrown around during DmC Controversy.

You may ask "What is DMC DNA?"
A good question indeed.

My answer to that is:
DMC DNA is what makes Devil May Cry Devil May Cry.

Gameplay - is a major part of DMC DNA:
But DmC has issues, which is bad if you consider what DMC DNA consists of (gameplay being good).
60 fps was cast aside for sake of dynamic enviroments.
Taunt was cast aside for sake of narrative (i really dont see how they couldnt have done that).

Uh, you hold buttons in DmC while using Prop Shredder. As well as this, you're cycling through weapons (If you're using Aquilla before switching to Osiris).

Switching the styles was holding a button and swapping them out. Yea you hold a button to switch weapons and it all flows nicely. When I want to pull out my scyth I just hold L2 and I can release it to get back to Rebellion or switch to my flaming hulk hands for some different tatics. Found the xbox controller more comfortable doing this because PS3 has those flimsy stupid triggers.
And manual lock was removed and replaced by automatic one which didn't work as good as people expect from a game where gameplay is important.

This second thing in my opinion that makes DMC DMC, is the character Dante.
The name "Devil May Cry", seems to be reference to this: Click
The reason behind the name Devil May Cry is pretty sappy. It's pretty much based around the alleged belief that demons can't feel emotions or cry, this isn't true because Trish cried for Dante and she's a demon. You'd think this would have been obvious since Sparda also on his own accord decided to become a demonic savior of humans and eventually fell in love with one.

Switching the styles was holding a button and swapping them out. Yea you hold a button to switch weapons and it all flows nicely. When I want to pull out my scyth I just hold L2 and I can release it to get back to Rebellion or switch to my flaming hulk hands for some different tatics. Found the xbox controller more comfortable doing this because PS3 has those flimsy stupid triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom