• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dissidia May Cry: Judgement

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
That title may sound stupid and that's only because it is. Being serious though, what do you guys think of a Dissidia or Castlevania Judgement style DMC fighting game?

While we're on the Subject:

Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lucia, Trish, and Lady vs Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil Harvey, Cloud Strife, Lightning, Yuna, Maria, and Kain Highwind
-All the FF fighters have Adamantium equipment
-The FF fighters have the following weapons/misc.:
  • Warrior of light has the Barbarian Sword
  • Firon has a blood sword, blood lance, blood axe, blood staff, blood dagger, and blood knuckler
  • Onion Knight has the Onion Sword
  • Cecil Harvey has the Lightbringer (Paladin form) and Cimmerian Edge (Dark Knight form)
  • Cloud has the Buster Sword, Firaga Materia, Thundaga Materia, Blizzaga Materia, and Ultima Materia
  • Lightning has the Blazefire Saber and the Odin Blades (when she summons Odin)
  • Yuna has the Tiny Bee pistols from FFX-2 and an ordinary rod for summonings and white magic
  • Maria has the Artemis Bow
  • Kain has the Abel Lance
-The DMC fighters have the following equipment
  • Vergil has the Yamato and Beowulf
  • Nero has the Red Queen, Devilbringer (cuz ya know, it's kinda part of him), and the Red Queen (Yes he will still be able to DT for the sake of this fight)
  • Lucia has the cutlaseers, throwing knives, darts, and the cranky bombs (lolz)
  • Trish has the Sparda and Luce & Ombra
  • Dante has Rebellion, Ifrit, Cerberus, Nevan, Lucifer, Pandora, and Alastor (but only when DT'd for dual-wielding because that would be awesome, no?)
  • Lady has all the weapons she's been shown to have throughout the series
-Dante can use all the powers he's had throughout the series to include quicksilver, doppelganger, ultimate guard (royal guard skill), Majin Devil Trigger, etc, etc...
-All characters (except for lady) can use DT but it only lasts 3 minutes and has a 5 minute recharge time

Last edited:

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
^DT for 3 minutes? Isn't that a bit much for a fighting game?

Anyway, I'd like to see Devil May Cry vs Castlevania. Not really sure about the Judgement style since I haven't played it.

Devil May Cry
  • Dante with Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory
  • Vergil with Yamato and Summoned Swords
  • Trish with Sparda and Luce & Ombra
  • Nero with Red Queen and Blue Rose, Devil Bringer
  • Lady with Kalina Ann and handguns
  • Lucia with cutlasses and throwing knives
All DMC characters can DT for about 15-20 seconds, refills while fighting, Lady gets a generic power boost.

Castlevania
  • Belmonts (Simon, Trevor, Richter ?) with Vampire Killer and cross sub-weapon
  • Alucard (SOTN appearance) with Alucard Sword and Crissaegrim
  • Maria (SOTN appearance) with Doves and a sub-weapon
  • Soma with Claimh Solais and Valmanway
  • Jonathan with Vampire Killer and dagger sub-weapon
  • Charlotte with Magic
  • Shanoa with Glyphs
Haven't played all of the games, so I guess a 15-20 second power boost for the CV cast, I think Alucard would get Dark Metamorphosis or something.

TyrantWayne9999

^DT for 3 minutes? Isn't that a bit much for a fighting game?

Anyway, I'd like to see Devil May Cry vs Castlevania. Not really sure about the Judgement style since I haven't played it.

Devil May Cry
All DMC characters can DT for about 15-20 seconds, refills while fighting, Lady gets a generic power boost.

Castlevania
  • Charlotte with Magic
  • Shanoa with Glyphs
Haven't played all of the games, so I guess a 15-20 second power boost for the CV cast, I think Alucard would get Dark Metamorphosis or something.
It just raises too many questions....

TyrantWayne9999

[QUOTE Devils Never Cry, post: 558345, member: 17387"]^DT for 3 minutes? Isn't that a bit much for a fighting game?

Devil May Cry

Castlevania
  • Charlotte with Magic
  • Shanoa with Glyphs
Haven't played all of the games, so I guess a 15-20 second power boost for the CV cast, I think Alucard would get Dark Metamorphosis or something.[/QUOTE]
you didn't see the little versus thread with DMC vs FF characters?

TyrantWayne9999

I see no point to one and DMC doesn't have a vast variety of characters to really make up a well rounded fighting roster. The closest you're ever gonna get is Marvel Vs. Capcom.
The first blazblue only had 8 characters and it's not even 10 years old

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dante, Vergil, Trish, Lucia, Nero, Credo, Agnus, Lady, Arkham/Jester, Agnus, and Arius. Hell include DmC dante and vergil if they really wanted to.
A lot of character who are all very similar when you get right down to it. How many f#cking sword and gun wielding characters do we need?

When creating a fighting game I'm all for diversity. You need all kinds of different characters that offer variety in play styles.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
No. Castlevania Judgement blew and Dissidia is alright. Basically the DBZ game with FF characters.

I would rather a DMC game going in the sidescrolling Metroidvania genre.

Ahh, a fellow castlevania/metroidvania fan.

But i agree, I would not mind seeing a DMC sidescrolling game akin to the likes of SOTN and AOS.

Maybe even make it 2.5D (3.D graphics/2.D playing filed)

That would be a great side game in my opinion.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd say it could work, however the comboing that's used in DMC/DmC wouldn't fit very well for a fighting game, and that will be one of the bigger complaints; no JC, no guard canceling, and all those other difficult mechanics of the series.

Also like what Chancy said; there are too many characters with swords and that would kind of ruin the diversity of a fighting game. But then again, this isn't the first fighting game with more then one character using a sword. Look at Samurai Showdown and their roster of sword using characters.

Another thing to also take into consideration is that which Dante are we considering here? DMC3 Dante? DMC1, 4, 2, reboot, or an original concept of Dante? There could be a costume roster when picking Dante where if you pick Dante you chose which Dante like with DBZ BT3. And if that is the case, it seems like a bit of a waste if it's the same character with the same gameplay but with different clothes. Maybe hose can be costumes.

Also, if Nero and new Dante are characters, how would you work around the grappling? That would be a real disadvantage and a bit of a cheat ability in a versus situation of a fighting game.

Also, what of the demon characters like the knights, derkavac, the fire demon boss from DMC2, etc. Those can be part of the roster too to add a bit more variety to the set.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ha. You could audition for True Blood... you know, since you live in Louisiana and all... >_>

That or the Karate Kid... Ralph Macchio was twenty-two when he played Daniel-san.
You know, people told me I looked like Ralph Macchio when I was a kid. I'm not kidding. I've also been told I look like a young Mark Ruffalo lol.

TyrantWayne9999

I'd say it could work, however the comboing that's used in DMC/DmC wouldn't fit very well for a fighting game, and that will be one of the bigger complaints; no JC, no guard canceling, and all those other difficult mechanics of the series.

Also like what Chancy said; there are too many characters with swords and that would kind of ruin the diversity of a fighting game. But then again, this isn't the first fighting game with more then one character using a sword. Look at Samurai Showdown and their roster of sword using characters.

Another thing to also take into consideration is that which Dante are we considering here? DMC3 Dante? DMC1, 4, 2, reboot, or an original concept of Dante? There could be a costume roster when picking Dante where if you pick Dante you chose which Dante like with DBZ BT3. And if that is the case, it seems like a bit of a waste if it's the same character with the same gameplay but with different clothes. Maybe hose can be costumes.

Also, if Nero and new Dante are characters, how would you work around the grappling? That would be a real disadvantage and a bit of a cheat ability in a versus situation of a fighting game.

Also, what of the demon characters like the knights, derkavac, the fire demon boss from DMC2, etc. Those can be part of the roster too to add a bit more variety to the set.
Have you ever played Dissidia/DD012?

Dante and nDante could be like Firion or Vaan, weapon master characters
Agnus and Sanctus could play like the magic users (the way their boss fights play out I'd imagine they could be like Golbez and Kefka respectively in terms of gameplay)
Lady would probably play like Laguna having a different firearm for different ranges
Vergil would probably play kinda like Sephiroth and maybe have some Beowulf skills included
Credo could probably be like a combination of WoL and Kain (cuz his sword can turn into a polearm)
I suppose Arius could be like a combination of the Emperor and Yuna (a sort trapmaster/summoner hybrid)
Trish I could imagine playing like a combination of Lightning and Tifa
Nero might be little bit tougher to figure out but Firion utilizes moves that reel in his opponents but that's about it
Jester/Arkham is also difficult to figure out but maybe he could play like Kuja or Ultimecia (maybe?)

I'd say I got the gist of it...no?

Top Bottom