• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DirectX 12 to have ability to combine Nvidia & AMD Cards

Dark Drakan

Admin
microsoft-directx-12-logo.jpg

I was reading through some sites yesterday and happened to come across an article on Gamespot speaking about DirectX 12 and it stated that Microsoft are preparing a major announcement at the Games Developers Conference. It is expected that they will reveal a feature for DX12 that will combine all the different graphics resources in a system and treat them as though they were a single card. Meaning people could combine BOTH Nvidia and AMD cards and make use of the resources on BOTH cards. If it is indeed as straightforward as that it could be a game changer in the PC gaming market.​

DirectX 12 Can Combine Nvidia and AMD Cards

Anyone else see this or have any thoughts on it?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This is interesting. From what I understand, the DX12 will recognize multiple graphics cards as a single one, so... maybe that means that separate support for SLI and Crossfire won't be needed anymore if you have an Nvidia and AMD card in your PC.

Dark Drakan

Admin
This is interesting. From what I understand, the DX12 will recognize multiple graphics cards as a single one, so... maybe that means that separate support for SLI and Crossfire won't be needed anymore if you have an Nvidia and AMD card in your PC.

Im wondering if this means that you will be able to make use of both Mantle and PhysX if you own both cards.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Im wondering if this means that you will be able to make use of both Mantle and PhysX if you own both cards.

Hmmm it's an interesting possibility. It can be, you could assign the Nvidia card to handle PhysX through the Nvidia control panel and let the AMD card use Mantle.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hmmm it's an interesting possibility. It can be, you could assign the Nvidia card to handle PhysX through the Nvidia control panel and let the AMD card use Mantle.

Hopefully an announcement will reveal some details soon and questions like this will be cleared up as it could change the face of PC gaming.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
So it will be like AMD Crossfire? well that sounds like an interesting option but i'd still go for AMD cards because they're cheaper.

Top Bottom