• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you play any Devil May Cry game prior to DmC?

Did you play any Devil May Cry game prior to DmC?

• Total voters

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here we go.

Did you play any or all of the games in the franchise before the release of DmC?
If YES, if you like you can comment and say which ones you played and which are your favourite to date.

If NO, please do vote in the poll and if you like, you can state whether or not you have or are interested in checking out any of the other games in the franchise.

I'd warn you against making comparisons between the classic and the reboot. This is not a thread about which game is best and which isn't.
I don't want my thread rundown by either fandom, it is, as the poll states, to see who is fully engaged in the entire franchise, and who isn't. There is no right or wrong here.

Flames, baiting and trolling will be reported without warning.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
In chronological order:

• DMC1
  • DMC3
  • DMC2
  • DMC4
  • DmC
[DmC is my favorite because Vergil's Downfall reminds me of Persona 4; not to mention that DmC also reminds me of Soul Reaver, with it's twisting backgrounds and the fact that your sword is a "spiritual" part of the main character (it stores itself in the tattoo on his back).]

[DMC3 is in second place because it's just that much fun to play; the rest of the games I can take or leave.]

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Been playing since the beginning. I still have the original Devil May Cry demo disc that came with Code Veronica. I was addicted back in the day which is why DMC 1 is still my favorite. Those nostalgic heartstrings hold me.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes i played all 4 games , played DMC1 in 2001 and played em all since. DMC4 was my favorite for combat amd DMC3 was my favorite overall followed by DMC1

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
Got DMC1 the Christmas after it came out.

I actually distinctly remember turning the game on, hearing the old "let's rock, baby!" line for the first time, and just thinking I was really gonna enjoy what was about to happen and I was right.

Well, once I turned on easy mode anyway. Too hard for me at the time. :/

Viper

Premium
*hides under a box* I never actually played any games from the entire series, just watched cutscenes and gameplay videos. So, yeah, I'm here pretty much for the story.
Back in 2001 my brother was in charge of buying games and I could never get him interested in all these years. Now I could afford the games... if I find them relatively cheap... but can't afford the console. :'(

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
*hides under a box* I never actually played any games from the entire series, just watched cutscenes and gameplay videos. So, yeah, I'm here pretty much for the story.
Back in 2001 my brother was in charge of buying games and I could never get him interested in all these years. Now I could afford the games... if I find them relatively cheap... but can't afford the console. :'(

bruh. get on that. especially DMC3. Course if you want you could try out the others but DMC3's regarded as the best and with good reason.

Viper

Premium
bruh. get on that. especially DMC3. Course if you want you could try out the others but DMC3's regarded as the best and with good reason.
I'm trying to find where I can get HD collection here (not really into importing, lots of people had bad experience with it), and then I'll somehow get my bro to borrow me his console. Or I'll camp at his place, even if it means having his two daughters breathe down my neck.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
As I've said on multiple occasions, the first Devil May Cry was the reason I bought my first PS2, after sampling the game at a friend's house.

I actually ended up playing Devil May Cry 2 last, when I bought the HD Collection after beating DmC on its hardest difficulty. And frankly...I don't hate it. It's an extremely underwhelming game in almost every respect, bland and boring...but it isn't horrible. People talked about the game like it was an unplayable mess...when in actuality, it played and functioned fine. It was just an unenjoyable mess.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I played #2, 3, and 4 (in that order) and I think 3 was my favorite but I havent played it back since so take that as my tentative answer.

I wouldn't say i'm hardcore because my actual ability to play the games isnt that good but Im a fan nonetheless. i wouldnt mind playing DMC1 eventually.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As I've said on multiple occasions, the first Devil May Cry was the reason I bought my first PS2, after sampling the game at a friend's house.

I actually ended up playing Devil May Cry 2 last, when I bought the HD Collection after beating DmC on its hardest difficulty. And frankly...I don't hate it. It's an extremely underwhelming game in almost every respect, bland and boring...but it isn't horrible. People talked about the game like it was an unplayable mess...when in actuality, it played and functioned fine. It was just an unenjoyable mess.
Yea, the worst part about it for me is the awful camera which really for some reason worst than any other game in the series. Still, it's a functioning hack n slash game that is definitely underwhelming because the first one was just unlike anything else at the time. 4 is the worst in the series because I see a game that just doesn't care. After the screw ups and redemption the franchise had, DMC 4 is just like f#ck it, get really lazy and take a bunch of steps back.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
I Actually started with DmC JUST because i like Final Fantasy and I saw Nero who looks like a final fantasy character...So i thought DmC would have the same feel to it. Boy was i wrong... I still liked it none the less. Its what made me want to play DMC4 so bad and when i got it, it was HEAVEN Then i got the HD collection and play it in the order 312 because i wanted to play best to worst but it surprisingly turned out with 3 being the wort and 2 being the best. XD

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yep, played all of them back in the day from 1 to 4. I remember refusing to leave the house one day because I was so into playing DMC1. :laugh:

Top Bottom