• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did squall die in ff8?

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
I haven never beaten the game and dont really care to finish it. But I was just watching the cutscenes and it made me think that he died.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Really? Cause I saw the last video and didn't see him.

Yeah, you could see him smile after the camera showed Rinoa. It might've been some kind of post-credits scene, but I think it was the same cutscene as the one that showed Seifer laughing and annoying Fujin and Raijin. He looked at Balamb Garden as it flew by, and I think after that the scene was shown.

I'd post a vid of it, but I'm typing on an iPhone and it's not working great.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Here's the ending:
There's a scene after the credits where Squall and Rinoa kiss. So, he's not dead. However, Zell nearly dies choking in one of those videos during the credits:tongue: I'd forgotten how funny that scene was.

seraphmaycry

i think he did, i've heard the theory a few times before, apparently the first half of the game is more or less grounded in reality, the second half he dies or something then is revived and everything is a lot more fantasy, could be a dream, makes sense.

also this **** www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBjngP4GHL8

seraphmaycry

i think he did, i've heard the theory a few times before, apparently the first half of the game is more or less grounded in reality, the second half he dies or something then is revived and everything is a lot more fantasy, could be a dream, makes sense.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

The central plot of the game revolves around time compression, time travel and Ultimecia failing in the future, which means her going back in time to give her powers to Edea, and then Edea has the idea to create SeeD and Garden. It's like a loop of events. The happy ending we see at the end of the game is cancelled out by the fact that these events must play out in order for events in the game to happen.

So, it is entirely possible that there are alternate realities, maybe ones where Squall does die, ones where Ulimecia exists in one timeline to kick off the events of FFVIII or another timeline where something totally different happens.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I know the theory you're talking about and while it was interesting to say the least, it isn't true. He is alive and survives.

seraphmaycry

The central plot of the game revolves around time compression, time travel and Ultimecia failing in the future, which means her going back in time to give her powers to Edea, and then Edea has the idea to create SeeD and Garden. It's like a loop of events. The happy ending we see at the end of the game is cancelled out by the fact that these events must play out in order for events in the game to happen.

So, it is entirely possible that there are alternate realities, maybe ones where Squall does die, ones where Ulimecia exists in one timeline to kick off the events of FFVIII or another timeline where something totally different happens.

see, i don't know much final fantasy, i guess that makes sense in a complicated way.

I know the theory you're talking about and while it was interesting to say the least, it isn't true. He is alive and survives.

all i have to say is this

About the theory, in my opinion... Squall not dies in the game. (spoilers) If he die on Disk 1 everything that follows from disc 2 onwards would not make sense, we would not know the role of Edea, the connection with Laguna, Ellone, etc.

Squall does not die in disc 4 (spoilers) because the the video where Selphie and Irvine filmed the celebration after beating Ultimecia, everyone is happy, that means that everything went well (include Squall alive).
Also, Kitase in the interview in the Ultimania says that in the game there is a happy ending.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
He isn't dead. I'm pretty sure lacking face picture refers to his dissolving memories just like Rinoa's death in space. He tries to remember where to go, but can't until Rinoa serves as lighthouse for him .

Top Bottom